News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

A Complaint About PD and all of You People

Started by Doktor Howl, May 09, 2012, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

I am here today to complain about threads in PD.  Specifically, not every thread interests me, and I find this to be very rude on the part of You People.  I feel a compulsion to click every thread with new activity, and the sick feeling I get as I click on threads that don't interest me is sometimes too much to bear.

PD is here for ME.  I expect threads to reflect that fact.  This board had BETTER be all I want it to be, or by God, I'll demand my money back.  I may even write The Times.  You just see if I don't. 

Is it so hard to stop for a second before hitting the post button, and ask yourself "Is this something Doktor Howl would appreciate"?  No.  It isn't.  So if you're talking about music on a technical level, SHUT UP.  If you're talking about science that I didn't learn or have forgotten, SHUT UP.  If you're discussing Robert Anton Wilson or Timothy Leary, for God's sake, SHUT UP.

Lest you forget, I am the main character, and I'll thank all of you extras to remember that. 

Now, to help you with choosing a topic that is suitable for PD (read: me), I have some guidelines that may assist you:

1.  Ideally, the thread should be about me.  If it cannot for some reason be about me, it should be about something I am known to be interested in.

2.  If you cannot for some reason adhere to rule #1, just post in one of my threads instead.  If you do this AND you stay on topic, everything will be just fine. 

3.  If you cannot adhere to rules 1 & 2, then your remaining option is to SHUT UP.

There.  I think that should make it very easy to post on PD, and I expect traffic to go through the ROOF, just as soon as you fuckers get on the stick and remember what's really important:  Me.

Okay for now or kill me,
Doktor Howl
Molon Lube

Faust

This message paid for by Facebook Discordia.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on May 09, 2012, 04:24:05 PM
This message paid for you by Dok's account on Facebook Discordia.

Fixed.

Facebook is full of things that aren't about me.  And that's wrong.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Just playing devils advocate. Personally I like a thread that can act as a personal stories camp. It helps concentrate it all in one place so I can ignore that thread and sell it to advertising research companies.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

If I had my way, we'd rename the place Richard Nixon's Festering Corpse, bring back the rainbow-vomit color scheme, and it would be wall to wall puns.  Puns would be oozing out of the screen and onto your pants. 

I would be happy.

C'mon, make it happen!!!!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on May 09, 2012, 04:26:30 PM
Just playing devils advocate. Personally I like a thread that can act as a personal stories camp. It helps concentrate it all in one place so I can ignore that thread and sell it to advertising research companies.

If a fluff thread turns PD into Facebook, then Zuckerberg owes you royalties.  Just saying.

And come to think of it, I'd rather deal with Facebook for Weirdos than having every user VIEWING THE INDEX OF PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA for days at a time.

This ain't a content sweatshop for people who couldn't cover their book advances and now have to write Romance Novels under the name Rosemary Titsworth. 

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on May 09, 2012, 04:29:07 PM
If I had my way, we'd rename the place Richard Nixon's Festering Corpse,

I am in favor of this.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 09, 2012, 04:30:44 PM

If a fluff thread turns PD into Facebook, then Zuckerberg owes you royalties.  Just saying.

And come to think of it, I'd rather deal with Facebook for Weirdos than having every user VIEWING THE INDEX OF PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA for days at a time.

This ain't a content sweatshop for people who couldn't cover their book advances and now have to write Romance Novels under the name Rosemary Titsworth.

Honestly, I don't check OPen Bar very often one way or the other. I've been largely absent the past week, but that's because I'm crashing at Villager's and checking out apartments. Not that I'm a content driver, but I haven't had the chance to really post anything much, fluff or no.

I am looking forward to getting back to the Waffle Iron comic.

Since I'll be in Providence with the spags on Saturday I might take the opportunity to snap some shots.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

you know it says that for up to 20 minutes after someone logs off right? That thing isn't accurate and hasn't been since we switched from smf 1 to 2.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz:

Also, I'll add a vote in favor of naming the next fluff-ghetto thread Richard Nixon's Festering Corpse.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on May 09, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

you know it says that for up to 20 minutes after someone logs off right? That thing isn't accurate and hasn't been since we switched from smf 1 to 2.

Yeah.  But does it matter if a few of them are AFK?  Half the time, they're moving around, and still just VIEWING.  Having 30 people here doing nothing is the same as having nobody here at all.

But that's not the point.  The point is, if we start dictating - or just pressuring people - what content is or is not worthy, then we're going to have a hell of a lot LESS traffic, and that translates out to me and Enki posting to ourselves.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 09, 2012, 04:36:36 PM

:lulz:

Also, I'll add a vote in favor of naming the next fluff-ghetto thread Richard Nixon's Festering Corpse.

I've been demanding that name for every board I've regged at since 2005.  A few of them even did it.
Molon Lube