News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Fail Wednesday Soup

Started by Freeky, January 16, 2012, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

First, on grocery shopping day, decide to make tripe madrid style and filipino turmeric-scented pork stew.

Get everything over the space of three days, substituting salt pork for pigs' feet and turkey ham for regular ham and leaving the dry white wine out altogether.

Two days later, after having gotten a reliable opinion on the tripe, begin your attempt at making the tripe dish, only without the tripe.  Since is narsty, toss it.  Get chorizo out of fridge, look for salt pork.  Realize it was sitting on the table for two days, hidden in a bag of non refridgerables.  Throw salt pork away.  Well then.  Good thing we still have a pork shoulder for the filipino soup, right? 

Cut open pork shoulder bag, observe that the "juices" have turned into jelly.  Note that it exudes a smell of rancid chicken.  Throw pork shoulder away.  Become angry and frustrated.  Decide to inflict your shitty day on everyone else, culinarily.

Break up and brown chorizo.  Don't mind if it burns a tiny bit, until the smoke is too much.  Season with stuff, throw in a big pot.  Set aside. 

Cube turkey ham, throw in pan with some butter. While it browns, brood.  Chop the onion up into pieces, the sizes varying from 1/2 and inch on a side to three inches on a side.  Slice your finger open.  Fuck it, you don't care anymore.  After the ham is done, throw that in the big pot and throw the onion into the pan with some butter.

Grind up some pink peppercorns and a handful of cloves.  Dump half of that into the big pot, along with a tablespoon or so of turmeric.  Dump a third of a bottle of thai garlic chili paste into the pot.  Dump in a quarter a small bottle of fish sauce (probably 1/4 cup) into the pot as well.  Try not to think about the fact that just about everyone you know who's in a happy, loving, functional relationship met each other when they were younger than you.  Fail at this.  Dump more garlic chili paste into the pot, for a total of two thirds of teh bottle, perhaps six ounces, and also probably ten ounces of rice wine.  Zest four limes, throw that in.

Peel some boiler onions.  Try not to think about your teeth's aching, which is all the way down your neck to your shoulder.  Fail at this.  When the onions that were chopped are finally brown and crunchy, throw them in the big pot.  sautee boiler onions in butter.  Throw them in the big pot.  cover all of this with water.  As an afterthought, add some orange juice.  Too late, realize that with the fish sauce in there, the orange juice may have been a bad idea.  Fuck it, too late now.

Bring to a boil, cover, simmer for one hour.  Taste and find out that because you aren't used to food this spicy, you can't taste it at all, though everyone else will rave about it.

Serve hot or cold, I don't care which, and feel dead inside for days afterward. 

Don Coyote

East Coast Hustle

I am impressed with your perseverance, and not just in regards to the soup.

For what it's worth, it's likely that the reason that everyone you know who is in a happy functional relationship and met when they were younger than you are now is either lying through their teeth (80% likelihood) or because you don't hang out with enough old people. So don't give up. And don't forget that you're awesome and that you're better off waiting for someone who is truly worth your time and attention than settling for the first schmuck with a good line and a nice smile.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Don Coyote

Oh, ya, Freeky, I'm older than you and just now ended up in a good relationship.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 16, 2012, 01:57:47 AM
First, on grocery shopping day, decide to make tripe madrid style and filipino turmeric-scented pork stew.

Get everything over the space of three days, substituting salt pork for pigs' feet and turkey ham for regular ham and leaving the dry white wine out altogether.

Two days later, after having gotten a reliable opinion on the tripe, begin your attempt at making the tripe dish, only without the tripe.  Since is narsty, toss it.  Get chorizo out of fridge, look for salt pork.  Realize it was sitting on the table for two days, hidden in a bag of non refridgerables.  Throw salt pork away.  Well then.  Good thing we still have a pork shoulder for the filipino soup, right? 

Cut open pork shoulder bag, observe that the "juices" have turned into jelly.  Note that it exudes a smell of rancid chicken.  Throw pork shoulder away.  Become angry and frustrated.  Decide to inflict your shitty day on everyone else, culinarily.

Break up and brown chorizo.  Don't mind if it burns a tiny bit, until the smoke is too much.  Season with stuff, throw in a big pot.  Set aside. 

