News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

PLS HALP: Flash animation tips and links

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, March 01, 2012, 10:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I know the basics, but if anyone knows of some good resources or suggestions I sure could use them.

I'm placing simple Illustrator files I already made and working from there.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Golden Applesauce

All I got is "carry a gun if you use flash to implement an animated banner" which can be generalized to "don't use flash as a substitute for HTML/CSS/JS".

But I'm guessing that's not your problem.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Triple Zero

I got nothing either. If I happen to speak to my brother, I'll be sure to ask him for basic tools.

What kind of stuff are you looking for anyway? Especially since Adobe bought Flash, don't you just use Adobe CS to make flash anims?

What sort of resources are you looking for then?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Disco Pickle

http://www.flashkit.com/

Flashkit was always a good resource back when I started learning flash.  I haven't used it in a long time so I'm not up on current trends, but I'll give it some more thought and see if I can't dig up some old links to good resources.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 03, 2012, 05:17:43 AM
All I got is "carry a gun if you use flash to implement an animated banner" which can be generalized to "don't use flash as a substitute for HTML/CSS/JS".

But I'm guessing that's not your problem.

Correct.

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 03, 2012, 08:51:26 AM
I got nothing either. If I happen to speak to my brother, I'll be sure to ask him for basic tools.

What kind of stuff are you looking for anyway? Especially since Adobe bought Flash, don't you just use Adobe CS to make flash anims?

What sort of resources are you looking for then?

Anything related to making Flash animations using CS3 with vector Illustrator designs and a soundtrack syncopated to the action. It's not interactive, I'm just using the best tool I have at my disposal. Ideally I would be using After Effects.

It's coming back to me, but any little edge I can get would be cool.

Quote from: Disco Pickle on March 06, 2012, 02:14:32 PM
http://www.flashkit.com/

Flashkit was always a good resource back when I started learning flash.  I haven't used it in a long time so I'm not up on current trends, but I'll give it some more thought and see if I can't dig up some old links to good resources.

Thanks dude!

Current trends might not be very applicable to my situation since I'm using CS3, so your maneuvers and suggestions are probably quite relevant.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A