News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Aussie Lawyer trapped in Libya

Started by Placid Dingo, June 13, 2012, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Ms Taylor and three other International Criminal Court (ICC) envoys have been placed in "preventive detention" in Zintan for 45 days as Libya investigates allege threats to its national security.

The four-member legal team for Muammar Gaddafi's son, Seif al-Islam, has been held since Thursday in the western town after Ms Taylor was found carrying documents for Seif that were considered a "threat to national security".

Earlier on Wednesday, Foreign Minister Bob Carr said the Australian lawyer was in good spirits despite the fact she was facing a lengthy prison spell.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/parents-call-on-libya-to-release-lawyer/story-e6frfku0-1226394653522#ixzz1xfOk0ifY

Thoughts? Is it likely that she's being used to meet other goals by Western nations? Or is she basically being kicked around becasue she's representing Gaddafi's son ?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Deepthroat Chopra

Jingoistic Australian media only reports incidents with an "Aussie" angle! No details on the other three detained.

Looks like a case of International Law Vs Libyan revenge on their recently past tyrants.Hard to tell without actual details of what was in the docs.

Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

Placid Dingo

Your take on it below was my suspicion. I hadnt heard of any others there but I've been working not really keeping much of an eye on news.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Deepthroat Chopra

RN interviewed the Libyan ICC diplomat this morning. He's trying to get her free, but said she made a few mistakes -

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2012/s3525600.htm

MICHAEL VINCENT: Melinda Taylor has been accused of breaching Libya's national security, of carrying a spy camera and trying to pass on coded documents to her client Saif Gaddafi.

Dr Ahmed El Jehani says he is on her side but he says Miss Taylor has made "mistakes", like being found with at least one letter hidden on her back.

AHMED EL JEHANI: She was searched personally by a policewoman. The policewoman get another letter from her back on her body, okay.

The problem, I was there, I tried to solve the problem but really Melinda rejected and refused to cooperate at (inaudible).
-------------------------------------------------------
They want to know the whereabouts of the author of the documents - Saif Gaddafi's former confidant Mohamed Ismail - a man who's still on the run.

Dr El Jehani says it is wrong for Libyan authorities to attempt to get the information from her in this way.

AHMED EL JEHANI: It is not a good question, the right question to ask her where is Mohamed Saif. Now it is not legal and not accepted or acceptable legally. It is a political act from Libyan government and she hasn't to reply even if she knows where he is.

MICHAEL VINCENT: She may not have to reply but Dr El Jehani says the Australian should admit she should not have brought the documents to Saif Gaddafi.

AHMED EL JEHANI: It is a mistake and she has to confess just that she committed a mistake because all these (inaudible) thing but then relate to the case. That's the problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------

International Law at odds with Libyan post-revolutionary justice.
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector