Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 19, 2012, 02:36:11 PM
I'm in, but I hear my work doesn't travel well.   :p

Damn yuooo!

But seriously, thank you, that would be great. There seem to be a number of spags in Texas so I'll be down the south for at least part of the journey, as current plans go.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 19, 2012, 02:44:09 PM

Damn yuooo!

But seriously, thank you, that would be great. There seem to be a number of spags in Texas so I'll be down the south for at least part of the journey, as current plans go.

Be warned:  It's a long, long way from Texas.  You have to cross New Mexico and half of Southern Arizona to get here, and that's not counting the Texas part of the drive.

Call it a thousand miles...Which is about 50 liters in metric.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 19, 2012, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 19, 2012, 02:44:09 PM

Damn yuooo!

Be warned:  It's a long, long way from Texas.  You have to cross New Mexico and half of Southern Arizona to get here, and that's not counting the Texas part of the drive.

Call it a thousand miles...Which is about 50 liters in metric.

I've done that drive, and I kind of love it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh wait, I got confused. I meant I felt like I might die at any moment.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

East Texas to central Texas is a fairly interesting drive, once you get past the refinery-stench towns near the Louisiana border. Just be careful of the cops, especially in Fayette county. I guess they still miss the extra income from the Chicken Ranch ("A-haw haw haw haw" - Billy Gibbons) and they've been pulling people with out-of-town plates over for decades and finding excuses to lock them up. Too bad, it's beautiful rolling hills, historic battlegrounds and Victorian houses...but go around it if you can. After San Antonio, everything dies but an occasional mesquite tree. They call it a desert, but it used to be a shortgrass prairie. A bunch of cattlemen ran their cows over it after the Comanches were starved into moving to the rez in OK (mass slaughter of buffalo), so no more topsoil. It looks post-nuclear, with an occasional community of mutant teabaggers hanging in crappy bars.

New Mexico isn't a lot different, but it does have bigass rock formations, tourist kitsch and an occasional lake.

I leave AZ to the residents to describe. There are hints scattered all over this board, but it has to be experienced.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Placid Dingo

Harassed a travel agent and they suggested sticking to rail and planes.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 21, 2012, 01:41:56 AM
Harassed a travel agent and they suggested sticking to rail and planes.

Good call. They might even know about Fayette county.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Honestly, I did kind of enjoy the drive. AND I felt like I might die at any moment, which might be part of why I enjoyed it.

Seriously, you haven't almost died  lived until you've driven from Austin to Phoenix in a 1968 VW bug.

Unless you've also driven through Wyoming in that same bug and had the wind rip the hood open at 75mph on the freeway.

I can't remember what it was, now, but something also happened in Carlsbad. Oh, I think that the muffler fell off.

You know what's in Carlsbad?

FUCKING NOTHING.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah, I think their main attraction is a cave.

The Johnny

Ok Dingo, sorry for the delay:

AUTHORS PERTAINING LIFE HISTORIES / BIOGRAPHICAL APPROACH:

-Daniel Bertaux
-Vincent Gaulejac
-Alicia Lindon
-Dante Duero
-Carlos Piña
-Alexia Sanz Hernández
-Cristina Santamarina
-Jorge Aceves Lozano

AUTHORS REGARDING OPEN INTERVIEWS

-Alejandro Montes de Oca Villa Toro
-José Bleger
-Horacio Etchegoyen
-Isabel Jaidar
-Margarita Baz

AUTHORS IN REGARD TO QUALITATIVE METHODOLOGY

-Roberto Castro
-Taylor & Bogdan
-Didier Anzieu

Im sorry most of my sources are spanish, but thats what i know, but if you cant get these authors books specifically, just go to a bookstore or library and use the main keywords and it should turn up something in your language.

If you need help in designing your methodology or anything specific, just tell me about it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Juana

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 21, 2012, 03:26:07 AM
And the cave's not really worth the boring ass drive through some of the ugliest places in the entire Southwest.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Placid Dingo

Wow thanks Nyx. Thats a hell of a list. I'll have a look though.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on July 21, 2012, 10:09:23 PM
And the cave's not really worth the boring ass drive through some of the ugliest places in the entire Southwest.

Oh fuck...you actually got stuck going to it somehow??

Placid Dingo

I got AIM and yahoo chat specifically to chat to Discordians.

AIM: placiddingo

Yahoo: placiddingo@yahoo.com.au

Also midday tomorrow upside down time, Pozible launches. Thats 13 hours. I'll post when it opens. Mostly though, add me on AIM.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 22, 2012, 07:25:54 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on July 21, 2012, 10:09:23 PM

Oh fuck...you actually got stuck going to it somehow??

I went to it, too... I thought it was pretty neat, and I loved how the lobby area was stuck in 1976.