News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

So there I was...

Started by Random Probability, March 05, 2012, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Probability

wandering the internets, when suddenly I find myself back here once again.

Why am I back?  I keep asking myself that as well.  I think it has to do with having a job that requires very little processor time on the ol' noggin.  Plenty of time to hang out here, it would seem.

I have a tendency to think a lot and without ever saying anything, so I doubt I left much of an impression the last time I showed my face in these parts.  I am reminded of a proverb about wiseguys, fools, and how the two are related to open mouths, however, so perhaps it was for the best.

At any rate, this place looks like it's the same as when I left it.  There are some new faces here, plus the same old faces with shiny new nicks and all their favorite alts.  (waves at alts)  I can't tell who is who, for the most part, but I'm sure I'll figure it out in time.  At least Roger is still Roger.  Not that he could be anybody else (I don't think anybody else would let him, tbh).

btw, I've been wading my way back through the BIP.  I tried once before when y'all were redisassemblifying it but got hit with a massive case of ADD/tl;dr.  Funny thing is, I feel as if I've already read it already.  or something.

And, no, there wasn't any point to this post other than to de-lurkify myself.

navkat

Everyone here is a bunch of mean, jenkem-huffing, know-it-all pricks but you can't stay away because the rest of the internet is a bunch of sociapath, jenkem-producing know-it-all morons.

Welcome to The Worst Forum On The Internet. You're stuck.

At least there's an Olympictm sized, heated swimming pool on the roof.

Random Probability

Quote from: navkat on March 05, 2012, 11:50:47 PM
Everyone here is a bunch of mean, jenkem-huffing, know-it-all pricks but you can't stay away because the rest of the internet is a bunch of sociapath, jenkem-producing know-it-all morons.

Welcome to The Worst Forum On The Internet. You're stuck.

At least there's an Olympictm sized, heated swimming pool on the roof.

Yes, I've noticed.  And I found the pool, btw.  is nice.  Is it true it's heated by TGRR's hate?  That was always my theory, but I could never confirm it.  Obviously it isn't heated by all his hate, since that would vaporize it, but... you get the idea.

Speaking of Our Lord of Warm Fuzzy-ishness, what's this about Roger dying I see a few threads down?  He go off on a tear because of insidious lurkers or something? (again?)

Triple Zero

Hi! I don't really remember you ... "Muffled Phosphor" ? Can't say I recall much about you.

As for alts, there's hardly any, just a few humorous alter egos that post only rarely. No true double identities if that's what you were thinking, we'd know, we got the technology now. The rule is "unfunny alts will be outed" :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Random Probability

Which reminds me, I miss Buddha's Ghost Penis.  Although "Alt Wars" can be fairly lulzy.

Cheers!

Salty

So far I'm about the only alt that gets total free reign, and I'm only moderately funny.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Alty on March 06, 2012, 12:38:19 AM
So far I'm about the only alt that gets total free reign, and I'm only moderately funny.

You're less funny ha-ha than you are funny AAAAAHHH-AHHHHHOFUCKOFUCKOFUCK.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

AFK

Quote from: !rB>C on March 05, 2012, 11:46:56 PM
wandering the internets, when suddenly I find myself back here once again.

Why am I back?  I keep asking myself that as well.  I think it has to do with having a job that requires very little processor time on the ol' noggin.  Plenty of time to hang out here, it would seem.

I have a tendency to think a lot and without ever saying anything, so I doubt I left much of an impression the last time I showed my face in these parts.  I am reminded of a proverb about wiseguys, fools, and how the two are related to open mouths, however, so perhaps it was for the best.

At any rate, this place looks like it's the same as when I left it.  There are some new faces here, plus the same old faces with shiny new nicks and all their favorite alts.  (waves at alts)  I can't tell who is who, for the most part, but I'm sure I'll figure it out in time.  At least Roger is still Roger.  Not that he could be anybody else (I don't think anybody else would let him, tbh).

btw, I've been wading my way back through the BIP.  I tried once before when y'all were redisassemblifying it but got hit with a massive case of ADD/tl;dr.  Funny thing is, I feel as if I've already read it already.  or something.

And, no, there wasn't any point to this post other than to de-lurkify myself.

Hi there!  How was the in-flight movie? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: !rB>C on March 06, 2012, 12:18:20 AM
Which reminds me, I miss Buddha's Ghost Penis.  Although "Alt Wars" can be fairly lulzy.

Cheers!

We all miss BGP.  We think he got stuck in a bottle somewhere, or maybe an elevator, or something else.

Not a lot of alts around anymore.  Rod Stewart pops up every once in a blue moon, there's another dude who likes to share awful poetry, and GIGGLES...but best not to talk too much about him. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Random Probability

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on March 06, 2012, 10:58:45 AM
Quote from: !rB>C on March 06, 2012, 12:18:20 AM

Cheers!

We all miss BGP.  We think he got stuck in a bottle somewhere, or maybe an elevator, or something else.

Not a lot of alts around anymore.  Rod Stewart pops up every once in a blue moon, there's another dude who likes to share awful poetry, and GIGGLES...but best not to talk too much about him. 
ZOMG!  How could I have forgotten about GIGGLES!!!one!!!!

srsly, though, the in-flight movie sucked.  I think it was the one that guy won an academy award for acting like a retard.  I mean, ffs, MILLIONS of people do that every single day!  What's so special about acting like all your neurons aren't wired correctly? (question was rhetorical, I think)

East Coast Hustle

GIGGLES is actually BGP's alt, which makes him a meta-alt.

I do wonder what happened to Fnordi/MGD/BGP/GIGGLES/TTM.

I don't think I've seen him around much if at all since that night Fred and I left him in the hipster bar in Kent, Ohio. But that's probably a coincidence.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I think he gave up after trying to ressurect HIMEOBS, to ill effect.

East Coast Hustle

I think we poured too much cheap beer down his throat and the hipsters did to him what they were afraid to do to me.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on March 07, 2012, 01:39:17 PM
I think we poured too much cheap beer down his throat and the hipsters did to him what they were afraid to do to me.

This theory is quite valid, as well.