News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Unlimited "Stand Your Ground" Thread!

Started by Juana, June 10, 2012, 04:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 11, 2012, 07:10:05 PM
You can shoot cops in Indiana now. Why not just not have unlawful intrusion in the first fucking place?
http://rt.com/usa/news/indiana-shooting-law-state-591/

Uhhhh, well that's pretty fucked, now isn't it.

Cop's at my door...."Unlawful intrusion! Unlawful intrusion!" Then in the end it doesn't matter if it was lawful or not, guy's dead and there you go. Not that the police should be intruding all over the place, but there's a pretty big gap between "life-threatening danger/self-defense" and "unlawful intrusion"
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 11, 2012, 08:34:10 PM
You can shoot cops in Indiana now. Why not just not have unlawful intrusion in the first fucking place?

Uhhhh, well that's pretty fucked, now isn't it.

Cop's at my door...."Unlawful intrusion! Unlawful intrusion!" Then in the end it doesn't matter if it was lawful or not, guy's dead and there you go. Not that the police should be intruding all over the place, but there's a pretty big gap between "life-threatening danger/self-defense" and "unlawful intrusion"

"I wasn't doing anything wrong. They couldn't have had a warrant or probable cause."

"They don't need it."

"OSHI-"
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2012, 07:42:35 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 11, 2012, 03:40:36 PM
The whole interpretation of the "stand your ground" law as meaning that you can accost someone with a gun and if they try to protect themselves, or even simply fail to flee, you have a right to shoot them without consequences, really really needs to be addressed. Whatever they're teaching in their gun licensing classes is clearly very flawed.

If you leave your property with a gun and approach someone with it, it seems pretty cut and dried that they are reasonable in feeling threatened and in responding as such. if you then use that gun on them, it's not self-defense. If I pull a knife on you, will you feel threatened? If I then stab you, is it self-defense, when I'm the one who initiated the threat of violence? Certainly not. How these people think it could be is beyond me.

I can't see the video from this comp, but my impression of the "stand your ground" laws is that it's okay to shoot Brown people.  Brown people may NOT use that law, because there are endangerment laws that contradict the stand your ground law, and THOSE will be employed.

So:

Black woman with a gun:  Endangerment.

White man with a gun:  Stand Your Ground.

Brown man shoots brown man:  Who had more money?

You seem to have a pretty firm understanding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, look at that. Backlash against the police state.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 08:44:01 AM

Oh, look at that. Backlash against the police state.

Of course.
Surprising when it gets legislated though.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

From Gawker: Man Who Used 'Stand Your Ground' Law to Defend Shooting Neighbor Over Loud Music Found Guilty of Murder
QuoteA Texas jury rejected a retired firefighter's claim that the state's stand-your-ground law gave him the right to shoot and kill an unarmed neighbor for allegedly playing loud music during a party.

Raul Rodriguez's defense attorney argued that his client is protected by the so-called Castle Doctrine because the altercation that resulted in the shooting death of 36-year-old elementary school teacher Kelly Danaher took place in the street.

"He had a right to be (in) the street," said Neal Davis. "He was not provoking anybody. He was not engaged in any criminal activity. The (stand-your-ground) law is not only for home invasions. That's why the law was changed."

Indeed, the Texas version of the controversial law allows for the use of deadly force in self-defense outside the home, but cannot be used as a shield if the person using force provoked the attack.

Prosecutors Kelli Johnson and Donna Logan maintained that Rodriguez was the aggressor when he armed himself with a gun and a camera and headed over to Danaher's home to complain about the noise.

In the footage he recorded, Rodriguez is heard telling a police dispatcher his life was in danger, but Johnson said it was Rodriguez who "lured" Danaher and two others onto the street "and threatened them by brandishing his gun."

"Raul Rodriguez is a neighborhood bully who had a CHL, an arsenal of weapons and a knowledge of the law," said Logan. "He felt he had the ultimate control, the control to decide who lives and who dies."

The jury sided with the prosecutors and voted to convict Rodriguez of murder. Sentencing will take place following additional testimony.

Houston criminal defense attorney Grant Scheiner said the Castle Doctrine might be clarified as a result of this trial — particularly "what it means to provoke someone" — but no major changes to the law should be expected.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."