News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Polemic #1: The militant apathete movement

Started by Anonymous, November 01, 2004, 04:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So you hate Bush and you hate Kerry.

And you can't decide which of the two fucktards you'd rather vote against.

And the people who say "ah, don't waste your time" seem to make sense.

"If voting changed anything, they wouldn't let us do it.", they say.

And that makes sense, too.

Yes, that's right.  If voting changed things, they'd try to stop you.

And guess what?

THEY ARE TRYING TO STOP YOU.

In several jurisdictions, our butterfly ballots have been replaced with Access databases, and our votes are counted by software whose makers REFUSE to SHOW YOU HOW IT COUNTS THE BALLOTS.  Whose manufacturers say "there will be no fraud because it's illegal".

In several jurisdictions, convicted felons are not permitted to vote against the laws that convicted them.  I presume this is because they're afraid that the axe murderer demographic would use the BALLOT BOX to legalize their hobby instead of THEIR AXES.  And, more importantly, that the SEVENTY MILLION pot smokers might be enough to legalize pot.

Piles of money are poured into presenting Bush and Kerry as a pair of Siamese twins who differ only in cosmetic elements, ostensibly to appeal to the "Swing Voter".

Even Washington's Communist puppets are getting in on the action - an IOC node recently attended a meeting hosted by the "Maoist International Movement" whose goal was expressly to DISCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO IS SICK OF THE DUOPOLISTS FROM VOTING.  From THAT group, there were maybe four words devoted to Ralph Nader and NO admission that any other independant candidate existed.

Now, WHAT is wrong with this picture?

No, it's not the "Hey, why does everyone pretend Badnarik and Cobb don't exist?" thing.  Though I'll admit to noticing it.

It's this: BUSH AND KERRY ARE THE SIDESHOW.  You have mayors, supervisors, congresspeople federal and state, school board directors, assistant adjuntant blowjob commissioners, and various and sundry initiatives, referenda, state-level constitutional wibbles, and the like to attend to.

If you stay home because Kerry and Bush suck, you are *leaving all the other decisions on the ballot* to people who TAKE THE DEMOPUBLICAN RACE SERIOUSLY.  People who think your drugs should be EXPENSIVE and ILLEGAL, your sex should be HETEROSEXUAL, SERIALLY MONOGAMOUS, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, and EXPENSIVE, your computer should be CENSORED and MONITORED, and that Jesus is on THEIR SIDE AGAINST YOU.

Delusion

Posted by Delusion,
who really should log in first, y'know.
It's just not complete without tentacles.

gnimbley

Yes, and since you didn't log in first, I am afraid your vote doesn't count.

:twisted:

psychaotic

Votes have been COUNTING for too long.  No WONDER we're up shit creek without a...um BOAT these days.

Votes need to take upon themselves a higher cognitive function than merely demonstrating a kindergarden-level ability to count things.  One fish two fish purple fish glue fish...but I digress, and ye Gods, Goddesses and Gadzooks, but I sure know how to digress today, at this time especially.

Just wait til your votes start running quirky trigonometric functions and writing discourses on philosophistrianism.  And figuring out how to cook the books of billionaire corporati.  THEN, mon freres, our votes shall be "counting" - so to speak (and write, and do arithmetic, and experience omniplasmic cosmoclimactic magmaphilia) in short, express  the sixty-four squillion forms of LOOOOOVE in the extant universe (dun' get me started on the OTHER universes or we'll be here for nineteen and a half forevers.)

We have already gone past the point of no return.  We have already WON.
~/psychaotic/~

Horab Fibslager

yeah the great experiment is pretty defunct from teh last 20-60 years(it'
s oen of those curvy scale things, guess where the slope starts geting slippery)..

nexgt major form of governemnt will eb corporationism. simply because of the overarchign paradigms the corproation has bought and paid for and adapted and evolved, that are 100000x mreo efficent than anythign not for profit.
Hell is other people.

namu

Absentee ballots circumvent Diebold's riggedy boxes. In many states you have the right to vote with an absentee ballot without having to give justification.

As for all the local politics, that's the ground the libertarians have been gaining for some time now.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

Counter Intelligence

You're a fool if you think a vote changes anything. The passing of a cerimonial position from one skull and bones flunkie to another matters less to me than the previous night's football score. And I hate football.

Both parties fear an educated and free populace, same goes for the greens, the libertarians, and the reform party; not that it even matters what they have to say from the sidelines. The power structure remains intact.