Cube turkey ham, throw in pan with some butter. While it browns, brood.  Chop the onion up into pieces, the sizes varying from 1/2 and inch on a side to three inches on a side.  Slice your finger open.  Fuck it, you don't care anymore.  After the ham is done, throw that in the big pot and throw the onion into the pan with some butter.

Grind up some pink peppercorns and a handful of cloves.  Dump half of that into the big pot, along with a tablespoon or so of turmeric.  Dump a third of a bottle of thai garlic chili paste into the pot.  Dump in a quarter a small bottle of fish sauce (probably 1/4 cup) into the pot as well.  Try not to think about the fact that just about everyone you know who's in a happy, loving, functional relationship met each other when they were younger than you.  Fail at this.  Dump more garlic chili paste into the pot, for a total of two thirds of teh bottle, perhaps six ounces, and also probably ten ounces of rice wine.  Zest four limes, throw that in.

Peel some boiler onions.  Try not to think about your teeth's aching, which is all the way down your neck to your shoulder.  Fail at this.  When the onions that were chopped are finally brown and crunchy, throw them in the big pot.  sautee boiler onions in butter.  Throw them in the big pot.  cover all of this with water.  As an afterthought, add some orange juice.  Too late, realize that with the fish sauce in there, the orange juice may have been a bad idea.  Fuck it, too late now.

Bring to a boil, cover, simmer for one hour.  Taste and find out that because you aren't used to food this spicy, you can't taste it at all, though everyone else will rave about it.

Serve hot or cold, I don't care which, and feel dead inside for days afterward.

Oh, Freekeh.  :lol:

I'd feel like a shit for laughing, except that I think you might be turning into me.

I am not saying that looks good for your long-term relationship prospects, but it's not all bad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 16, 2012, 03:04:18 AM
I am impressed with your perseverance, and not just in regards to the soup.

For what it's worth, it's likely that the reason that everyone you know who is in a happy functional relationship and met when they were younger than you are now is either lying through their teeth (80% likelihood) or because you don't hang out with enough old people. So don't give up. And don't forget that you're awesome and that you're better off waiting for someone who is truly worth your time and attention than settling for the first schmuck with a good line and a nice smile.

Also, this.

Just wait until the first round of divorces hit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on January 16, 2012, 03:31:45 AM

I'd feel like a shit for laughing, except that I think you might be turning into me.

I am not saying that looks good for your long-term relationship prospects, but it's not all bad.

You're supposed to laugh.  I meant the recipe to be like a cooking show gone horribly, horribly wrong.  Read it again, and imagine Sandra Lee presenting this recipe, as is, on her show, without changing her cheerful tone or plaster smile, and I dare you not to laugh your ass off.  It simply can't be done.

Also, I think I might on some level have gotten this kind of idea from you somewhere.  Maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 16, 2012, 03:48:27 AM

You're supposed to laugh.  I meant the recipe to be like a cooking show gone horribly, horribly wrong.  Read it again, and imagine Sandra Lee presenting this recipe, as is, on her show, without changing her cheerful tone or plaster smile, and I dare you not to laugh your ass off.  It simply can't be done.

Also, I think I might on some level have gotten this kind of idea from you somewhere.  Maybe.

Oh, it was hilarious, don't get me wrong! :lol:

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on January 16, 2012, 03:52:41 AM

I gotta say though, this is one cathartic soup.  I suggest if you make it that you have someone to help you pick you up, or a few days to recharge.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 16, 2012, 05:04:08 AM

I gotta say though, this is one cathartic soup.  I suggest if you make it that you have someone to help you pick you up, or a few days to recharge.  :lol:

I think I will hold off for now; I don't need any more catharsis in my life for a while.  :lol:

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on January 16, 2012, 05:18:57 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 16, 2012, 05:04:08 AM

I think I will hold off for now; I don't need any more catharsis in my life for a while.  :lol:

Well when I say it's cathartic, making it is just half.  I didn't feel properly human again until I shared the recipe.

It's good as a family holiday dish, incidentally.

DECI4

You didn't even touch Sandra Dee.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

WHO THE FUCK IS SANDRA DEE?