Author Topic: Saudi Arabia vs Iran. FIGHT!  (Read 721 times)

Utmost Roast Beef

• The Crochet Venus of Willendorf
  • Known
  • if only sun worship wasn't so addictive
    • View Profile
Re: Saudi Arabia vs Iran. FIGHT!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 02:26:14 am »
I'm not sure if this is entirely where this ought to go, but if this affects crude oil in the long-term, could that potentially put us back where we were with gas prices at the end of the 00s? Hell knows the last thing we need is anything else contributing to a repeat of the 2008-2010 debacle. I was pretty young for that and I remember how shitty it was.

nullified

• Literal Helminthic Infestation
  • Outlandish
  • CAUTION: Eats all of it. May be spooky. Keep out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 02:35:51 am »
Oh, I’m actually pretty sure that’s the actual intent. They have a knife to the world’s economic throat. They see the downturn, they see the banks doing bad heathen bullshit again, and they know they can put everyone’s fingers in and start turning the screws, no problem.

The message was certainly received that way, check how seriously literally everyone took this. It was one attack in one of the least stable areas on earth and everyone the world over sat up and started paying attention.
“I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.”

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 02:56:21 pm »
I'm not sure if this is entirely where this ought to go, but if this affects crude oil in the long-term, could that potentially put us back where we were with gas prices at the end of the 00s? Hell knows the last thing we need is anything else contributing to a repeat of the 2008-2010 debacle. I was pretty young for that and I remember how shitty it was.

It's possible, however the actual effects would vary widely, depending on the location. The US is doing a LOT of fracking nowadays and while it is still reliant on overseas production to fill in the gaps, those numbers have dropped considerably due to a surge in US crude oil production.

A shooting war in the Straits of Hormuz would more negatively affect India and China, both of whom get significant amounts of their oil from Iran and Iraq specifically. The US "only" gets about 14% of its oil from that region, while still a considerable amount it can afford to look elsewhere to make up the shortfall (and both Canada and Mexico would no doubt be willing...especially if it allowed them to pressure Donald Trump a bit).

Overall prices would spike, definitely...but the $100+ per barrel price may still be a way off.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:58:41 pm by Cain »

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 06:02:12 pm »
https://www.apnews.com/55f68b50763c40eeb25ee19027573d86

Iranian tanker apparently hit by two missiles.
Morrissey is the crown prince of sad.  He teaches us that deaf/mute girls are terrible at telling you that a disaster is occurring, and that when you get famous, all your old friends hate you for buying new tee shirts.  Morrissey fans are best known for hugging their legs and biting their knees in the shower, over a girl that dumped them rather than learn their name, or binge-eating an entire pizza and then throwing it up on their man-boobs in the bath tub, while they squeeze their  testicles until they remember that they are worthless and do not deserve love.