News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

IT'S A GIRL THING

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 23, 2012, 04:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

They didn't actually show a gal doing anything sciencey, besides the one doing math on glass. If they had actually showed some fabulous ladies in lab coats or at a microscope or whatever, instead of useless posing like it was a fashion ad, I would have minded all of this a bit less.
Although the "makeup makes a woman" thing and the patronizing tone would still bother the fuck out of me.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 26, 2012, 12:41:12 AM
They didn't actually show a gal doing anything sciencey, besides the one doing math on glass. If they had actually showed some fabulous ladies in lab coats or at a microscope or whatever, instead of useless posing like it was a fashion ad, I would have minded all of this a bit less.
Although the "makeup makes a woman" thing and the patronizing tone would still bother the fuck out of me.

Yeah. There was kind of a subtext of "not hot enough need not apply", too.

For SCIENCE. wtf.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 23, 2012, 04:24:57 PM
ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING SHITTING ME? FUCK OFF, EU. STICK THAT LIPSTICK UP YOUR ASS, IT'S MORE USE TO US THERE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g032MPrSjFA&feature=player_embedded

That's awesomehorrific.  Way to utterly trivialize women in science.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on June 26, 2012, 01:08:39 AM
ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING SHITTING ME? FUCK OFF, EU. STICK THAT LIPSTICK UP YOUR ASS, IT'S MORE USE TO US THERE.

Yeah, kind of spectacularly.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 17, 2012, 06:49:04 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on June 26, 2012, 01:08:39 AM

Yeah, kind of spectacularly.  :horrormirth:

Needs TOWANDA(TM)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division