News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 29, 2013, 09:39:40 PM
There's probably going to be another NL meetup somewhere in October or so. I'll keep you posted on details when I know them.

excellent. Sounds good.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

/J/ewcat

Hello,
I am a Jew Cat.
I belong to /B/earman.

I'm aspiring to be the world's greatest crazy cat lady when I grow up. I'm also learning how to be very angry and very constructive with my anger.

My interest in this forum stemmed from /B/earman showing me a sermon from the Good Reverend Roger.

Pleasure to meet you!

Eater of Clowns

Hi, welcome to PD!

If you pronounce FCCL it sounds like fecal.

I approve.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Future Crazy Cat Lady on August 04, 2013, 07:10:31 PM
Hello,
I am a Jew Cat.
I belong to /B/earman.

I'm aspiring to be the world's greatest crazy cat lady when I grow up. I'm also learning how to be very angry and very constructive with my anger.

My interest in this forum stemmed from /B/earman showing me a sermon from the Good Reverend Roger.

Pleasure to meet you!

Hello. Welcome to the party. I am also an aspiring crazy cat lady. If that includes a shot gun and some moonshine and a rocking chair on a rickety front porch. Good luck with the anger thing. TGRR's sermons will more than help you with that.  :lulz:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Left

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 04, 2013, 09:33:03 PM
Quote from: Future Crazy Cat Lady on August 04, 2013, 07:10:31 PM
Hello,
I am a Jew Cat.
I belong to /B/earman.

Pleasure to meet you!

Hello. Welcome to the party. I am also an aspiring crazy cat lady. If that includes a shot gun and some moonshine and a rocking chair on a rickety front porch. Good luck with the anger thing. TGRR's sermons will more than help you with that.  :lulz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fVsSejI4Q

I'm crazy, though this seems to include various animals.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Giant(G)Land

Hi all,

My name is Jake and I feel very fortunate to have found a little enclave of folks who may or may not share my zest for Ultimate Knowledge and Bullshit.

I recently discovered Discordian philosophy while researching tulpas-which led me to Chaos Magic which (I think) led me to RAW where I've been residing for the last few months.

some context

The first set of books that ever royally mindfucked me (which, of course, led me to the Science and Philosophy sections of the bookstore) were the "alien abduction" memoirs by Whitley Strieber- this was back in high school.
I was pretty well sold on the whole metaphysical message and spent a lot of time trying to figure it all out which proved to be terribly frustrating-so much so I eventually resorted to the skeptical literature.

I read (for the first time) Carl Sagan-who became an intellectual hero of mine. From there on I read more science, psychology, analytical philosophy, etc. . .all decidedly rationalistic (think: Daniel Dennett) and quite challenging for a wooly minded painterly type like myself (see: pretentious.) During this sojourn I found Zen Buddhism and now sit my ass on a cushion every morning watching the carpet crawl. . .

Presently

I am 23 (!) and have decided I feel the sanest (and happiest) when I ape Discordian logic and muck around with the Sacred Chao. I am just about through with both Prometheus Rising and the Principia. . .both books that have frustrated my lame philosophical assumptions for months now-which is pretty damn refreshing. Having a sense of humor about all this stuff is huge plus too!

I hope I can contribute something to this party.  :lulz:

Thanks for your time.

-Jake

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 07:30:15 PM
Hi all,

My name is Jake and I feel very fortunate to have found a little enclave of folks who may or may not share my zest for Ultimate Knowledge and Bullshit.

Questing for bullshit?  Isn't that like hauling coals to Newcastle?  And "ultimate knowledge" sounds a bit too much like "ultimate responsibility" or "ultimate liability".

QuoteI recently discovered Discordian philosophy while researching tulpas-which led me to Chaos Magic which (I think) led me to RAW where I've been residing for the last few months.

This is going to end very well.  I can sense it.

Quotesome context

The first set of books that ever royally mindfucked me (which, of course, led me to the Science and Philosophy sections of the bookstore) were the "alien abduction" memoirs by Whitley Strieber- this was back in high school.

He's the guy that aliens travel light years to probe up the pooper, right? 

QuoteI was pretty well sold on the whole metaphysical message and spent a lot of time trying to figure it all out which proved to be terribly frustrating-so much so I eventually resorted to the skeptical literature.

Interesting.  Most people who swallow metaphysical crap and have trouble with it usually go looking for a guru.  This one might have potential.  Maybe.

QuoteI read (for the first time) Carl Sagan-who became an intellectual hero of mine. From there on I read more science, psychology, analytical philosophy, etc. . .all decidedly rationalistic (think: Daniel Dennett) and quite challenging for a wooly minded painterly type like myself (see: pretentious.) During this sojourn I found Zen Buddhism and now sit my ass on a cushion every morning watching the carpet crawl. . .

Hey, I do that too!  Only without the Zen.  I use benzos.

QuoteI hope I can contribute something to this party.  :lulz:

Oh, me too.  Me, too.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cramulus

welcome to grumbleweb, YOUR home for emotes, gifs, jifs, tiffs, and any o_o you can cram in your png hole

we have the finest selection of ill gotten nigerian lucre this side of Toluca Lake, please post your full social security number in dodecuplicate for $$$ FREE POSTS $$$

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]