Author Topic: UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?  (Read 81110 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?
« Reply #1290 on: April 06, 2019, 11:12:29 am »
Which may be what she was after, if we believe the "secretly wants a long extension" thing.

But France and Holland sound pretty sick of all this. And May hasnt followed the outlined steps from the EU to secure even the May date yet (as it turned out, her talks with Labour the SNP were a sham. Her idea of compromise is "you compromise, I will not")

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 21, 2019, 04:15:11 pm »
Lord buckethead is running for european parliament, please please unseat farage with him
Narrator: In time you will know the tragic extent of my failings

May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 21, 2019, 05:26:05 pm »
Unfortunately, with the way European elections work, it's not going to happen.  But Lord Buckethead may prove a comic foil to the Farage in the EU Parliament, which is worth something. Maybe.

Fujikoma

• Saikyō cabbage
  • Outlandish
  • Pheremone Octopi of Spiked Intrusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 21, 2019, 08:57:45 pm »
Which may be what she was after, if we believe the "secretly wants a long extension" thing.

... I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.

MMIX

• wiki-stupid bookworm intellectard
  • Deserved It
  • FUNEX? S, VFX. FUNEM? S, VFM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 22, 2019, 10:59:29 am »
you are a very sad person <snirk>
Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don’t fall out of the sky. They don’t pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It’s what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you’re going to get selfish, ignorant leaders.     St George Carlin

Nice one St George: Quote from my MP
“Made a note in my diary....simply says..’Bugger’” #blackadderdoesbrexit

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 03, 2019, 05:32:04 pm »
A landslide for the only party openly campaigning for remaining in the EU in the local elections yesterday has been interpreted by Theresa May...as a message to "get on with it" over Brexit.

While you could argue that that the depressed Tory vote could be a protest from Leavers, especially since the Brexit Party are not running in the election, it's nevertheless the case that all parties openly pursuing Brexit, including Labour and UKIP, were punished at the polls, while the Greens and Lib Dems made massive gains.

Like...that's not a coincidence.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 03, 2019, 05:59:23 pm »
A landslide for the only party openly campaigning for remaining in the EU in the local elections yesterday has been interpreted by Theresa May...as a message to "get on with it" over Brexit.

While you could argue that that the depressed Tory vote could be a protest from Leavers, especially since the Brexit Party are not running in the election, it's nevertheless the case that all parties openly pursuing Brexit, including Labour and UKIP, were punished at the polls, while the Greens and Lib Dems made massive gains.

Like...that's not a coincidence.
It's nice to see the greens get a good few seats also. Though I'm not sure are they the same as here?
I kind of appreciate what she is implying with that "getting on with brexit" could just as easily be "last chance to save brexit". I also hope this has scared the rebels and ERG enough that they understand that a general election will be devastation for them and that regardless of whatever else happens they are now stuck with May until at least december.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 03, 2019, 06:07:04 pm »
They're not exactly the same, but there's an organisation link through the Northern Ireland branch, and both are part of the European Green Party, so they're probably closer than most.

And the ERG never learn. There are new calls for May to step down due to the results.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 16, 2019, 05:27:39 pm »
So May will set out a timeline for her own departure in June, after the (fourth) vote on her dumbass deal, which will not pass.

The 1922 Committe hauled her in today to demand a timeline of when she would depart, because, for the Tories, the leadership is more important than a working Brexit deal.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 16, 2019, 06:59:54 pm »
I am quite looking forward to Boris Johnson or whatever prince who was promised going to the EU and being handed Mays deal, and being told to take the deal or take the hike