News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, April 18, 2012, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Dick Clark died today. We can't have a new year without him, so looks like we're on schedule for the world ending this December.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 18, 2012, 08:48:49 PM
Dick Clark died today. We can't have a new year without him, so looks like we're on schedule for the world ending this December.

Dick Clark died in 1978.  That thing they trot out every new years is a leftover animatronic prop from the movie The Black Hole.

Must have finally broken.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2012, 08:52:02 PM
Dick Clark died in 1978.  That thing they trot out every new years is a leftover animatronic prop from the movie The Black Hole.

Ah, that's where you're mistaken. Dick Clark's body failed in 1978, but his brain was transplanted into the animatronic body at that point. There was a significant mechanical failure in 2004, and despite several attempts to overhaul the system the hydraulics never worked properly after that point. This morning when they took him out of storage for his monthly fluid flushing, they discovered a leak in the feeding tank for the brain.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 18, 2012, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2012, 08:52:02 PM

Ah, that's where you're mistaken. Dick Clark's body failed in 1978, but his brain was transplanted into the animatronic body at that point. There was a significant mechanical failure in 2004, and despite several attempts to overhaul the system the hydraulics never worked properly after that point. This morning when they took him out of storage for his monthly fluid flushing, they discovered a leak in the feeding tank for the brain.

Wonder what they're gonna do when the Casey Casem Bot goes teats up?
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2012, 08:58:57 PM
Wonder what they're gonna do when the Casey Casem Bot goes teats up?

I wouldn't worry too much about that, the Casey Casem Bot never had any meat bits, they just used a gypsy curse to steal his voice and put it in the robot. I mean, I suppose someone could teach Casey to learn to love those less eloquent than himself, thus breaking the curse, but that doesn't seem too likely.

AFK

Dicky C's heart's known to let the beat.......drop!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I thought they just had Dick Clark on strings, like a marionette.
Technology is amazing.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

CorbeauEtRenard

There's no need to worry.

The Tupac hologram was obviously just a trial run.  :horrormirth:
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)