News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Worst (Best?) Scientific Presentation Ever.

Started by Kai, January 15, 2012, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2005.05797.x/full

QuoteBut the mere public showing of his erection from the podium was not sufficient. He paused, and seemed to ponder his next move. The sense of drama in the room was palpable. He then said, with gravity, 'I'd like to give some of the audience the opportunity to confirm the degree of tumescence'. With his pants at his knees, he waddled down the stairs, approaching (to their horror) the urologists and their partners in the front row. As he approached them, erection waggling before him, four or five of the women in the front rows threw their arms up in the air, seemingly in unison, and screamed loudly. The scientific merits of the presentation had been overwhelmed, for them, by the novel and unusual mode of demonstrating the results.

:lulz: And you thought professional meetings are quiet, boring affairs.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

navkat

Ha ha. I would have asked if he'd mind passing around the room so we could all touch it.

Don Coyote

Woooooooow.

The man did science to his junk and waved it around to prove it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

PeregrineBF

QuoteThis lecture was unique, dramatic, paradigm-shifting, and unexpected. It is difficult to imagine that a similar scenario could ever take place again.

I think the article's author has some difficulty with the meaning of the phrase "paradigm-shifting".

Cainad (dec.)

This is amazing.

Also, "Urodynamics Society" :lulz:

THE PENIS POLICE

THE DICK DIRECTORS

THE COCK COUNSEL

Cainad,
may need more coffee

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.