News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Unlimited "Stand Your Ground" Thread!

Started by Juana, June 10, 2012, 04:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

'Cause I doubt the laws are going away anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hzt1saKsY

FFS. I'm pretty sure this was a flat out murder. The neighbors never got close and at least one of 'em (the visible one, who's the dude who died, I think) had his hands up.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 10, 2012, 04:51:44 AM

FFS. I'm pretty sure this was a flat out murder. The neighbors never got close and at least one of 'em (the visible one, who's the dude who died, I think) had his hands up.

My impression is that Rodriguez thought that saying the magic words "I fear for my life, I will defend myself" would cover his ass and allow him to get away with shooting people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

This is all making me wonder how many people are walking around wishing they could legally kill some random person.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 10, 2012, 07:25:45 PM
This is all making me wonder how many people are walking around wishing they could legally kill some random person.  :x

When my friend took her concealed carry class, she said that basically all the guys in the class wanted to know when they could shoot someone. Seriously.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 10, 2012, 07:26:36 PM

When my friend took her concealed carry class, she said that basically all the guys in the class wanted to know when they could shoot someone. Seriously.

Note to self: Avoid guys who have done a concealed carry class.  :x :x :x :x :x

Don Coyote

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 10, 2012, 07:31:33 PM

Note to self: Avoid AMB :lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Guru Quixote on June 10, 2012, 08:02:32 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 10, 2012, 07:31:33 PM

Note to self: Avoid AMB :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Juana

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 10, 2012, 07:13:31 PM

My impression is that Rodriguez thought that saying the magic words "I fear for my life, I will defend myself" would cover his ass and allow him to get away with shooting people.
Ditto. Especially since the (visible) dude had his hands up in the air for most of the video (iirc, anyway).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Bruno

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 10, 2012, 07:13:31 PM

It's just like that episode of South Park.

http://lockerz.com/d/6171661
Formerly something else...

Luna

Trying to tell what happened at the very end of the video...  It's possible that some of the guys got sick of having a gun waved in their faces and tackled the idiot.  He may argue that, because they lay hands on him, first, he was defending himself... nevermind that THEY were defending themselves from a gun-wielding moron.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The whole interpretation of the "stand your ground" law as meaning that you can accost someone with a gun and if they try to protect themselves, or even simply fail to flee, you have a right to shoot them without consequences, really really needs to be addressed. Whatever they're teaching in their gun licensing classes is clearly very flawed.

If you leave your property with a gun and approach someone with it, it seems pretty cut and dried that they are reasonable in feeling threatened and in responding as such. if you then use that gun on them, it's not self-defense. If I pull a knife on you, will you feel threatened? If I then stab you, is it self-defense, when I'm the one who initiated the threat of violence? Certainly not. How these people think it could be is beyond me.

Anna Mae Bollocks

You can shoot cops in Indiana now. Why not just not have unlawful intrusion in the first fucking place?
http://rt.com/usa/news/indiana-shooting-law-state-591/

Luna

Totally agreed, Nigel.

My mom lives in Indiana.  I had her boyfriend attempt to defend that law to me.  Points for keeping my temper.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 11, 2012, 03:40:36 PM
The whole interpretation of the "stand your ground" law as meaning that you can accost someone with a gun and if they try to protect themselves, or even simply fail to flee, you have a right to shoot them without consequences, really really needs to be addressed. Whatever they're teaching in their gun licensing classes is clearly very flawed.

If you leave your property with a gun and approach someone with it, it seems pretty cut and dried that they are reasonable in feeling threatened and in responding as such. if you then use that gun on them, it's not self-defense. If I pull a knife on you, will you feel threatened? If I then stab you, is it self-defense, when I'm the one who initiated the threat of violence? Certainly not. How these people think it could be is beyond me.

I can't see the video from this comp, but my impression of the "stand your ground" laws is that it's okay to shoot Brown people.  Brown people may NOT use that law, because there are endangerment laws that contradict the stand your ground law, and THOSE will be employed.

So:

Black woman with a gun:  Endangerment.

White man with a gun:  Stand Your Ground.

Brown man shoots brown man:  Who had more money?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.