News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

UNLIMITED I HAVE ONE OF THESE AND YOU DON'T THREAD

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, June 29, 2012, 07:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Not too shabby!

Im going to go ahead and say model currach that once belonged to my dad but thats not that cool.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 29, 2012, 07:50:29 PM
Not too shabby!

Im going to go ahead and say model currach that once belonged to my dad but thats not that cool.

For Truth-in-Advertising reasons, I should explain that the picture posted may not represent the Actual Model in my possession, since I haven't got a decent picture of mine yet, but found this passingly similar one on Google.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

I cant see pics on my phone anyway but i certainly dont have a resonator and that is pretty cool anyway.

AFK

I've always wanted one of those.  Almost got one once, picked up a couple of Danelectros instead.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

That looks fucking Jean-Michel Jarre Eighties Futuristic Laser Harp fucking awesome.

What's it do?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 30, 2012, 12:27:53 AM
That looks fucking Jean-Michel Jarre Eighties Futuristic Laser Harp fucking awesome.

What's it do?

Wikipedia:

QuoteA resonator guitar or resophonic guitar is an acoustic guitar whose sound is produced by one or more spun metal cones (resonators) instead of the wooden sound board (guitar top/face). Resonator guitars were originally designed to be louder than regular acoustic guitars, which were overwhelmed by horns and percussion instruments in dance orchestras. They became prized for their distinctive sound, however, and found life with several musical styles (most notably bluegrass and also blues) well after electric amplification solved the issue of inadequate guitar sound levels.

They were developed before, if not around the same time, as electronic amplification. My guitar evolution is a bit rusty.

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually the evolution of guitar is pretty interesting.

At the Museum of Fine Arts they had an exhibit of various guitars. I was in heaven. They even had the "balliset" from 1984 Dune which was basically just a really weird electric guitar. They also had that guy from Cheap Trick's 5 neck guitar on loan and the oldest surviving guitar, which was made, if I recall, in the 1400s.

That was many years ago, but a very fond memory.

AFK

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 30, 2012, 12:45:44 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on June 30, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

What's it do?

Wikipedia:

QuoteA resonator guitar or resophonic guitar is an acoustic guitar whose sound is produced by one or more spun metal cones (resonators) instead of the wooden sound board (guitar top/face). Resonator guitars were originally designed to be louder than regular acoustic guitars, which were overwhelmed by horns and percussion instruments in dance orchestras. They became prized for their distinctive sound, however, and found life with several musical styles (most notably bluegrass and also blues) well after electric amplification solved the issue of inadequate guitar sound levels.

They were developed before, if not around the same time, as electronic amplification. My guitar evolution is a bit rusty.

Also hair metal:  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IepGiupfguM
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

E.O.T.

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 29, 2012, 08:12:33 PM
I've always wanted one of those.  Almost got one once, picked up a couple of Danelectros instead.

SO

you set out to get totally laid by a sweet piece of ass and settled for a couple go arounds with your hand?

YOUR

left hand??
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Richter

Quote from: v3x on June 29, 2012, 07:26:41 PM

1933 Dobro resonator guitar!

"Hey Richter, my brother got this guitar that doesn't need an amp!"

"So...he has an acoustic?"

"Um..."

When I actually got shown the product in question, it was one of those.  Snazzy.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Richter, Baron von on June 30, 2012, 03:12:14 AM
Quote from: v3x on June 29, 2012, 07:26:41 PM

1933 Dobro resonator guitar!

"Hey Richter, my brother got this guitar that doesn't need an amp!"

"So...he has an acoustic?"

"Um..."

When I actually got shown the product in question, it was one of those.  Snazzy.

To put it in other words, "she may not be my type per se, but there's no way in hell I would say no."