News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Adventures in Real Life turned to general essay purposes.

Started by Freeky, February 09, 2012, 06:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

Freeky

Quote from: Iptuous on February 10, 2012, 10:45:15 PM
osmosuccesful!
:)

THIS WORD IS SO FULL OF VICTORSCOSITY THAT I AM ADDING IT TO MY DICTIONICON.

Blam.   :lulz:

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 10, 2012, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 10, 2012, 10:38:42 PM
hmmm.  i guess mebbe that's a little different then 'convey a message'...
if i was to guess a value that you hold from the story, i would guess... passion or adventurousness.
whatever the case, if you don't get an A, you have my approval in whipping out the meathamma.

That's what I was really going for.  "Go on adventure!" 

Also it could be "friendship is good", because the others got a lot of spotlight.

I got "ADVENTURE" as well as

sweet merciful fuck what are you doing to English? :eek:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 10, 2012, 10:23:03 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 10, 2012, 05:16:47 PM
Awesome Freeky!

i would respond, if asked what the message is supposed to be, that it is the last line.  is that not what you were going for?

The reader is supposed to absorb what value I hold that I'm telling you about.  Like osmosis or someshit.  Would you say "eating the hell out of that fucking cheeseburger" is a value I hold, based on the text?

Yes, that's what I got out of it; that this is a girl, and her friends, who are EATING THE HELL OUT OF THAT CHEESEBURGER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 10, 2012, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 10, 2012, 10:45:15 PM
osmosuccesful!
:)

THIS WORD IS SO FULL OF VICTORSCOSITY THAT I AM ADDING IT TO MY DICTIONICON.

Blam.   :lulz:

This made me giggle like a lunatic.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Pope Coyote of the Wolffnords on February 10, 2012, 11:30:06 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 10, 2012, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 10, 2012, 10:38:42 PM
hmmm.  i guess mebbe that's a little different then 'convey a message'...
if i was to guess a value that you hold from the story, i would guess... passion or adventurousness.
whatever the case, if you don't get an A, you have my approval in whipping out the meathamma.

That's what I was really going for.  "Go on adventure!" 

Also it could be "friendship is good", because the others got a lot of spotlight.

I got "ADVENTURE" as well as

sweet merciful fuck what are you doing to English? :eek:

I was synergizing awesomosity. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Where the fuck are all the Goddamn bullets?  There was a whole crate in the fucking garage just last fucking month.   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

There's just this little pile left on the racking.  WTF?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All I can do is close my eyes and shake my head.

The Good Reverend Roger

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 11, 2012, 06:56:33 AM
There's just this little pile left on the racking.  WTF?

Um........

It wasn't me.  Yeah.  Totally wasn't me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty

:lulz:

Boys are dumb. I have seen this truth in visions as well as in life.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I liked it.

I just want to state for the record that I am about as intimidating as a drunk, wet rag.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.