News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

I'M STARTING A NEW "WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?" THREAD

Started by East Coast Hustle, April 09, 2012, 11:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Reginald Ret

Very cool, thanks.

Maybe we should try to dedicate this thread to new/special music instead of just what everyone is listening to?
Broadening horizons.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

East Coast Hustle

I only listen to new special music, so it makes no difference to me. I dig the idea.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Just so it doesn't turn into "I'm listening to the washing machine." Seriously, somebody posted that in a thread like this once. And the same person would comment on the music posts "Oh, I used to listen to them in college" or some such shit, like "IMMA GROWNUP NOW I DON'T DO ANYTHING PLEASURABLE YUO NEED TO GROW UP TOO".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Well yeah but if I we tried to make and enforce rules against stuff like that we'd be depriving ourselves of valuable opportunities to mock idiots.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

But, in the true spirit of the new thread, check out some "Huuto" by Moonsorrow. http://youtu.be/YTMNuKzINDw

2011's Album of the Year, no contest. 

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

navkat

I'm not listening to anything special/new. Special/new snobbery makes you hipsters.

Har har.

East Coast Hustle

I've transcended that. I'm actually too snobby for hipsters.

Phox

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on April 10, 2012, 04:34:35 PM
I have been told this as well. This is because I said something along the lines of the pop charts in 1997 were full of awful crap that I had to endure during the final desolation of my childhood.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on April 09, 2012, 11:09:39 PM
In spite of the inevitable objections, because this song is fucking amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8kvZxpoTs

That is an awesome song. Kinda reminds me of a cross between Modest Mouse and Outkast.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on April 10, 2012, 04:42:57 PM
I have been told this as well. This is because I said something along the lines of the pop charts in 1997 were full of awful crap that I had to endure during the final desolation of my childhood.  :lulz:

In fairness, the pop charts in 1997 were full of awful crap. 

Phox

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on April 10, 2012, 04:55:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on April 10, 2012, 04:42:57 PM

In fairness, the pop charts in 1997 were full of awful crap.
Definitely, but apparently saying that some of those songs that were in the top ten were not even the best on their respective albums makes me some sort of uber-hipster.  :lulz:

But back to the OP, I really dig that sound. I'm not sure I'd say it's Outkast/Modest Mouse, but I can definitely see where you were getting the MM, at least, Nigel.