News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

The cause of Bush's victory, or, the death of the Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 03, 2004, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The division was so sharp, and so even, that there can only be one solution:

The blue states cede from the red.  We get The Northeast, California & Hawaii.  Y'all motherfuckers can have the south & The midwest.

Cf: Mad Dog, Texas in Illuminatus!  That's our gameplan.  Let's get to it.

It's not like they'd want us around, anyway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOThe division was so sharp, and so even, that there can only be one solution:

The blue states cede from the red.  We get The Northeast, California & Hawaii.  Y'all motherfuckers can have the south & The midwest.

Google:  1860-1865

Not gonna happen.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: LMNOThe division was so sharp, and so even, that there can only be one solution:

Not gonna happen.

If the democratic party started to weaken even more, it would be dangerous for the status quo. It would lead to the rise of the third party, or else we'll just live under republican rule for the next eight to ten years, until the youngsters get older and actually go out to the voting booths.

So the neo-cons will probably want to have a weak democratic president sometime in the future, but they'll be slinging rocks and discrediting him the whole time. Maybe not.

Anyway, my prediction is that the democratic party is indeed dead... and the republicans, well they're undead, they're hardly the republicans that we knew in the days of eisenhower. They'll probably want to keep the illusion of the democratic party alive as long as possible, but crippled and unable to effect change.

At least, thats what I seem to think is happening.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Z¬?
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Not gonna happen.

If the democratic party started to weaken even more, it would be dangerous for the status quo. It would lead to the rise of the third party, or else we'll just live under republican rule for the next eight to ten years, until the youngsters get older and actually go out to the voting booths.

So the neo-cons will probably want to have a weak democratic president sometime in the future, but they'll be slinging rocks and discrediting him the whole time. Maybe not.

Anyway, my prediction is that the democratic party is indeed dead... and the republicans, well they're undead, they're hardly the republicans that we knew in the days of eisenhower. They'll probably want to keep the illusion of the democratic party alive as long as possible, but crippled and unable to effect change.

At least, thats what I seem to think is happening.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  They'll find another Jimmy Carter to take the hit when the bills come due, but it won't be like he will have any power.

East Coast Hustle

unfortunately, there's no way in hell they'd let Cali go, or New England (except maybe Maine, but we'd be fucked on our own anyway)...but Washington and Oregon could probably pull it off if there was enough collective resolve, which of course, there never will be.... 8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

We're gonna need a fucking montage to get through the next 4 years.

The hours approaching, just give it your best
You got to reach your prime.
That,Äôs when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
Were going to need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Sure a lot of things happing at once,
With mind, everyone what,Äôs going on (what,Äôs going on?)
And when every shot you show a little improvement
Just Show it or it will take to long
that,Äôs called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You want a montage (montage)
even rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage,Ķmontage)

Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

CannedLizard

Quote from: agent compassionWe're gonna need a fucking montage to get through the next 4 years.

The hours approaching, just give it your best
You got to reach your prime.
That,Äôs when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
Were going to need a montage (montage)

Sure a lot of things happing at once,
With mind, everyone what,Äôs going on (what,Äôs going on?)
And when every shot you show a little improvement
Just Show it or it will take to long
that,Äôs called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You want a montage (montage)
even rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage,Ķmontage)

Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

Just listen to Radiohead for the whole time. Or don't. You'll slit your wrists before the end of year 1.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

agent compassion

Nah I wore out Radiohead in college. Now it's Franz Ferdinand and System of a Down.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

so diverse...and yet, both so excellent! congratulations on having good taste!

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

Thanks!

It's been very cheering to come here and rant and see how other people are doing after this "election" but now I gotta get myself off the compy for a while and get good and drunk like I was planning to do last night. It's good to have local breweries....fresh beer in Mason jars, yay!

Horab Fibslager

lol at "election" in quotes.

no one can complain that this election got stolen. well at least not any mroe stolen than any election since tv got married to politics with richard m nixon's  onvnetion where he got to become ike's runnign mate.
Hell is other people.

B23.77

Bobdammit!  Something's wrong with our genes on a massive planetary scale.  Jesus needs to get laid or something.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

B23.77

Right!  Jessica, not Jesus.  I meant to say Jessica!