News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

9 Ridiculous Cooking Myths You Probably Believe (Cracked)

Started by AFK, January 10, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 08:53:37 PM
Dear Sweet baby Jeebus....are you telling me that there are people out there who actually aspire to be like Marcel? :lulz:

Forget it Jake... It's Seattle.
          \

East Coast Hustle

Nah, Seattle would eat those kids alive. They'd better stick to their island and/or rich little peninsula. They're not ready for Lake City on Saturday night.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 09:20:12 AM
And who the hell would feel threatened by the idea of cooking meat in a vacuum-sealed bag in a warm-water bath? That makes less sense that most of your drivel so far.

Why? Why ever?

"Up for some steaks guys? Let me just vac-seal these up and let them sit in a warm bath for a while." Yea, that sounds appetizing. Why you do that to a steak???

I honestly don't get why anyone would do this. Because they suck at cooking? It still seems needlessly complicated. Because they have some weird OCD that they need meat to be at an exact temperature? Because sous-vide sounds all exotic and cooking things in a needlessly complicated manner makes them feel important? Because they hate meat?

That must be it.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 08:48:35 PM
I'm actually at least a tiny bit serious about that suspicion, too. Marcel is a Bainbridge tard, and DECI4 is definitely posting from a fairly ritzy part of Pugetopolis.

And it would make sense that our first "celebrity" poster would be someone like that.

I have a friend on Bainbridge, I should ask him about that guy.

I quoted that friend in quotes the other day, in fact, because what he said completely made my day! However, I'm not going to repeat it here because if DECI4 is from there it would totally out my friend's identity. Not that I think he would give a fuck, but just out of general principle.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 11, 2012, 08:50:21 PM
Well, from what I remember from that "Battle of the Top Chef Stars" episode they did, apparently Marcel has an entourage of sycophants, so... yeah.

What is this Marcel guy's last name? Does he have a restaurant? I've never heard of him but if he's on Bainbridge I am certain my friend has an opinion. He has an opinion about EVERYTHING. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky

Quote from: wikipediaIn 2011, he received his own program on Syfy titled Marcel's Quantum Kitchen,

LOL  wut

Kai

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 11, 2012, 10:18:30 PM
Quote from: wikipediaIn 2011, he received his own program on Syfy titled Marcel's Quantum Kitchen,

LOL  wut

I've heard of this sort of thing before. Molecular gastronomy, or more simply, food chemistry. It requires quite a bit of precision but the stuff that comes out never seems much like, well, FOOD to me.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Phox

http://video.syfy.com/shows/marcelsquantumkitchen/v1319989

I think it might be interesting, if it weren't so gimmicky.  :lulz:

ETA: Apparently, this isn't actually FROM the show itself. But I don't want to sit through a full episode of Marcel right now. :lol:

Freeky

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on January 11, 2012, 10:33:07 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 11, 2012, 10:18:30 PM

LOL  wut

I've heard of this sort of thing before. Molecular gastronomy, or more simply, food chemistry. It requires quite a bit of precision but the stuff that comes out never seems much like, well, FOOD to me.

Does it count as quantum?

And I thougt Food Network had a show ike that, with the guy who isn't Alton Brown from Iron Chef.

Orf somewhere.

Sita

They probably just put quantum in the title so Syfy could have a cooking show and pretend that it fits.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sita on January 11, 2012, 10:46:25 PM
They probably just put quantum in the title so Syfy could have a cooking show and pretend that it fits.

How does that explain wrestling?

Sita

There's wrestling there now? Damn it has been a while since I watched that channel (every time notice it on the guide it's showing some stupid movie)
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Kai

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 11, 2012, 10:33:38 PM
http://video.syfy.com/shows/marcelsquantumkitchen/v1319989

I think it might be interesting, if it weren't so gimmicky.  :lulz:

ETA: Apparently, this isn't actually FROM the show itself. But I don't want to sit through a full episode of Marcel right now. :lol:

This is quantum? Cake in the microwave?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish