News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Friday Sermon

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 08, 2012, 06:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

OH, SON OF A BITCH.

I'm gonna go have a smoke and retype it.  The ONE time I don't use wordpad.  FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

THANKS A LOT, OBAMA!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I do not bemoan the absence of certain members.   Richter's off doing grotesque things with a wood lathe, Payne is working his ass off, not because society says to, but to keep his Pixie happy, Nigel is still here, but not as often...But because she's going back to school to do what she's always wanted to do.

These people didn't leave The Church (as opposed to PD), they broke a big chunk off of it and took it with them.

On the other hand, some left because they got butthurt, or because we didn't measure up to their standards, or because they believe they have somehow shamed themselves.  They have forgotten what Saint Bob of Seger said..."You can come back baby, rock n roll never forgets".

Some left to found their own Churches on Pagan boards or Facebook, which are either entirely new churches in their own right, or cults of personality.  The former is desirable.  The latter is its own hell, as the personality involved inevitably discovers that there is a price to be paid for such assbaggery, and that price comes due somewhere around early middle age.

But the most pitiful, again, are those who left because they felt it was Time To Grow Up, and they have accepted that stone called CONVENTION, and they shall stagger under it for the rest of their days.  Maybe longer...Every view of the afterlife should include the hideous possibility of becoming some pathetic ghost that shambles to the office or the kitchen every day, forever.

As for The Church – and as for PD – it shall go on.  Our numbers shrink and expand with time, as we have seen on numerous occasions.  Some of the above may snap out of their self-inflicted horror, and some won't.  New people will come by, some leaving in a blaze of instant butthurt, and some remaining.  As long as there is Chaos, there will be Discordians.  And as long as there are Discordians, there will be something resembling PD...If only as a place to converse with like-minded reprobates.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Damn. Its getting all sinners in the hand of a conventional world here. Love it. And a good reminder too.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2012, 08:00:50 PM
I do not bemoan the absence of certain members.   Richter's off doing grotesque things with a wood lathe, Payne is working his ass off, not because society says to, but to keep his Pixie happy, Nigel is still here, but not as often...But because she's going back to school to do what she's always wanted to do.

These people didn't leave The Church (as opposed to PD), they broke a big chunk off of it and took it with them.

On the other hand, some left because they got butthurt, or because we didn't measure up to their standards, or because they believe they have somehow shamed themselves.  They have forgotten what Saint Bob of Seger said..."You can come back baby, rock n roll never forgets".

Some left to found their own Churches on Pagan boards or Facebook, which are either entirely new churches in their own right, or cults of personality.  The former is desirable.  The latter is its own hell, as the personality involved inevitably discovers that there is a price to be paid for such assbaggery, and that price comes due somewhere around early middle age.

But the most pitiful, again, are those who left because they felt it was Time To Grow Up, and they have accepted that stone called CONVENTION, and they shall stagger under it for the rest of their days.  Maybe longer...Every view of the afterlife should include the hideous possibility of becoming some pathetic ghost that shambles to the office or the kitchen every day, forever.

As for The Church – and as for PD – it shall go on.  Our numbers shrink and expand with time, as we have seen on numerous occasions.  Some of the above may snap out of their self-inflicted horror, and some won't.  New people will come by, some leaving in a blaze of instant butthurt, and some remaining.  As long as there is Chaos, there will be Discordians.  And as long as there are Discordians, there will be something resembling PD...If only as a place to converse with like-minded reprobates.

That makes Catholic hell look like a cakewalk.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

trippinprincezz13

That's the hard part there. I look around and see so much "Oh noes! I'm mid-to-late 20's! Time for SRS BZNS now!" And I see them being all growed up and...it just looks awful. It's not even that having kids, getting married, getting a "serious career" are necessarily bad in and of themselves. It's the RUSH to it, it's the "this is what I'm SUPPOSED to do when I hit x age" "this is what I HAVE to do". NO MORE TIME FOR FUN! Well only serious, approved fun. Like golf, or getting together at Starbucks to talk about the weather. :headexplodey:

And they almost get ya. I sometimes catch myself thinking I'm SUPPOSED to be doing SOMETHING. But I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm supposed to be doing is enjoying my life however that may be. But, they try to trick you, that's for sure
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 08, 2012, 09:38:11 PM

That's the hard part there. I look around and see so much "Oh noes! I'm mid-to-late 20's! Time for SRS BZNS now!" And I see them being all growed up and...it just looks awful. It's not even that having kids, getting married, getting a "serious career" are necessarily bad in and of themselves. It's the RUSH to it, it's the "this is what I'm SUPPOSED to do when I hit x age" "this is what I HAVE to do". NO MORE TIME FOR FUN! Well only serious, approved fun. Like golf, or getting together at Starbucks to talk about the weather. :headexplodey:

And they almost get ya. I sometimes catch myself thinking I'm SUPPOSED to be doing SOMETHING. But I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm supposed to be doing is enjoying my life however that may be. But, they try to trick you, that's for sure

I don't even see anything wrong with hard work, if it gets you someplace. I can see somebody in a band or something like that working hard. For most people, hard work just gets them fucked. They're on a hamster wheel making enough to pay basic bills (maybe, if they're lucky) and dish up crap food for the kids while somebody else skims off the top and has a bunch of nice cars and vacation homes. They're just going to end up needing a hip replacement because they moved the same way over and over, all day, for years and the company sure isn't going to pay for it.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The scariest thing I've seen is when those daytime talk shows used to do makeovers. People would come out with their own style, some of them looked like morons and some looked pretty good, but they were always booed either way. Then they'd get fixed up like politician's wives with near-identical Hillary hair and pantsuits and everybody cheered like they just raised the flag on Iwo Jima.

That shit used to make the fucking hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2012, 07:44:13 PM
OH, SON OF A BITCH.

I'm gonna go have a smoke and retype it.  The ONE time I don't use wordpad.  FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

THANKS A LOT, OBAMA!

TAYLOR SWIFT: THANKS A LOT, OBAMA!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

THIS IS SOME FUCKING HOLY WRIT RIGHT HERE.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 08, 2012, 09:59:17 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 08, 2012, 09:38:11 PM

I don't even see anything wrong with hard work, if it gets you someplace. I can see somebody in a band or something like that working hard. For most people, hard work just gets them fucked. They're on a hamster wheel making enough to pay basic bills (maybe, if they're lucky) and dish up crap food for the kids while somebody else skims off the top and has a bunch of nice cars and vacation homes. They're just going to end up needing a hip replacement because they moved the same way over and over, all day, for years and the company sure isn't going to pay for it.

Oh, it's not even a matter of hard work. When I'm at work, I'm all "give 110%" and all that (most of the time) and am not really a big fan of people who half-ass it just because it's not Super-Fun-Job "I'm better than this" (well if ya can't manage to match the names on the paper to the names on the file, why would I give you anything more complicated to do). I enjoy my job and I take pride in my work, but I don't define myself by my job and I don't think I should be.

But that seems to be all most people are really focused on. When someone asks what do I do, they don't care that I hiked a mountain this weekend, or that I like to garden, or read or whatever. It's all about the job. Needless to say, when I mention I'm a paralegal, it's the inevitable "Oh, so are you going to school to be a lawyer?" No, I don't think so. "But if you do, you'll make more money!!!!" Yea, but I'm happy with what I do, and don't really think I'd enjoy being a lawyer. "YA BUT...THE MONEY!??!?!" I understand that some people work their fingers to the bone to make ends meet, or work really hard at something because that's what they enjoy, and that's fine. But if I'm making enough to make ends meet, and I enjoy what I do for the most part, then it doesn't make sense to me to do something that will likely only make me miserable, stressed and eat up more of my time (I may work 40hrs/wk, but when I leave work it doesn't follow me home) just so I can make extra slips of green paper.

And I know I kinda strayed from the original focus of this thread, but that's what really gets me. The obsession with money and things and making more money and accumulating more things.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nephew Twiddleton

No i think it makes sense in context of the thread. If you ask a kid what do they do they say what they do for fun. You ask an adult and its the job. What is your function in society. They dont really want to know about you. And its just understood. And the money thing too. My father tried to prod me into becoming a doctor while completely ignoring the fact that blood disgusts me. He wanted me to make a shitload of money which was nice of him. But he wanted me to do it in a high stress job that i wouldnt have enjoyed would burn me out and quite likely cause me to get divorced at some point.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It's weird how people are defined by what they do for money. It makes sense in the context of somebody doing what they love, that they're good at ("He's a musician", "She's an artist") but "He's a cashier"/"She's a street hooker"?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 11, 2012, 04:03:13 PM
It's weird how people are defined by what they do for money. It makes sense in the context of somebody doing what they love, that they're good at ("He's a musician", "She's an artist") but "He's a cashier"/"She's a street hooker"?

I refuse to be pigeon-holed that way.

I am not a maintenance manager, when I'm off the clock.

I'm an asshole.  I am comfortable with this.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2012, 04:05:11 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 11, 2012, 04:03:13 PM

I refuse to be pigeon-holed that way.

I am not a maintenance manager, when I'm off the clock.

I'm an asshole.  I am comfortable with this.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah i dont think of myself as a data coordinator. I mean what the hell does that even mean? Right now my assignment is to hand address envelopes and seal them. No- i think of myself primarily as a musician. Its what i like to do.