Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Started by Freeky, March 11, 2012, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Bond hearing...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/04/20/george-zimmerman-apologizes-to-trayvon-s-family.html

"Oh I blew your kid away but I said I was sorry CAN I HAZ BOND?"  :x

Shouldn't the issue be WHETHER THIS ASSHOLE SHOULD BE WALKING AROUND OR NOT? Oh, and whether he's a flight risk...he tends to drop out of sight.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

If Zimmerman's story is true, I don't think he deserves any jail time.

I am, however, uncomfortable with the lack of witnesses.
Formerly something else...

Cainad (dec.)

Anna Mae Bollocks

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 21, 2012, 10:42:31 PM

If monkeys ride out of my asshole on unicycles, I may have to rethink my religious views.

I am, however, uncomfortable with the idea of repeatability.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2012, 04:06:43 AM

If monkeys ride out of my asshole on unicycles, I may have to rethink my religious views.

Waterboard Zimmerman 2012!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You think that someone should be able to come at you with a gun while you're walking around your own neighborhood, and if you try to defend yourself, they should be able to shoot you, with no consequences?

Can you explain your reasoning?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Because even if Zimmerman's story is true, he was in the wrong.

You're walking down the street talking to your girlfriend on the phone. Some guy starts following you. He gets closer and pulls a gun, telling you to stop.

Now, if this happened to me, I would think, holy shit, I'm about to get abducted and raped and murdered! At that point, my options are to scream and run, or to attack and try to disarm my assailant. He's right on top of me and has a gun, so screaming and running sounds like a poor option.

Pulling a gun on someone is assault. From the moment he pulled that gun, Trayvon was justified in anything he felt was necessary to save his life. If he had been armed, he would have been justified in killing Zimmerman... and you better believe that if he did, he would be in jail right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

That's not his story as I understand it. My understanding is that, according to him, the gun didn't come out until Martin attacked him for simply following him.

If he was brandishing his weapon then yeah, Martin's "attack" was self defense, and Zimmerman is guilty of at least manslaughter.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 22, 2012, 08:31:30 PM
That's not his story as I understand it. My understanding is that, according to him, the gun didn't come out until Martin attacked him for simply following him.

If he was brandishing his weapon then yeah, Martin's "attack" was self defense, and Zimmerman is guilty of at least manslaughter.

There's a lot of "understandings" like that. Here's a bloody head photo that magically materialized just two days ago. http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/new-photo-george-zimmerman%E2%80%99s-bloody-head-complicates-trayvon-martin-shooting-case

I guess there's not much to do in jail but claw your head and get somebody to take a pic*.

But even assuming ANY of this is real, ZIMMERMAN WAS TOLD BY THE POLICE DISPATCHER NOT TO FOLLOW TRAYVON. Which he agreed not to do, and did anyway.

*ETA: I'm sure they don't have their precious with the general population since he wouldn't last two days, so this almost has to be self-inflicted.

Bruno

I'm not convinced he was obligated to follow the dispatcher's instructions. Even if he were, "We don't need you to do that." is not the same as "Do not do that."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 22, 2012, 08:54:35 PM
I'm not convinced he was obligated to follow the dispatcher's instructions. Even if he were, "We don't need you to do that." is not the same as "Do not do that."

While true, it really does not seem to help the case. Despite what he was/was not told by the operator, Zimmerman was armed, followed and shot an unarmed individual. Taking this as the bare facts it is something of a challenge to me to understand how this cannot end in a jail sentence.

When this becomes the full-on trial circus Zimmerman's evidence is (probably) going to be fully scrutinised. He better have a really good story if he wants to save his hide.

It could be argued that at best Zimmerman appeared to be a mugger. Obviously neither of them knew each other and he (Zimmerman) has not appeared to state his role,what he was doing or why he was doing it to the victim.

On a lighter note, that "headwound" is almost certainly bullshit. 
Two small cuts?
Someone slammed his head repeatedly into concrete and he has two small cuts?

I've had more severe head wounds from my fucking couch.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 22, 2012, 11:25:58 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on April 22, 2012, 08:54:35 PM

While true, it really does not seem to help the case. Despite what he was/was not told by the operator, Zimmerman was armed, followed and shot an unarmed individual. Taking this as the bare facts it is something of a challenge to me to understand how this cannot end in a jail sentence.

True.

"Standing your ground" implies that you were minding your own business and somebody came after you, and you did what you had to do. NOT that you pursued THEM.

QuoteWhen this becomes the full-on trial circus Zimmerman's evidence is (probably) going to be fully scrutinised. He better have a really good story if he wants to save his hide.

It could be argued that at best Zimmerman appeared to be a mugger. Obviously neither of them knew each other and he (Zimmerman) has not appeared to state his role,what he was doing or why he was doing it to the victim.

On a lighter note, that "headwound" is almost certainly bullshit. 
Two small cuts?
Someone slammed his head repeatedly into concrete and he has two small cuts?

I've had more severe head wounds from my fucking couch.

And he didn't even start bleeding until two days ago!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 22, 2012, 04:56:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2012, 04:06:43 AM

Waterboard Zimmerman 2012!

How about a jury trial?

Is that too much to ask?

Or should we just let him go?
Molon Lube