News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Political forum discussion and planning

Started by Cain, April 26, 2012, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Salty

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 20, 2012, 09:43:04 AM
*proudly lasted longer than 2 of Alty's forums*

Yeah, but that's like saying you could shit in your mouth for longer than I was able to recite a sonnet. Apples and fucked up little oranges.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

It's also the only thing BH has to be "proud" of, in relation to Alty.  As if anyone could be proud of running a forum with idiots like EBS and Oldghost running around the place.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on August 20, 2012, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 20, 2012, 09:43:04 AM
*proudly lasted longer than 2 of Alty's forums*

Yeah, but that's like saying you could shit in your mouth for longer than I was able to recite a sonnet. Apples and fucked up little oranges.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Are you seriously giving up after what, a month? After virtually no recruitment efforts?

OK.  :lol:

I mean, I tried to pimp it around, but you gotta give it time. This is reminding me of all the bead ladies who are like "I put up a website a week ago but nobody's buying my stuff!"

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Three months with no-one bothering to recruit and a steadily declining userbase.  There were no posts at all in the final week.

But thank you for your condescending comment.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2012, 05:37:26 PM
It's also the only thing BH has to be "proud" of, in relation to Alty.  As if anyone could be proud of running a forum with idiots like EBS and Oldghost running around the place.  :lol:

The traffic was about 90% trolling all along anyway.

CC's been around a long time too, and we all went there. Doesn't mean it's good for anything but shitting on.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2012, 11:19:27 PM
Three months with no-one bothering to recruit and a steadily declining userbase.  There were no posts at all in the final week.

But thank you for your condescending comment.

Well, I did post it to several boards. Did anyone else?

It was a good idea, pity it seems to have died.

Cain

I advertisted for it on Facebook.  I'm banned from a large number of political sites and the other sites I'm a member of tend to be non-political and/or have rules against promoting personal sites.

Other people also advertised for it, I believe, but nothing happened.  We had very few non-PD signups.  Of those PD signups, most were infrequent posters.  The number of posts sharply declined from July into August, and then dropped to nothing at all.  And like I said at the start of this, I'm not going to be saddled with a dead website.

Verbal Mike

FWIW, there's this one guy I know who I really wanted to get on board and would have been a great guy to have there, but he's dropped off the face of the earth for months now, apparently still in town but keeping to himself, so I never got a chance.

But yeah, getting a community started generally takes a LOT of time, and/or a LOT of effort, and some luck as well, apparently. If the project's not completely abandonedever revived I'll still pop in once a while.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Salty

I am but a humble human with server space. But I don't think I'll do any more forums. I like PD, and don't need much else in the way of communication with in that way.

I'm thinking of using the place as a AK Tea Party recruitment site or maybe a satirical online newspaper.

The Alaska Daily Disco, perhaps.

Prince Glittersnatch III

I really regret not trying to get more people to come. I guess it kind of feel under the eternal category of "Ill do it later". Still it was a fun project while it lasted, and when people actually posted.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Salty

Despite my earlier sentiment, I am grateful to everyone that did contribute. It was good stuff.

Well still is. I couldn't erase it completely yet, so it's all still around.

The Johnny

would it be much trouble for my "low achievement" thread to be reposted here in AI?

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Salty

Not a problem, I still have all that stuff. Just give me a day or two and I can get on that.