News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

I have a few suggestions.

Started by Lenin McCarthy, March 26, 2012, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

We're not the most active board on the internet anymore, I guess you know that already. So I have a couple of suggestions that perhaps might help us increase our activity and get back to getting stuff done:

I think PD should officially endorse Dr. Ron Paul for U.S. President. I can't really come up with any good reason why we shouldn't. He wants to end the war on drugs, pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, repeal the Patriot Act, yeah, just a lot of things any good Discordian would agree with. The U.S. is in need of a different kind of leader, and Dr. Paul is the right one. He also has a lot of supporters on the internet, and I think it would be awesome if we could point some of them in our direction.

You PDers should seriously do more drugs. They help us gain new perspectives on things, and they also make us feel good. When we gain new perspectives and feel good, we can post loads more on PD about the new ideas we get. Doesn't matter what drug you choose, heck, I tripped on cough syrup a few days ago and it was FUCKING AWESOME. You should try it.

I think one of the main reasons why people are leaving this ship is because they get the impression that we've left Discordianism. I don't see many prayers to Eris, accounts of people having seen the fnords, invitations to Discordian parties where we eat hot dog buns, or anything, really. Sad but true, friends. I'm afraid we've been straying from the true path.

I notice that the Aneristic Illusion forums have been pretty active. Lots of good societal criticism there. But there's one thing I don't get. Why don't we do something about it? Why don't we do something about the cause of all the problems in the world today, namely the government? The government props up the corrupt banks and multinational corporations. The government is corrupt itself. It steals our money, it spends our money on things we don't want, ineffectively at that. The only way out of this is anarchy. That's why I think we should work together to abolish the current violent and corrupt system and replace it with a system of anarchy, freedom and peace. That's a real Discordian thing to do, IMO.

If you decide to follow my advice, I'm certain we will get hundreds of followers, lots of activity, and we'll get to spread shitloads of discord all over the world. Or, we could keep on doing it this way, and Malaclypse the Younger will keep on turning in his grave because of us. Are you with me or against me? Are you a Greyface, or a real Discordian? Take it or leave it.

5 tons of flax,
Lenin

Doktor Howl

The first bullet point set my rage gland off, and now the left side of my neck has swollen out like a Goddamn naval orange.

You'll get yours, Euro-boy.   :argh!:
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

In Norway, Ron Paul is embraced by left wing nuts, right wing nuts, conspiracy theorists, antivax morons and other assorted weirdos (not the good kind).
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Waffle Iron on March 26, 2012, 11:03:35 PM
In Norway, Ron Paul is embraced by left wing nuts, right wing nuts, conspiracy theorists, antivax morons and other assorted weirdos (not the good kind).

In America, it's even worse.  Except without the left wing nuts, though it's really hard to tell the difference between left & right wingers anymore.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 26, 2012, 11:04:35 PM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on March 26, 2012, 11:03:35 PM

In America, it's even worse.  Except without the left wing nuts, though it's really hard to tell the difference between left & right wingers anymore.

The extreme left and the extreme right are basically the same thing in my opinion.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 26, 2012, 10:45:25 PM
We're not the most active board on the internet anymore, I guess you know that already. So I have a couple of suggestions that perhaps might help us increase our activity and get back to getting stuff done:

I think PD should officially endorse Dr. Ron Paul for U.S. President. I can't really come up with any good reason why we shouldn't. He wants to end the war on drugs, pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, repeal the Patriot Act, yeah, just a lot of things any good Discordian would agree with. The U.S. is in need of a different kind of leader, and Dr. Paul is the right one. He also has a lot of supporters on the internet, and I think it would be awesome if we could point some of them in our direction.

That's the cough syrup talking, right?

Quote2.
You PDers should seriously do more drugs. They help us gain new perspectives on things, and they also make us feel good. When we gain new perspectives and feel good, we can post loads more on PD about the new ideas we get. Doesn't matter what drug you choose, heck, I tripped on cough syrup a few days ago and it was FUCKING AWESOME. You should try it.

See #1.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 27, 2012, 04:50:31 AM
This is trolls, yes?  :?

It's hard to tell with Europeans.  They don't have facial expressions, like you and I have.
Molon Lube

movemovemovemove

1. The reason why a discordian might be attracted to the idea of Ron Paul on some level is because at least he would introduce a little goddam change into the system. However I reject the idea that discordians should endorse any political figure. Or any political system. Official endorsements discourages original thought.

2. Drugs are a door to new perceptions in the same way that books are. Or churches. Or internet forums. Some drugs may be more powerful than some books, and some books may be more powerful than the strongest drugs. What I value, and what I think others should value, is the additional perspective on the reality-rorshach that any change in consciousness brings. In that regard, some drugs can be very useful, but no more useful than a baptism or taking a bath. "Feeling good" is subjective, drugs aren't for everyone, etc, etc.

3. There are no "true paths", only paths. Everything ever done is a "prayer to Eris". You can hardly avoid it.

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 26, 2012, 10:45:25 PM
If you decide to follow my advice, I'm certain we will get hundreds of followers, lots of activity, and we'll get to spread shitloads of discord all over the world. Or, we could keep on doing it this way, and Malaclypse the Younger will keep on turning in his grave because of us. Are you with me or against me? Are you a Greyface, or a real Discordian? Take it or leave it.

Are you one side of a mobius strip, or the other?
The thing about discord is that it will spread regardless of anything we do. The number of "followers" is irrelevant (after all, everyone is a pope) and I dunno about you, but I'm just here to play.

Salty

Quote from: movemovemovemove on March 27, 2012, 05:39:54 AM
1. The reason why a discordian might be attracted to the idea of Ron Paul on some level is because at least he would introduce a little goddam change into the system. However I reject the idea that discordians should endorse any political figure. Or any political system. Official endorsements discourages original thought.

:spit:
Oh man, EVERYTIME that gets me.

The shape he takes in your mind, totally unreptilian, benevolent, kindly, not at all a homophobe or a racist. Just a man who loves gold. He's inside you, glowing, growing, EMPOWERING NOT AT ALL HLTERSKELTER/BEYOND THE THUNDERDOME/WEIRD SCIENCE AHHGHH I CAN FEEL THE IDEA OF HIM IN MY BRAIN HE'S IN MY BRAIN.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

movemovemovemove

wat.

Quote from: Alty on March 27, 2012, 05:47:07 AM

Oh man, EVERYTIME that gets me.

The shape he takes in your mind [...]

I never said anything about personally endorsing Ron Paul. The guy's a walnut, and in any case I think he would probably be killed before ever getting close to the white house. (Not that he's ever going to get close in the first place)

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

movemovemovemove

Oh sorry, didn't realize that was a general 'your'.  :)

Lenin McCarthy

I was just trying to put as much cringeworthiness into one post as possible, without being a completely obvious troll.  :p

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 27, 2012, 06:05:58 AM
I was just trying to put as much cringeworthiness into one post as possible, without being a completely obvious troll.  :p

If it's any comfort, I'd really like to see Rick Perry freak out on shrooms.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division