News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

As an aside...

Started by Doktor Howl, May 15, 2012, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Michelle Bachmann is taking Swiss citizenship, to evade her tax burden.

BETTER YOU THAN US, YOU GODDAMN CHOCOLATE-HUFFING LAPLANDERS!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

FUCK!

Heard the story wrong.  She's renouncing her Swiss citizenship, which she gained via marriage in 1978.  Because apparently being a dual citizen means you don't love America.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76175.html

Well, that's interesting.  I'm a dual citizen with Canada, and I spent 10 years as an infantryman.  But I don't love America enough.

Fuck you in the heart, Bachmann.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And now it turns out she may have lied about that, and that she only became a Swiss citizen on March 17th of this year, for the above-mentioned tax reasons.

:lulz:

Oh, Michelle...Why couldn't you have won the primary?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

She has now endorsed Romney, and is claiming that she "guided" him into every plank on his platform.

Jesus Christ, I missed her when the media stopped paying attention to her attention-whoring.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, I saw that bit about Switzerland, thought it was odd.  Didnt realize there was a discrepancy in dates though.

Hmmm, this is interesting.  Not saying Bachmann didn't lie, but the media may have dropped the ball on this one.  She's been eligible for Swiss citizenship since 78, but she hasn't exercised that right until this last week, because her children Hate America and want dual citizenship.  It is entirely possible the media got the wrong end of the stick with this, not being up on Swiss citizenship laws and all.

As an aside, dual citizenship is the reason I will never run for public office.  People get really fucking stupid about nationalism, and explaining I wanted two passports to make my travel arrangements easier probably wont go down too well with voters.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2012, 09:32:43 PM
Yeah, I saw that bit about Switzerland, thought it was odd.  Didnt realize there was a discrepancy in dates though.

Hmmm, this is interesting.  Not saying Bachmann didn't lie, but the media may have dropped the ball on this one.  She's been eligible for Swiss citizenship since 78, but she hasn't exercised that right until this last week, because her children Hate America and want dual citizenship.  It is entirely possible the media got the wrong end of the stick with this, not being up on Swiss citizenship laws and all.

As an aside, dual citizenship is the reason I will never run for public office.  People get really fucking stupid about nationalism, and explaining I wanted two passports to make my travel arrangements easier probably wont go down too well with voters.

The army tried multiple times to get me to surrender my Canadian citizenship, with one major going so far as to threaten me with military prison.

Over Canada.

It was afterward explained to him that Canada is one of America's allies, and that having Canadian citizenship was not in fact a violation of the UCMJ.
Molon Lube

Cain

I had similar discussions with both the Foreign Office and certain 3 character alphanumeric agencies about this matter (interestingly, one was violently opposed to having me anywhere near them, whereas the other was more open to the idea, but wanted me to pad out my CV first). 

Prison was never mentioned, fortunately, but what were they afraid of?  That I was going to sell diplomatic secrets to Australia?  Yeah, well, that would certainly be a terrible outcome if Australia were privy to the UK's vast store of secret knowledge.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2012, 09:48:32 PM
I had similar discussions with both the Foreign Office and certain 3 character alphanumeric agencies about this matter (interestingly, one was violently opposed to having me anywhere near them, whereas the other was more open to the idea, but wanted me to pad out my CV first). 

Prison was never mentioned, fortunately, but what were they afraid of?  That I was going to sell diplomatic secrets to Australia?  Yeah, well, that would certainly be a terrible outcome if Australia were privy to the UK's vast store of secret knowledge.

Does anyone seriously believe that the agreement is being followed?  I mean, I can see the USA being that big of a chump, but England?  No fucking way.
Molon Lube

Cain

I expect New Zealand and Canada are regularly cut out of it.  Australia though...well, whenever the US gets Pacific Fever, the Australians get a boatload of guns and money, so I expect a certain amount of intelligence would follow.  Australians also tend to work better in South Asia and Australasia than British personnel too, and MI6 doesn't quite have the budget it used to...Australians take care of SE Asia, Americans take care of South America, Brits take care of the former colonies without functioning governments.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 15, 2012, 09:42:23 PM

The army tried multiple times to get me to surrender my Canadian citizenship, with one major going so far as to threaten me with military prison.

Over Canada.

It was afterward explained to him that Canada is one of America's allies, and that having Canadian citizenship was not in fact a violation of the UCMJ.

That is fucking retarded. I served with a Canadian citizen who was in the Army, the US Army, wait for it, on a green card. The Army is sooooo weird.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The 3 wolf moon is a harsh SHUTUP on May 15, 2012, 09:56:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 15, 2012, 09:42:23 PM

Over Canada.

That is fucking retarded. I served with a Canadian citizen who was in the Army, the US Army, wait for it, on a green card. The Army is sooooo weird.

I had a couple of excitable S2 officers over the years, who never bothered to check with the provost marshall before losing their shit.
Molon Lube

Cain

But what if you decide to restart the War of 1812?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2012, 10:02:36 PM
But what if you decide to restart the War of 1812?

Can't.  Minnesota is an effective buffer between Canada and the potato mines of Iowa.
Molon Lube