News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 01:34:47 PM
Well, you'd probably want to ask follow up questions, so you can ask permission to use the posts at that point.

I'm glad one of us is doing the thinking tonight, because clearly it's not me. Ta.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

EK WAFFLR

I'm looking forward to this!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Placid Dingo

Ta Waffle.

I had a donation from I name I don't recognise, but whoever that is THANK YOU.

Also, in my Brazilian investigationing (I actually just emailed the guy that may have introduced Discordia to Brazil) I came across a Portuguese language Discordia forum;

http://fnord.forumotion.com/forum

LMNO

Oh yeah, I said I'd donate when the page is running. BRB.

Placid Dingo

Thanks.

I've also discovered the internal mailing system on Pozible so I won't spag up this thread with more "thank you person I dont recognise name of" messages.

LMNO

You may want to continue doing that, to keep the thread alive and reminding people of the project.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 26, 2012, 01:56:39 PM
You may want to continue doing that, to keep the thread alive and reminding people of the project.

True that.

Placid Dingo

Bit of an update.

Getting some good content. I've held some fairly detailed talks with St Mae, Professor Cramulus and a guy called Gavriel Discordia who's involved in Occupy and runs the Discordia Culture Shop (see also the library thread).

Pozible's hit $85 which isn't exactly enough to retire on, but I 'm getting a hone call from someone in the company on Wednesday who I assume is going to run me through some ways to be a bit more effective in the promotion of what I'm doing.

Sending some more messages to gather how people came into Discordia and where they went from there.

Placid Dingo

Also; Legally, where do I stand with quoting other people's work? I've never worked in Non-Fiction. I'm talking about quotes from interviews etc. This here was really great and I'd love to use Kerry's words but don't know what the rules are...

QuoteWe were in the middle of a very serious, heated discussion. I remember Hill saying
something about Einstein and randomness--oh, and the physicist with his undead
cat and the law of uncertainty. Somehow Hill linked all that to King Solomon cutting a baby in half and it got somebody pissed. Then out of the blue Thornley started laughing and laughing, like he was literally going to laugh himself to death. He and Hill used to
laugh a lot when we were young.

Then he said, "This, all of this? Everything we talk about, everything we do?
Everything anybody does. A hundred, a thousand, a billion years from now, none
of this will matter. Nothing we do here will make a damn bit of difference."

Then he got very serious. "But it matters now, damn it," he said. "It matters now."

Placid Dingo

kerrythornley.com again; I'm just sharing some wonderful quotes; I'm finding I identify a lot deeper with Hill than Thornley, even though he's so elusive.
The following comes from a conversation 'if the early Discordians were Gods, what would they be?'
QuoteI picked Hill as Ganesha, the elephant-headed god over science, writing, and
wisdom. Hill was like the elephant, the one the blind men felt in the old Hindu story.
They all felt a different part, the one touching the leg felt a tree stump, the one
whose hand reached the trunk felt a snake, the one touching the tusk felt a spear,
etc. They all thought they knew what they had, but none of them really knew the
elephant.

Hill was quiet for a moment. Then he asked, "Does the elephant know himself?" 
No, it was "Can the elephant know himself?" I didn't know how to answer that. But
the question made a deep impression on Hill.

Placid Dingo

Another quote from Thornly, this time from Sondra London's work with him. Posting becasue it's relevant to current BIP2 Project.

Quote"Nothing is truer than the saying that the highway to hell is paved with good intentions. If nearly half the world is not to continue starving to death, then ethics has to be geared to what will actually change the present situation. What will work, what will feed people has to be the standard of morality -- not what seems fair in the eyes of spoiled intellectuals who've never been outside the United States. Like the poet Robinson Jeffers says, this country has a national introversion complex. So does Japan. Neither country really believes the outside world exists. People watch a newsreel or read something in the papers, but subconsciously it is only entertainment to them."

Placid Dingo

Been contacted by the head honcho of Kerry Thornley.com who is keen to be involved.

Is there anyone on here with a blag who'd be happy to do a quick interview with me that I can use to generate a bit of buzz?

LMNO

I'd suggest hitting up Cramulous on FB; I think he might have an active blog.

Placid Dingo

Yeah I'm gonna hit him up, plus a few other people I know of. I'm just trying to spread everything as far as possible.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit