News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

THE ADVENTURES OF WAFFLE IRON- A weekly comic strip

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 25, 2012, 07:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Considering how terminally straight I am, I feel like I should not be jealous that you played celery tug of war with Amanda Palmer.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on June 29, 2012, 05:31:24 AM
Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 29, 2012, 05:28:01 AM
Which could be spray cheese or something. I don't know, what's disgusting American food besides just saying American food?

"Supersize"

Heh, I figured you'd say that. Many restaurants have different burgers based on locale. Here in New England at least, we have them named after states. (at the Pour House on Boylston St, a Massachusetts burger is just a plain burger, a Vermont burger is a cheeseburger. Texas burgers usually involve bacon, mushrooms and possibly pepperjack...) But, I've seen places, usually in Europe do it by country. THere's this one place in Dublin, marketed as an American restaurant (whatever that means. We just call them restaurants. Are we talking Denny's, IHOP, The 99, Hojo's, what?). The American burger there was two burgers. Not a double burger, mind you. Two separate ones. My fellow travelers and I were actually mildly offended.

That didn't stop us from ordering though. I mean, shit that's two fucking burgers.

But, while I understand, I mean like not involving portions. This should be easy enough. We basically eat plastic with food dye.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on June 29, 2012, 05:36:18 AM
Considering how terminally straight I am, I feel like I should not be jealous that you played celery tug of war with Amanda Palmer.

I'm totally jealous and not in a sexual way.  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 29, 2012, 05:37:31 AM
Which could be spray cheese or something. I don't know, what's disgusting American food besides just saying American food?

"Supersize"

Heh, I figured you'd say that. Many restaurants have different burgers based on locale. Here in New England at least, we have them named after states. (at the Pour House on Boylston St, a Massachusetts burger is just a plain burger, a Vermont burger is a cheeseburger. Texas burgers usually involve bacon, mushrooms and possibly pepperjack...) But, I've seen places, usually in Europe do it by country. THere's this one place in Dublin, marketed as an American restaurant (whatever that means. We just call them restaurants. Are we talking Denny's, IHOP, The 99, Hojo's, what?). The American burger there was two burgers. Not a double burger, mind you. Two separate ones. My fellow travelers and I were actually mildly offended.

That didn't stop us from ordering though. I mean, shit that's two fucking burgers.

But, while I understand, I mean like not involving portions. This should be easy enough. We basically eat plastic with food dye.

Disgustingly, I now actually want to go to McDonalds. You know when your mind's nose decides to smell something? Yep. Fries.

Anna Mae Bollocks

"Supersize"

No burger in Texas is served with mushrooms unless you DIY at home.
If they MEANT it, they'd use a thick layer of sliced, pickled jalapenos, not those pussy granules in "pepperjack".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 29, 2012, 06:15:19 AM

"Supersize"

If they MEANT it, they'd use a thick layer of sliced, pickled jalapenos, not those pussy granules in "pepperjack".

I must be a secret Texan. Especially given my fondness for putting tabasco and/or ghost pepper sauce into tequila.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 29, 2012, 06:19:17 AM

"Supersize"

I must be a secret Texan. Especially given my fondness for putting tabasco and/or ghost pepper sauce into tequila.

How do you find ghost pepper sauce up there? I couldn't even get jalapenos at Taco Bell in Danvers.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 29, 2012, 06:48:44 AM
Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 29, 2012, 06:19:17 AM

"Supersize"

How do you find ghost pepper sauce up there? I couldn't even get jalapenos at Taco Bell in Danvers.

I'll have to ask Villager, she got it for me knowing my fondness for melting my face. Jalapenos are pretty commonplace up here now. Now I want jalapenos. I don't think I ate enough today. I'm too easily suggestible foodwise. You might not get them in a Taco Bell up here but you can find some decent stuff at some restaurants as well as the grocery store.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also note that Richter makes a drink called Weapon X. I forget exactly what it is but I think it involves soaking 4 ghost peppers in everclear. It's quite good.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 29, 2012, 07:00:33 AM
MMMMMMM BURRRRRRRN  :p

There's a definite breathing technique to drinking it. Otherwise you might go into spastic coughing fits.  :lulz:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

"Supersize"

I was actually just a the Pourhouse Wednesday when I was up in Boston on my date to the MFA. Nom foods there. Typically we invade the place post-convention, but it was post-game busy, so Boylston as a whole was batshit. I'm surprised we got a table.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

EK WAFFLR

I take it back. It seems american food is awesome.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on June 29, 2012, 01:20:26 PM
I was actually just a the Pourhouse Wednesday when I was up in Boston on my date to the MFA. Nom foods there. Typically we invade the place post-convention, but it was post-game busy, so Boylston as a whole was batshit. I'm surprised we got a table.

People still eat at that salmonella factory?