News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

The best part about moving

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, April 23, 2012, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Taking a legitimate day off of work to pack. This also requires boxes. You can get free boxes where they sell beer. The spanish word for beer box is apparently caja. I will miss that bodega.

Twid
home alone so i can make loud belches that sound somewhat like a dog barking. Right. Now onto the cds since the books are done.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Elder Iptuous

is for any box.
for example, a take out box for the left overs at the taqueria.
'Necesito un caja, por favor.'

Nephew Twiddleton

Nifty. I guess the beer part was just understood in context since the cahier just shouted to the stock boy "cinco caja por favor." he also held up five fingers for some reason.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 23, 2012, 09:36:06 PM
Nifty. I guess the beer part was just understood in context since the cahier just shouted to the stock boy "cinco caja por favor." he also held up five fingers for some reason.

5 boxes please

Nephew Twiddleton

Right. It what i asked for- 5 beer boxes (i understand a few words of spanish. I watched sesame street as a kid). Im just confused why he had to show how many cinco was to his fellow spanish speaker.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 23, 2012, 09:42:49 PM
Right. It what i asked for- 5 beer boxes (i understand a few words of spanish. I watched sesame street as a kid). Im just confused why he had to show how many cinco was to his fellow spanish speaker.
that actually had nothing to do with the quantity of boxes.  holding up five fingers is a terribly insulting gesture of dominance in the mexican culture.
it is quite possible there was a knife fight in the bodega upon your exit...

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

I think they might be dominican. Does it have the same connotation in dr?

EK WAFFLR

....there's good things about moving?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Im trying to look on the brightside of life waffle iron. Im effectively homeless as of saturday since my back up plans fell through.

Twid
hobo with a job and a po box

EK WAFFLR

Bright side is always a good side to look at, I just hate moving. I love it when I have moved in to a new place. If I could afford it, I'd pay people to do the actual moving for me.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Well i dont mind the actual moving bit. Once i realized i can put all my heavy small shit into multiple beer boxes instead of two large boxes it became easier. I got a storage thingy to move everything into. I also have a girlfriend and two just out of state crash here and there offers and an aunt with a spare bed that ill be contacting tomorrow. So i wont be sleeping in the arboretum. The good thing is is that my roommates friend last night said he has two potential places for me one of which my rent will consist of chauffeur responsibilities.

Cain

Wrong!  There are no best parts about moving.  Moving sucks balls.  All of it.  Even if you're moving somewhere awesome.  I know, because I am moving somewhere awesome, and I'm dreading having to pack all my shit up again in 14 months time, hire a van, throw boxes around the place etc.

Nephew Twiddleton

navkat