Telling people their vote counts is just another way to keep them docile. Puch a hole in a sheet of paper and forget about your lost job, your non-existant health-care, the rotten cops patrolling your city, forget about it for 4 more years. Both parties campaign for another four years of Amerikan ignorant bliss in front of the TV.

God Bless Amerika. Get out there and prop up a dead system. Be proud.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Counter IntelligenceYou're a fool if you think a vote changes anything. The passing of a cerimonial position from one skull and bones flunkie to another matters less to me than the previous night's football score. And I hate football.

Both parties fear an educated and free populace, same goes for the greens, the libertarians, and the reform party; not that it even matters what they have to say from the sidelines. The power structure remains intact.

Telling people their vote counts is just another way to keep them docile. Puch a hole in a sheet of paper and forget about your lost job, your non-existant health-care, the rotten cops patrolling your city, forget about it for 4 more years. Both parties campaign for another four years of Amerikan ignorant bliss in front of the TV.

Why do you hate football?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Hoshiko

Quote from: Counter IntelligenceYou're a fool if you think a vote changes anything. The passing of a cerimonial position from one skull and bones flunkie to another matters less to me than the previous night's football score. And I hate football.

Hmm, this needs more thought. However, in response to your nihilistic approach and cynicism, what do you suggest we do? I for one refuse to give up the small remaining power I DO have in the direction AmeriCo is heading. The right to vote may be symbolic in these times, but symbolism counts for something in this culture. You might be disgusted by the herd mentality, but why give up any influence (however small) you might have over the herd?

Believe me, if you give up the right to vote, they'll take so much more. Keep in mind the Patriot Act, COINTELPRO, the war in Iraq... All snowballed into something bigger than we thought we were getting ourselves in for. Sure, voting is easy and small, and it shouldn't be the ONLY thing you do to make a change, but it's not worthless.

I know I'm prone to fits of idealism. I'm working on it.
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoshiko

Hmm, this needs more thought. However, in response to your nihilistic approach and cynicism, what do you suggest we do? I for one refuse to give up the small remaining power I DO have in the direction AmeriCo is heading. The right to vote may be symbolic in these times, but symbolism counts for something in this culture. You might be disgusted by the herd mentality, but why give up any influence (however small) you might have over the herd?

Believe me, if you give up the right to vote, they'll take so much more. Keep in mind the Patriot Act, COINTELPRO, the war in Iraq... All snowballed into something bigger than we thought we were getting ourselves in for. Sure, voting is easy and small, and it shouldn't be the ONLY thing you do to make a change, but it's not worthless.

Well, obviously, we need to whine a lot, and look very world-weary and wise while doing so.

Then, we should smoke French cigarettes, and complain about how Borrrring eet all ees!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Hoshiko

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Well, obviously, we need to whine a lot, and look very world-weary and wise while doing so.

Then, we should smoke French cigarettes, and complain about how Borrrring eet all ees!

French? Pah. How pedestrian.  :roll:

Was that elitist enough?
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

French? Pah. How pedestrian.  :roll:

Was that elitist enough?

Well, no.

You didn't mention the agony of existence, or bring up the writings of Camus or Ayn Rand.

gnimbley

Quote from: Counter IntelligenceYou're a fool if you think a vote changes anything.... Telling people their vote counts is just another way to keep them docile. Puch a hole in a sheet of paper and forget about your lost job, your non-existant health-care, the rotten cops patrolling your city, forget about it for 4 more years.

From "The Story of the Amulet," a children's book written in 1906
Quote from: E. Nesbit
And now from the window of a four-wheeled cab the Queen of Babylon beheld the wonders of London. Buckingham Palace she thought uninteresting; Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament little better. But she liked the Tower, and the River, and the ships filled her with wonder and delight.

'But how badly you keep your slaves. How wretched and poor and neglected they seem,' she said, as the cab rattled along the Mile End Road.

'They aren't slaves; they're working-people,' said Jane.

'Of course they're working. That's what slaves are. Don't you tell me. Do you suppose I don't know a slave's face when I see it? Why don't their masters see that they're better fed and better clothed? Tell me in three words.'

No one answered. The wage-system of modern England is a little difficult to explain in three words even if you understand it--which the children didn't.

'You'll have a revolt of your slaves if you're not careful,' said the Queen.

