News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2014, 02:07:28 PM
Plus, Roger has IRL gotten his junk stung by a mad hornet.  So, there's that.

Not that you were supposed to know that at this point.

That hornet wasn't mad, it was fucking EVIL.

And it had nothing to do with my response.  I was just a little peeved about a joke being killed in its prime, is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

capitalistslayer

Are we still doing introductions? Hi. My name is Jess. I'm an anarcho-communist & possibly the world's biggest Buffy fan. My life was chaos long before I ever heard of Eris and Discordianism. A dear friend of mine threw the golden apple my way and I'm so happy she did. I'm hoping to start writing a novel soon.

LMNO

Reginald Ret

Quote from: capitalistslayer on March 19, 2014, 05:43:28 PM
Are we still doing introductions? Hi. My name is Jess. I'm an anarcho-communist & possibly the world's biggest Buffy fan. My life was chaos long before I ever heard of Eris and Discordianism. A dear friend of mine threw the golden apple my way and I'm so happy she did. I'm hoping to start writing a novel soon.
Hi Jess!
I used to be an anarchist until I realized that I blame the followers more than the leaders. Now I am an andoulist. http://translate.google.com/#el/en/%CE%94%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%82
Buffy is fun, though not as good as Dark Angel. More dystopian and less crapsack worldy.
Your friend was confused on the point of the golden apple if she threw it directly into your hand. Keep that one close, she is nice.
I'm hoping I will get to read your novel soon. Will you post parts of it here? We are great critics.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: capitalistslayer on March 19, 2014, 05:43:28 PM

Hey there, new guy!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

capitalistslayer

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 19, 2014, 05:46:34 PM
Will the novel be free for the proletariat?

Yeah, I'd like it to be free for anyone that wants to read it. I'll post some parts here when I have stuff written

Pæs

Scilon Agent

>Biggest Buffy fan in the world
>Buffy extremely large capitalist entertainment franchise
>capitalistslayer

But if we slayered all of teh evul capitalists who would market, sell and pay all those actors and actresses????

OMG who would sell DVD's and whole seasons??? Who would advertise on the networks in order to pay for commercial spots?

OH MY GOD I AM FREAKING OUT MAN
If [a person] was considered to be in contempt of court or anything like that, [he was] simply fried since there was a curtain of radioactive material which went clear across the front of the bench anywhere that a witness or anybody would stand, and so on.

Pæs

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 19, 2014, 06:43:03 PM
>capitalistslayer

But if we slayered all of teh evul capitalists who would market, sell and pay all those actors and actresses????

OMG who would sell DVD's and whole seasons??? Who would advertise on the networks in order to pay for commercial spots?

Oh like YOUR worldview is totally internally consistent.  :p

Scilon Agent

Quote from: Pæs on March 19, 2014, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 19, 2014, 06:43:03 PM
>capitalistslayer

Oh like YOUR worldview is totally internally consistent.  :p

Top kek!
If [a person] was considered to be in contempt of court or anything like that, [he was] simply fried since there was a curtain of radioactive material which went clear across the front of the bench anywhere that a witness or anybody would stand, and so on.

Faust

Buffy was good for a while. The first three seasons were great. Then there was that shitty college season. then there was an ok willow season. Then there was the shitty final season.

Funnily angel was shit for the first season, ok for the second and then consistently good until it ended.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I actually thought the first season was pretty weak.  But then, setting the cast, characters and lore involves more exposition than anything else.

Season 2 and three were excellent, as was season 5.  I don't recall season 5 having an especially great arc, but having "The Body" counts for a hell of a lot.

Cain,
might have been rewatching Buffy recently.

Faust

I actually completely forgot the glory season. Yeah The Body was a nasty twist in the show. Glory was a good villain but her reveal and who they wrapped it up seemed kind of lame.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Yeah, for sure.  Glory was in no way as compelling a villain as Spike, Angelus or the Mayor.

Brother_Bubba_Buford

Sorry to interrupt your Buffet the Vampire Killer discussions..

I'm the newest new guy here now  :fnord:
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - Carlin