News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

ATTN: Parents

Started by Oysters Rockefeller, March 19, 2012, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oysters Rockefeller

Please come pick your children up from Polk County.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/19/10761802-using-unholy-water-florida-atheists-scrub-away-blessing-from-local-road

I don't even know what to make of this. Is blessing a road stupid? Yes. Does it really do anything? No. So is it anything to get upset about?...As an atheist living in the bible belt, my answer is going to be  ABSOLUTELY NOT.

As ridiculous as that church sounds explaining themselves, HFA sounds worse. Especially here:
Quote"We come in peace," Humanists of Florida (HFA) director Mark Palmer shouted to crowd, according to News 9. "Now that's normally what aliens say when they visit a new planet, but we're not aliens, we're atheists!"

Thoughts?
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Doktor Howl

These people are fucking retarded.
Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 19, 2012, 09:56:35 PM
What.

Well, it's a bunch of atheists showing that they are the rational ones.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

These aethiests sound like wiccans to me.

Freeky

Oysters Rockefeller

To counteract your actions, which we believe did nothing, we will do something which, within our own belief system, also accomplishes nothing!
Ha! Take that! It's still a normal road!
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Golden Applesauce

Well, that's what happens when you let vigilante organizations be responsible for your spiritual defenses.  Polk County should bring in the National Guard or whoever is responsible for this stuff and have them set up the anti-evil wards; then anyone who interferes with them is sabotaging national defense and can be legitimately prosecuted.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 19, 2012, 10:23:34 PM
Well, that's what happens when you let vigilante organizations be responsible for your spiritual defenses.  Polk County should bring in the National Guard or whoever is responsible for this stuff and have them set up the anti-evil wards; then anyone who interferes with them is sabotaging national defense and can be legitimately prosecuted.

This needs to be a thing in the NG.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 19, 2012, 10:26:03 PM

So vote republican.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2012, 10:36:25 PM
Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 19, 2012, 10:26:03 PM

So vote republican.   :lulz:

:lulz:

I am a bad person for finding this amusing aren't I?

Cain

What this situation requires is for Discordians to put aholy water (100% theologically neutral!) on the road.  And the atheists.  And the Christians.  And then laugh at them all, while pointing and whispering to their friends, then laughing some more.

Lenin McCarthy

Wat. Is this some kind of American phenomenon, people take their religion way too seriously even when they have none?