News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

name my netbook!

Started by Triple Zero, February 10, 2012, 01:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

heyyy so I just received my new computar, it's pretty sweet[1] and it's installing Windows right now (which they could have done at the fucking factory and instead deliver it to me in a hibernation-mode state so I'd switch it on and 5 sec later I'd have a fully booted thing running) but ANYWAY

Now it wants to know it's name!

My last netbook was called "anice hedgehog" (but in Dutch) based on the licorice candy I was eating on the road to Denmark when I was installing the thing.

When I reinstalled to Linux I had to pick a name again and I chose the very unoriginal "ritz-netbook" (ritz was my username).

In the past I have named both a computer and a harddisk NYARLATHOTEP and they both broke fairly quickly, sometimes under mysterious circumstances, so I won't do that again.

I'm thinking of "SPAGBOX" maybe.

I want as many suggestions as possible! (and quickly because I kinda wanna continue installing)

[1] except for the screen which the LED backlight bleeds a bit on the left side so it's a bit brighter there which is in fact fucking ugly but I guess I'll have to live with it or something
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

"Bitches Don't Know About My Backspace"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

AFK

"The Printer Spool Experiment"

AFK

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Placid Dingo

Boobs.

That's usually my first inclination for a name.

Or;

Ying tong iddle I po

Or;

Computaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh!!!!!

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Triple Zero

Hm I also like the last suggestion :lol:

and RWHN it kind of needs to be one word, though.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

"OHDEARGODWHATISTHATTHINGGETITOFFGETITOFF"

Triple Zero

The Good Reverend Roger

Colossus

(Look up the old movie)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Rrriiight! The computer Colossus, that's old! :lol: Don't think I've ever seen it, but I must have heard about it somewhere.

It's kinda ironic to name a 12,1" netbook ... well unless of course you count that the previous one was a 10,1"-er so relatively this one is a BIG FAT COLOSSUS ;-)

Cramulus

House Party (starring Kid & Play)

House Party 2

House Party 3: Rise of the Machines

Skynet

Ultraturd

Spiggles

Netbock

Netten Ultrabach

Give Cramulus a Cookie

Piter Biter

Penny's Computer Book

Deep Blue

Deep Banana

Derp Blue

Dickbox

Buttpipe Organ

Cock Ring for Birds

Triple Zero

This is the sort of suggestions I need!

I believe some wireless network in the street here is already named SKYNET

I like Spiggles and Derp-Blue ... also kind of like Ultraturd buuuuut you never know where the network name of a computer is going to show up, next time I'm giving a presentation somewhere and there's this helpful balloon popup that says "Buttpipe Organ is now connected" on the beamer.

Maybe a Discordian weekday.

BOOMTIME
SETTING ORANGE
PRICKLE-PRICKLE

I also should just pick something and continue setting up this baby :)

LMNO

I've always liked Setting Orange.