News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System

Started by Telarus, February 16, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Cramulus

Let's take a dip into the hypothetical universe for a sec

let's imagine that some some truther was wishing on the right star, and some ace reporter connects ome dots, and all of the public opinion shifts to think that the US gov was complicit in the 9/11 attacks

What then? Aren't all the people who would be responsible already preemptively/retroactively pardoned? 10+ years later, are any of them still in a position of authority? In what ways would it affect our current situation in the quagmire that is the middle east?

Everybody would be disgusted with the US Gov, that's for sure. ((Heh, maybe the truthers are an AQ plot to undermine everybody's trust in the US. What a twist!))

Whenever I'm in one of those "what really happened on 9/11" conversations (as I was, briefly this weekend), that's what I want to know -- if we knew what 'really' happened, what actions would we take? Who would we hold accountable and would anything stick?

I do think the 'official story' is highly fishy, I just don't know what to do with that information.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on September 23, 2013, 05:05:46 PM

let's imagine that some some truther was wishing on the right star, and some ace reporter connects ome dots, and all of the public opinion shifts to think that the US gov was complicit in the 9/11 attacks

What then? Aren't all the people who would be responsible already preemptively/retroactively pardoned? 10+ years later, are any of them still in a position of authority? In what ways would it affect our current situation in the quagmire that is the middle east?

Everybody would be disgusted with the US Gov, that's for sure. ((Heh, maybe the truthers are an AQ plot to undermine everybody's trust in the US. What a twist!))

Whenever I'm in one of those "what really happened on 9/11" conversations (as I was, briefly this weekend), that's what I want to know -- if we knew what 'really' happened, what actions would we take? Who would we hold accountable and would anything stick?

I do think the 'official story' is highly fishy, I just don't know what to do with that information.

Seriously, Cramulus, what do you think would happen?

Nothing.  Nothing at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

tyrannosaurus vex

To me it's important to keep the wider picture in view. Truthers are wrong, because for all their earnest inquisition, they always find that the ultimate act of evil was planned, carried out, or coordinated by some group they already hated before their began their investigation. Bankers, Jews, Democrats, Republicans, Reptilians, Sixth-Dimensional Peacekeepers from the Galactic Star Alliance. The usual suspects. As always, when one's conclusions never differ from one's hypotheses, you can assume they are cheating.

But the rest of America is also wrong. Maybe they are not wrong to believe (in large part) the "Official Story." But they are wrong to believe it is true because the Government said it is true. A conspiracy theory does not have to be true to serve the beneficial purpose of making people doubt what they are told. They do not have to prove anything, all they have to do is not look completely batshit, and plant a reasonable doubt.

I feel much more comfortable among people who are suspicious of authority, even if their suspicions are based on fantasy.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Pergamos

Like the Kennedy assassination, I think people just enjoy knowing that they know more than everyone else.  The real who and why and so forth might matter, but it's pretty clear that we aren't going to get that,  all we are going to get is that the official story is fishy.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 23, 2013, 05:12:42 PM

Seriously, Cramulus, what do you think would happen?

Nothing.  Nothing at all.

Not sure about nothing. For a start you would have a large percentage of the population that would probably justify and support government regardless. Corporations have a lot of bribe money invested in the current structure, so I'd also guess to see huge corporate support and an easily created media blackout regarding any/all negative information. In short, I think it would speed up the future by a considerable degree. There's already empty prisons waiting for those not with them.

Vex,

QuoteI feel much more comfortable among people who are suspicious of authority, even if their suspicions are based on fantasy.

Two words- David Icke. I get where you're coming from, but there is a point where anti-authority just becomes crazy.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/06/20841363-us-will-interrogate-terror-suspect-aboard-warship-in-mediterranean-officials-say?lite

QuoteUnited States interrogators who specialize in so-called high value targets will question a suspected al Qaeda operative aboard an American warship without reading him his rights, U.S. officials told NBC News on Monday.

The suspect, Abu Anas al-Libi, was whisked off the streets of the Libyan capital of Tripoli over the weekend. He will be taken to the United States to stand trial in the 1998 bombings of the American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the officials said.

Al-Libi will be in U.S. military custody for several more days, perhaps a few weeks, a senior administration official told NBC News.

The interrogation will be conducted by a team including representatives of the CIA, the FBI and the military aboard the USS San Antonio, an amphibious helicopter carrier in the Mediterranean Sea, the U.S. officials said.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2013, 07:19:37 PM
I'm sure the US wouldn't, for example, drug up a suspect or use sensory deprivation in order to drive al-Libi made in order to get a confession, only to scramble his mind in the bargain so he cannot report on how MI6 approached him to kill Gaddafi in 1998.

No, certainly not.  I mean, just because KSM admitted, under waterboarding, to planning terrorist attacks against landmarks that didn't exist until a year after he was in custody, and that Abu Zubaydah was tortured into saying he was a member of Al-Qaeda's core leadership, when in fact he never even joined the group, doesn't mean that this time something will go horribly wrong.

I am certain that the interrogation team was chosen for their responsibility and integrity.

Cain

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Telarus

Just something I noticed today..... So "Chicken Nuggets" are all over the news-aggregators today.

Bing and GoogleNews both have headlines like:

Study: Chicken nuggets have surprise ingredients [MSN.com]
The average chicken nuggets is only HALF meat.. and the rest is fat, bone and nerve endings [Daily Mail]
Just what is in that chicken nugget? [Reuters]
Scientists reveal chicken nuggets are less than 50% chicken meat [io9.com]
Report: Chicken nuggets not just "meat" but blood vessels, nerve cells [cbs.news.com]

Let's look at the Fox New article that pulls up along side those:
Despite their reputation, chicken nuggets remain a favorite
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/10/08/chicken-nuggets-remain-favorite/

Now extrapolate that to everything else (the environment, politics, etc).
Now extrapolate that to every other major news outlet.

HA HA HA HA  :horrormirth:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!