[Feel free to ignore] unlimited navkat rave/music thread

Started by navkat, January 16, 2012, 08:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2012, 04:15:17 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on January 26, 2012, 02:32:51 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 25, 2012, 07:48:52 PM
You cannot be serious.

I know, I can't say I want to stand behind that...  Happened to my friend, confirmed by a doctor.  There was also a French tekno song from the time entitled "stafilo-coke", however that may corroborate things.  I shit you not. :aaa:

Since when does staph survive on cocaine?

I can believe that the friend had a staph infection, but the idea that the staph came from the coke seems pretty silly. I mean, there's staph everywhere so if you're susceptible for some reason, it's not unlikely that you'll pick it up, and if you're sticking a straw in your nose that someone else just had in their nose, there ya go.

Plus, if the coke was cut with levasimole, your face might rot off either way.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/6705/cocaine-laced-levamisole-may-cause-skin-rot
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 26, 2012, 04:35:32 AM
You cannot be serious.

I know, I can't say I want to stand behind that...  Happened to my friend, confirmed by a doctor.  There was also a French tekno song from the time entitled "stafilo-coke", however that may corroborate things.  I shit you not. :aaa:

I can believe that the friend had a staph infection, but the idea that the staph came from the coke seems pretty silly. I mean, there's staph everywhere so if you're susceptible for some reason, it's not unlikely that you'll pick it up, and if you're sticking a straw in your nose that someone else just had in their nose, there ya go.

Jesus Christ.  People can't even do DRUGS right, anymore.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 26, 2012, 03:59:04 AM
Google search turns up nothing, but it does turn up several cases of people contracting MRSA (the flesh-eating staph bacteria) via sharing coke straws, so if there was an outbreak in France among cocaine users that's probably the source rather than the cutting agent itself, though if it was cut with levamisole, anyone who had a levamisole-caused immune system crash would be incredibly susceptible to MRSA.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2012, 04:36:54 AM
You cannot be serious.

Seriously. It's retarded.

"Hey, we have this highly profitable, highly addictive product that everyone wants. What do?"

"Let's put something in it that will make our customer's body parts rot off!"

"OK!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 26, 2012, 04:44:13 AM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 26, 2012, 03:59:04 AM
Google search turns up nothing, but it does turn up several cases of people contracting MRSA (the flesh-eating staph bacteria) via sharing coke straws, so if there was an outbreak in France among cocaine users that's probably the source rather than the cutting agent itself, though if it was cut with levamisole, anyone who had a levamisole-caused immune system crash would be incredibly susceptible to MRSA.

Yep. I think you nailed it.

navkat

Quote from: Nigel on January 26, 2012, 04:45:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2012, 04:36:54 AM
You cannot be serious.

Seriously. It's retarded.

"Hey, we have this highly profitable, highly addictive product that everyone wants. What do?"

"Let's put something in it that will make our customer's body parts rot off!"

"OK!"

YO, CAN WE GESSOME BETTA BUSINESS BUREAU UP IN HEAH?

AFK

Drugs are just bad news all around when you get right down to it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

...he said, as he sipped his morning cup of coffee.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Seriously, though, haven't you learned your lesson about proselytizing? Especially in someone else's thread FFS.

Faust

Quote from: RWHN on January 26, 2012, 10:37:47 AM

Alcohol when used in moderation? Marijuana when used in moderation?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

East Coast Hustle

he said, as he swallowed two aspirin.

East Coast Hustle

he said, as he solmenly vowed to never allow the lives of himself or his family to be saved or improved by modern medicine.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Faust on January 26, 2012, 11:35:49 AM

Don't bother trying to have a serious and nuanced conversation with him about this. It never works. Just mock him until he shuts up about it and feels properly embarrassed for starting this line of conversation in someone else's thread.

Faust

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 26, 2012, 11:47:20 AM
Quote from: Faust on January 26, 2012, 11:35:49 AM

Don't bother trying to have a serious and nuanced conversation with him about this. It never works. Just mock him until he shuts up about it and feels properly embarrassed for starting this line of conversation in someone else's thread.

I like RWHN, I wouldn't mock him on this. It dismays me to see someone I respect locked into a repeating cycle and wont accept the possibility of alternatives.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

East Coast Hustle

That sort of behavior is hardly respectable, IMO.

And I'm just going to show him the same respect he's showing navkat by posting shit like that ITT when he goddamn knows how it's going to play out.