News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Based on the last 20 minutes, I can say with authority...

Started by Doktor Howl, April 27, 2012, 10:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Nigel on May 01, 2012, 11:49:24 PM
Perhaps we're not using the same definition of reason. To make sure we're on the same page, http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/reason%5Bverb%5D?show=0&t=1335912370

I'm 100% sure we aren't.

You (I think): "People have to reason to make any kind of idea."

Me: "People think they are being sooo smart but really they're just dumb and stuff."

So, in that respect we are both right? Now we just have to figure out who is MORE right, and that person obviously gets life-points (a registered trademark of buffalo rock).
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on May 02, 2012, 05:24:25 AM
Perhaps we're not using the same definition of reason. To make sure we're on the same page, http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/reason%5Bverb%5D?show=0&t=1335912370

I'm 100% sure we aren't.

Me: "People think they are being sooo smart but really they're just dumb and stuff."

So, in that respect we are both right? Now we just have to figure out who is MORE right, and that person obviously gets life-points (a registered trademark of buffalo rock).

Please apply science and then talk.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Nigel on May 02, 2012, 06:05:22 AM

I'm 100% sure we aren't.

Not sure what you are getting at, since we are (were?) arguing entirely different points.
----------------------
----------------------

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on May 02, 2012, 08:18:17 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 02, 2012, 06:05:22 AM

I'm 100% sure we aren't.

Not sure what you are getting at, since we are (were?) arguing entirely different points.

I think the point is "let's either get on the same topic (preferably one that can be discussed rationally), or let's stop talking about this."

Oysters Rockefeller

Ah, I see.

Well, from where I'm standing the misunderstanding is fairly obvious (we're using entirely different definitions of the word reason), and I don't disagree with Nigel's premise.

So nuff' said, I guess?

To be honest I'm more interested in how Dok's original story is going than in this weird-ass argument(s).
----------------------
----------------------

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on May 02, 2012, 10:07:04 PM
Ah, I see.

Well, from where I'm standing the misunderstanding is fairly obvious (we're using entirely different definitions of the word reason), and I don't disagree with Nigel's premise.

Which definition are you using?
Molon Lube