News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

mexican pre election civil advertisement

Started by The Johnny, April 17, 2012, 07:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-trends&v=mnH7LxqEH84

just ugh, but cant say it does a bad portrayal of present and future of mexican society
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

At first, I thought this might be some kind of terrible "think of the children" style appeal.  Needless to say, I'm pleased to see it was a little more nuanced than that.

Even if that nuance wasn't good nuance.

The Johnny

the spoken part at the end is adressed to the presidential candidates, among the lines that, "this is what is happening in society now, do you want us to live the same way in the future?"

the problem with the message is that it its supposedly aimed at the candidates, but i interpret that the real audience is the general populace, and the real message isnt about wanting change, but more within the lines of a self promoting civil association

so this leads to, why are they promoting themselves? what is their real agenda?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

i went to the site, and this whole thing is sponsored by GNP insurers. its like waving the "better future flag" thu the making of empty gestures that will get them a good public image

they are recording thousands of peoples desires of a future to eventually publish a book that will be given to the candidates... problem is that i see no mention of using qualitative methods or transcriptions or computer programs so as to produce a significant product from all the narratives...

so some random person or publicist will write a book with no real content, and give it to the candidates that will not read it anyhow...

:lol:

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Could be the situation in Mexico is getting unstable enough that the conglomerate owners are getting nervous.  Kidnappings and assassinations and bombings and a corrupt police force are not a good climate in which to do business, after all.