News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Two Important Questions

Started by NewSpag, April 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: navkat on April 28, 2012, 01:23:11 AM
When I was in HS on Long Island, kids used the word "sped" as a derrogatory term for retard becaue it was a portmantau of SPecial EDucation. Special ed. Sped.

I kind of always believed "Spag" was a portmantau of that and "Fag."
Sped + Fag = Retarded Fag. Spag.

This is exactly the sort of boobytraps we put into our memes. Spag.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Telarus on April 28, 2012, 06:52:53 AM
When I was in HS on Long Island, kids used the word "sped" as a derrogatory term for retard becaue it was a portmantau of SPecial EDucation. Special ed. Sped.

Ah, sped is a Boston thing too.

Also, I'm drunk on th eporch with my laptop while Villager is sleeping in my room and I gave Mike 20 minutes.

Clove, s'il vous plait. Agus mas
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Twiddlerat0r on April 28, 2012, 07:34:16 AM
Quote from: Telarus on April 28, 2012, 06:52:53 AM

Ah, sped is a Boston thing too.

Also, I'm drunk on th eporch with my laptop while Villager is sleeping in my room and I gave Mike 20 minutes.

Clove, s'il vous plait. Agus mas

Mixin' Irish, Spanish and French.

I don;t know Spanish.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on April 28, 2012, 01:16:14 AM
I just learned from Alton Brown that Spaghetti Bolognaise is referred to in rhyming slang as "spagBol". Any brits back that up?

I'm not a brit, but I've seen that usage before.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WE ARE A BUNCH OF MENTALLY DEFICIENT HOMOSEXUALS

I'LL BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Well, I'm glad I was away, so I could avoid the n00bshitstorm, and settle into the honeymoon period with NewSpag.

Hi, NewSpag.  It's looking like a 76% chance that I'm happy you persevered.

Phox

Turns out that Newspag is an alright d00d.

hirley0

10 eb | no idea y iz here | i will check my diet program | 13:06
no 2 eithor { never mind | i have no concept of this | other than EAt
Moving along anyway | would 2 halves work ? i doubt this 2]

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2012, 09:03:52 PM
Quote from: Telarus on April 28, 2012, 01:16:14 AM
I just learned from Alton Brown that Spaghetti Bolognaise is referred to in rhyming slang as "spagBol". Any brits back that up?

I'm not a brit, but I've seen that usage before.

NewSpag

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 07, 2012, 05:55:19 PM
Well, I'm glad I was away, so I could avoid the n00bshitstorm, and settle into the honeymoon period with NewSpag.

Hi, NewSpag.  It's looking like a 76% chance that I'm happy you persevered.

Yay, acceptance! 
Hi, LMNO.  It's looking like theres a 76% chance I feel validated and therefore happy that I persevered.  I've seen your name around a lot and I'm looking forward to fleshing out my idea of who you are and what you mean.

If you don't mind me asking two questions about your name (I'm going to anyways)

1) There seems to be a lot of neat stuff in your name.  LMNO means which of the following:
a) A backronym designed to contain the letters "LMNO P" in sequence
b) "Leave my name out"
c) None of the above
d) Some combination of all of the above

2) Your title "PhD (life continues) is which of the following
a) A play on the subgenius term "Doktor"
b) A poke at acedemics (e.g. Herp Derp, I'm a PhD.  Life continues)
c) "Life continues" in the context of the alphabetical backronym mentioned in possibility (a) of question (1)  (e.g. Even though the alphabet stops here, life continues)
d) None of the above
e) Some combination of all of the above

I eagerly await your response (if you choose to respond of course).
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Nephew Twiddleton

Lmnos a cool guy. Fellow boston musician and the one pder i see on a semiregular basis.

Doktor Howl

LMNO may be a cool guy, but he has a bit of a temper, and unlike me he is not tolerant of stupid questions.  Not everyone can have the sort of saintly demeanor I have, and he already does his share by saving us all through Big Gay Cowboyism - the ONLY acceptable ism - and cannot be expected to be patient with this sort of assbaggery.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

FWIW, LMNO stands for Like My New Ocelot?  Only the Ocelot isn't new anymore and is in fact dead, killed on the side of the road by a piss jug hurled from a speeding semi.  This is why LMNO hates truckers, and went so far as to kill the old PD member "Mourning Star" and eat him.  Because MS was a trucker, you see.  He had no choice.  What would you have done?
Molon Lube

NewSpag

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2012, 12:10:35 AM
LMNO may be a cool guy, but he has a bit of a temper, and unlike me he is not tolerant of stupid questions.  Not everyone can have the sort of saintly demeanor I have, and he already does his share by saving us all through Big Gay Cowboyism - the ONLY acceptable ism - and cannot be expected to be patient with this sort of assbaggery.
Roger, Roger.
I bask in the love-rays that you send me through my computer screen (Disclaimer: Roger's saintly love rays may cause eyes to leak H2O and NaCl).  And I REALLY don't know LMNO that well.That's why I left this little gem at the bottom:
"I eagerly await your response (if you choose to respond of course)."

That way he can know that if he doesn't have the patience to deal with this sort of assbaggery he doesn't have to because I acknowledge that it is ultimately his choice.  I'll take note of it and avoid being an assbag around him.  Otherwise he will _____________(again up to him, and again I will take note of it)_____________

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2012, 12:17:48 AM
FWIW, LMNO stands for Like My New Ocelot?  Only the Ocelot isn't new anymore and is in fact dead, killed on the side of the road by a piss jug hurled from a speeding semi.  This is why LMNO hates truckers, and went so far as to kill the old PD member "Mourning Star" and eat him.  Because MS was a trucker, you see.  He had no choice.  What would you have done?
Probably the same.  What a horrible way for a New Ocelot to go.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NewSpag on May 11, 2012, 12:26:04 AM
Roger, Roger.
I bask in the love-rays that you send me through my computer screen (Disclaimer: Roger's saintly love rays may cause eyes to leak H2O and NaCl).  And I REALLY don't know LMNO that well.That's why I left this little gem at the bottom:

That way he can know that if he doesn't have the patience to deal with this sort of assbaggery he doesn't have to because I acknowledge that it is ultimately his choice.  I'll take note of it and avoid being an assbag around him.  Otherwise he will _____________(again up to him, and again I will take note of it)_____________

You just don't understand, kid.  LMNO is the last of the gunfighters, and he doesn't think before he reacts.  The bad news is, it's too late, and he'll probably shoot you.  The good news is, he'll look FABULOUS doing so.
Molon Lube

NewSpag

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2012, 12:35:13 AM
Quote from: NewSpag on May 11, 2012, 12:26:04 AM
Roger, Roger.

You just don't understand, kid.  LMNO is the last of the gunfighters, and he doesn't think before he reacts.  The bad news is, it's too late, and he'll probably shoot you.  The good news is, he'll look FABULOUS doing so.
I'm expecting quite a response now, I hope you didn't jack up my hopes for nothing.  That wouldn't be very saintly of you.  If he guns me down, I deserved it.  And I'm sure LMNO always looks FABULOUS.