News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Coyote's Conundrum

Started by Don Coyote, January 10, 2012, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

So it's been 2 weeks since I officially ended my contracted active duty time in the Army, and many of you know I was planning on doing ROTC and getting commissioned as an officer. But now I find myself going, "um....wait that is a lot of standing around in boots, not moving and pointless attention to details," and not wanting to go sign up for the sophomore level ROTC classes.

I've weighing all the benefits, money, healthcare, I get to play with military grade weapons, but I fucking hate formations.

Nephew Twiddleton

My uncles co apparently gave him the heads up that they were thinking of promoting him to sargeant. He said he didnt want it mainly on the grounds that he didnt want to deal with officers higher up in the chain of command. You might not have the same qualms about that but it is something you might want to consider.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

I don't really think anyone can tell you which is a better option, given that the benefits and drawbacks are based on your own evaluations.

Me, I'd go for it. Who doesn't want to play with military hardware for a living?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 10, 2012, 10:54:30 PM
So it's been 2 weeks since I officially ended my contracted active duty time in the Army, and many of you know I was planning on doing ROTC and getting commissioned as an officer. But now I find myself going, "um....wait that is a lot of standing around in boots, not moving and pointless attention to details," and not wanting to go sign up for the sophomore level ROTC classes.

I've weighing all the benefits, money, healthcare, I get to play with military grade weapons, but I fucking hate formations.

Believe Dirty Old Uncle Roger when he tells you that there are things in the civilian world that you will like a lot less.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also the idea of a discordian moving up in the ranks of the military is intriguing. Can you imagine coyote eventually becoming one of the joint chiefs? A discordian in the pentagon. Coyote you should shoot for five stars ;)

Phox

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 10, 2012, 11:28:47 PM
Also the idea of a discordian moving up in the ranks of the military is intriguing. Can you imagine coyote eventually becoming one of the joint chiefs? A discordian in the pentagon. Coyote you should shoot for five stars ;)
A couple (unlikely) things change in the next couple years, and I'll join the Navy and do the same.... what if we had TWO?  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 10, 2012, 11:33:15 PM
A couple (unlikely) things change in the next couple years, and I'll join the Navy and do the same.... what if we had TWO?  :lulz:

"The Commander" is stationed at the Pentagon, and he apparently is at least an O6.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Maybe i should join the airforce.

Three discordians, and the one who has crippling acrophobia is in charge of all the airplanes.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 11:35:43 PM

"The Commander" is stationed at the Pentagon, and he apparently is at least an O6.
Oh, that's friggin' sweet!  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 10, 2012, 11:37:37 PM

Three discordians, and the one who has crippling acrophobia is in charge of all the airplanes.

Noooooo.   Twid, you would be miserable in the military.

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh i know. I just thought the scenario was funny.

Don Coyote

I doubt I would ever get that far, and if I ended up the General of the Army you would know this universe is just one big practical joke.

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 10, 2012, 11:38:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 11:35:43 PM

Oh, that's friggin' sweet!  :lulz:

wuuuuuuuuuuuuut I think I might have blown something.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 11:39:08 PM

This is probably true.

Phox

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 10, 2012, 11:43:35 PM

I doubt I would ever get that far, and if I ended up the General of the Army you would know this universe is just one big practical joke.
So... probability of success: high.  :lulz:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 10, 2012, 11:45:04 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 10, 2012, 11:43:35 PM

So... probability of success: high.  :lulz:

Also, Eris is a bitch and knows it would ruin my day.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 11:39:08 PM

he didn't say anything about the military, he was talking about the air force.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"