News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OK fuckers, which one of you do I need to slap for this?

Started by East Coast Hustle, January 11, 2012, 09:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: navkat on January 11, 2012, 08:19:29 PM
Does this mean I'll be allowed to do "remixes" wherein I use an 808 cowbell and add hoovers?

Whoever gave you the idea that there's any reason you're not allowed to use more 808 cowbell EVER should be bitchslapped pls?

LET'S GET BRUTAL
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

We should lay autotune over the entire damn thing, while we're at it.

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Triple Zero

The Discordian Society cordially invites you to join us in a jailBREAKBEAT

LMNO

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 11, 2012, 06:35:39 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 06:31:28 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 11, 2012, 06:03:29 PM
weirder: there's a metal band from Albany using the BIP name/logo https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Iron-Prison/154260424619752

Whose artwork is that, anyway? If it belongs to one of us as opposed to being clip art or something I'd be willing to pay an attorney to send an official cease-and-desist letter.

That REALLY pisses me off. Possibly more so than anything else in the history of either PD or Facebook.

I can't definitively comment on the music itself, but.... On a subjective level, it ain't too good.

http://www.reverbnation.com/blackironprison

Well, if nothing else, looks like we got our next trolling safari...  And I can totally participate in this one.

Heh, they are still using Syn's artwork on that page...

Pope Pixie Pickle

hehe i just messaged the Reverbnation guys and said this
QuoteA friend of mine is upset that the Black Iron Prison has stolen his artwork for their logo which is being used on your site. I cannot comment on their page because you have to be a "fan" and I refuse to do this because they suck. The original Black Iron Prison artwork was from an original piece of philosophy writing created by the forums at principiadiscordia.com. Please can you ask them to remove the logo.

East Coast Hustle

He apologized rather profusely to me on FB (I never said it wasn't MY artwork and was happy to let him assume that he was talking to the potential point of origin of legal consequences for copyright infringement) but I haven't checked today to see if he's changed the pic on that page. He also said he had never heard of the BIP pamphlet, which is strange given that he stole Syn's pic.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 13, 2012, 01:47:21 PM
He apologized rather profusely to me on FB (I never said it wasn't MY artwork and was happy to let him assume that he was talking to the potential point of origin of legal consequences for copyright infringement) but I haven't checked today to see if he's changed the pic on that page. He also said he had never heard of the BIP pamphlet, which is strange given that he stole Syn's pic.

Spag prolly did a google image search. anyway this was their reply http://support.reverbnation.com/reverbnation/topics/stolen_artwork_as_logo?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification.

apparently Syn can E-mail them and ask them to remove it.

Chairman Risus

They changed it to Smedley Butler.
Now someone should email them and say that Butler is their grandfather, and insist they change once again.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Risus on January 13, 2012, 05:02:28 PM

They changed it to Smedley Butler.
Now someone should email them and say that Butler is their grandfather, and insist they change once again.

Actually, anything that spreads the word - or even knowledge of - Smedley Butler's existence is okay by me.  If even ONE (1) useless fan googles General Butler, the world will be a better place.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat