News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Net on July 07, 2012, 02:58:32 AM
Definitely interested in being interviewed. Probably will be able to put you up.

Awesome! State? Let me know here or via PM.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Now have an overview up. It's available by link only, I'm hoping not to sully my good name until AFTER I'm outta school.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15xXIAPtdRVnveVD20J8OyHyZjeSYz2pNj24yneaTz7w/edit

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 07, 2012, 01:17:01 PM
Now have an overview up. It's available by link only, I'm hoping not to sully my good name until AFTER I'm outta school.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15xXIAPtdRVnveVD20J8OyHyZjeSYz2pNj24yneaTz7w/edit

Not bad save for a couple of date errors: Discordianism was developed/invented in the late fifties and the first edition of the Principia Discordia was published in 1958 or 1959. Someone here figured out which, but I have no idea which thread that was in. Telarus might remember?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and you might want to throw in a mention of Discordianism's much better-known offshoot, the Church of the Subgenius.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

All good advice, I'll jump on that today.

The Johnny

It seems your work will consist of two parts: an interview (life history) and ethnographic observation (participant observation).

Do you have any formal training on the social sciences?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on July 07, 2012, 11:11:22 PM

It seems your work will consist of two parts: an interview (life history) and ethnographic observation (participant observation).

Afraid not. I will have two journalism courses under my belt by the time I get started. Any recommended reading?

Placid Dingo

Theres some particularly well known folk I'd like to contact. If any one can indicate the best was to contact the following people I'd be grateful.

St Mae.

Kassanine

Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

Sondra London

Wes Unrah.

Mae and Uncle BadTouch have emails but I haven't had phenomenal success with emailing.

The Johnny

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 08, 2012, 01:52:33 AM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on July 07, 2012, 11:11:22 PM

Afraid not. I will have two journalism courses under my belt by the time I get started. Any recommended reading?

Ill have to get back to you on that, most sources i know are in spanish.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Telarus

Hmmm, sorry, I don't remember that [the date thing] off the top of my head.... I'll keep an eye out tho.

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 08, 2012, 02:15:55 AM
Theres some particularly well known folk I'd like to contact. If any one can indicate the best was to contact the following people I'd be grateful.

St Mae.

Kassanine

Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

Sondra London

Wes Unrah.

Mae and Uncle BadTouch have emails but I haven't had phenomenal success with emailing.

I can probably get you in contact with St. Mae and Wes. Let me know when.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

St Mae.

Kassanine

Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

Sondra London

Wes Unrah.

I can pass on a message to St. Mae if you want.

Who's Kassanine? I've never heard of them!

In Portland, I would suggest also interviewing Johnny Brainwash and Danny Chaoflux.

Anna Mae Bollocks

St Mae.

Kassanine

Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

Sondra London

Wes Unrah.

Sondra's in my facebook friends. Send me something to forward to her.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Placid Dingo

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 08, 2012, 07:37:31 PM

St Mae.

Kassanine

Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

Sondra London

Wes Unrah.

I can pass on a message to St. Mae if you want.

Who's Kassanine? I've never heard of them!

In Portland, I would suggest also interviewing Johnny Brainwash and Danny Chaoflux.

Oooh yes! I'll get onto them.

Kasasanine I read an article interviewing her, linked from this forum even, I think. She's part of the Austistic Self-Advocacy thing in Portland. I stumbled on her profile twice on social networking pages. Now, of course, I can't find her.

Lenin McCarthy

If you get to Norway, I'm interested in being interviewed! I'll most likely have a spare bedroom available.