News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

GOP slaps dems around, cites Holder, democrats deliver empty gesture in response

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 28, 2012, 10:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/28/12462074-house-votes-to-cite-holder-for-contempt?lite

QuoteUpdated 5:01 p.m. - Republicans in the House voted Thursday to cite Attorney General Eric Holder for contempt of Congress in a politically-charged vote stemming from an investigation into alleged gun-running by the U.S. government.

The House voted 255-67, with one member voting "present," to cite Holder for criminal contempt. Most Democrats, led by the Congressional Black Caucus, abstained from the vote and staged a walk-out. But 17 conservative moderate and Democrats voted in favor of the resolution; two Republicans broke ranks to oppose it.

THAT'LL TEACH 'EM!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Knocking off work early- how your congressman gets shit done.

Im convinced that politicians are high schoolers with high paying part time jobs.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 28, 2012, 10:26:22 PM
Knocking off work early- how your congressman gets shit done.

Im convinced that politicians are high schoolers with high paying part time jobs.

I'm convinced that the democratic party is that fat kid in high school that gets his ass kicked every day, and never lifts a finger to defend himself...Telling himself that pacifism is the "moral" thing to do, when in fact, he just helplessly gets his ass kicked.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 28, 2012, 10:29:32 PM
Sounds about right. The party is useless.

Yep.  There won't be an iota of retaliation for this.  Hell, 17 democrats voted in FAVOR of it.

Between this and Obama's refusal to even CONSIDER prosecuting people for torture (they were only "following orders", if you recall), Obama gets the coveted Mike Dukakis Award For Being A Great Big Pussy.

Nephew Twiddleton

:spittake:

side note dukakis can apparently be seen wandering boston picking up litter from time to time. Ive heard this from a few different people. Its an interesting passtime for a former governor.

AFK

Most of my co-workers are registered Democrats.  When we were riding to the capital yesterday I took the opportunity to educate them on the error of their ways citing shit exactly like what TGRR posted.  They are completely worthless and only serve to make things worse.  It is precisely because of the stupid Democrats that I have to suffer Governor AssFace in my Blaine House.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

But the Democratic Party does exactly what they say they will do: nothing. They're a Centrist party, not a "Liberal" one. Just because they're the closest thing we have to a liberal party doesn't mean it's their fault when they fail to live up to liberals' hopes. It's still the fault of the Actual Left for not forming and promoting an Actual Leftist Party.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 28, 2012, 10:36:53 PM
side note dukakis can apparently be seen wandering boston picking up litter from time to time. Ive heard this from a few different people. Its an interesting passtime for a former governor.

What kind of litter? Cans? Is Do-caca a wino now?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

No just any old litter. I think while he was running umb. Which makes him one of the "strange people you run into"- one of the background characters you find in any city along with the late mr butch and the guy who thinks his cane is a sniper rifle.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 28, 2012, 11:09:00 PM
No just any old litter. I think while he was running umb. Which makes him one of the "strange people you run into"- one of the background characters you find in any city along with the late mr butch and the guy who thinks his cane is a sniper rifle.

See? Social mobility is still alive and well in America.

Nephew Twiddleton

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: v3x on June 28, 2012, 11:10:39 PM

Yes. We have LOTS of social mobility.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 28, 2012, 11:18:44 PM

See what happens when you elect a Democrat? Sheesh. Some people will never learn.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: v3x on June 28, 2012, 11:22:10 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 28, 2012, 11:18:44 PM

See what happens when you elect a Democrat? Sheesh. Some people will never learn.

DAMN YUO, OBAMA!