News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

ATTN CAIN: Your input desired

Started by Doktor Howl, March 19, 2012, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

I just read Micheal Lewis' Boomerang, in which he covers the world-wide banking failures, etc.  He was also the author of Blindside and The Big Short, which I have not yet read.

How reliable is this guy?
Molon Lube

Cain

He has something for a reputation among financial experts for oversimplifying things to fit the narrative he wants to sell.

Example: http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010/03/debunking-michael-lewis-subprime-short-hagiography.html

He's not terrible, like certain writers on economics, who are definitely in the tank for Wall Street and will deny reality entirely to show just how devoted they are, but he's best read as supplementary to other, more rigorous and methodical sources

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 19, 2012, 03:01:27 PM
He has something for a reputation among financial experts for oversimplifying things to fit the narrative he wants to sell.

Example: http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010/03/debunking-michael-lewis-subprime-short-hagiography.html

He's not terrible, like certain writers on economics, who are definitely in the tank for Wall Street and will deny reality entirely to show just how devoted they are, but he's best read as supplementary to other, more rigorous and methodical sources

Thank you.  Incidentally, if you can get around to it, check out Boomerang.  The reason I was asking you is that he seems inclined to blame everyone, and it is very believable as he presents it.

I shall check out your link when I get home tonight, because the nannywall isn't wild about it.
Molon Lube

Cain

It's got some good reviews on Amazon, too.  A PD recommendation puts it over the edge, so now  I'll have to get it on the Kindle. 

God I love living in the future, where I can legally purchase and read a book in under a minute.