'Oh, no,' said Cyril; 'you see they have votes--that makes them safe not to revolt. It makes all the difference. Father told me so.'

'What is this vote?' asked the Queen. 'Is it a charm? What do they do with it?'

'I don't know,' said the harassed Cyril; 'it's just a vote, that's all! They don't do anything particular with it.'

'I see,' said the Queen; 'a sort of plaything.'

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbley
Quote from: Counter IntelligenceYou're a fool if you think a vote changes anything.... Telling people their vote counts is just another way to keep them docile. Puch a hole in a sheet of paper and forget about your lost job, your non-existant health-care, the rotten cops patrolling your city, forget about it for 4 more years.

From "The Story of the Amulet," a children's book written in 1906
Quote from: E. Nesbit
And now from the window of a four-wheeled cab the Queen of Babylon beheld the wonders of London. Buckingham Palace she thought uninteresting; Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament little better. But she liked the Tower, and the River, and the ships filled her with wonder and delight.

'But how badly you keep your slaves. How wretched and poor and neglected they seem,' she said, as the cab rattled along the Mile End Road.

'They aren't slaves; they're working-people,' said Jane.

'Of course they're working. That's what slaves are. Don't you tell me. Do you suppose I don't know a slave's face when I see it? Why don't their masters see that they're better fed and better clothed? Tell me in three words.'

No one answered. The wage-system of modern England is a little difficult to explain in three words even if you understand it--which the children didn't.

'You'll have a revolt of your slaves if you're not careful,' said the Queen.

'Oh, no,' said Cyril; 'you see they have votes--that makes them safe not to revolt. It makes all the difference. Father told me so.'

'What is this vote?' asked the Queen. 'Is it a charm? What do they do with it?'

'I don't know,' said the harassed Cyril; 'it's just a vote, that's all! They don't do anything particular with it.'

'I see,' said the Queen; 'a sort of plaything.'

Why do yuo hate Babylon?

Counter Intelligence

I have mis-represented myself. My previous post was an outburst without reason. Allow me to clarify. First, on the issue of third parties I have misspoken. As they exist currently they have virtue but that virtue exists only due to their irrelevance. If they ever became viable they would immediatly become part of an election system that is so fundementally flawed that their virtue would vanish under a landslide of corporate money and special interest.

I was not speaking of simply sitting at home and being docile on election day. Voting at the local level can be quite helpful (though it's better to just run for such an office). You can personally affect your schoolboard or other such small things....Senators and Presidents are a diffrent reality. Either party is fair commodity for trade among corporate Amerika. So, cast your vote: Exxon or Starbucks. Either one will simply perpetuate the problem.

As long as current election rules remain intact things will never change and your vote will continue to be meaningless. Finance realitys and the electoral college hold Amerika in a position of perpetual rule by two parties that do not speak for the people. Furthermore, these politicians will never change these rules because they have carved out a nobility for themselves and it is unnatural for those in power to freely submit it. The situation is intollerable. So as to what I would reccomend, I reccomend change by any means neccesary. Blackmail Denny Hastert if thats what it takes to get a bill through the house.

The reality of COINTELPRO is not lost on me by any means. That program most foul is where I take my forum name from. It appears I drew a much diffrent message from it then you. The press went after Nixon for watergate, because he was messing with other rich white men of the American nobility. COINTELPRO was ignored by the media, or given only passing mention. The message here is that the tradional system cannot be disrupted, but those on the outside, the fringe, can be abused and no one will speak up for them in the least.

The fact that COINTELPRO existed is my justification for my beliefs. At the national level, American "democracy" is a multiple choice quiz...but not even a complete one...simply A or B. Choices C, D, and E will be crushed, maginalized and ridiculed. Look at the primarys. I knew so many who were impressed more by Sharpton or Kucinich or even Dean but voted for Kerry because those ones were being honest outside of tradional poltics. Thus, they are not viable options the press tells us. We believe them too.

My point is simply that the mechanisms of the American electoral system are set against the masses. They are rules created and enforced by a nobility of rich, white American familys that groom their children for Senator seats and the presidency from birth. Not even the founding fathers really trusted the masses. They set those mechanisms up to ensure that they and their friends would be running the show for years and years. Your vote at the national level is irrelevant. A win for Bush or Kerry is nothing more then points on some partisan hack's political scoreboard. Maybe one is worse than the other, big deal, nothing really changes unless you change the election law.