News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

Hey there! where are you teaching abroad? I've been wanting to get into JET myself
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 02, 2014, 04:35:21 AM
Quote from: lavkian on December 02, 2014, 04:16:10 AM
Hi, I'm lavkian.

I'll try not to post only once or twice and disappear, but I make no promises. I'm a English teacher living abroad, so please don't hold me to any high standards.

Balls.  I met this guy on facebook, where he was happy-slapping a teabagger.

I think you'll fit right in.  Most of us are left of Abbie Hoffman.

I'm probably remembering the wrong guy, but didn't Abbie pretty much go crazy? In a proto-teabagger way?

Ahoy new guy, state personal information, phobias and favourite beverages for the official record please.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2014, 08:02:02 PM
Hi, I'm lavkian.

I'll try not to post only once or twice and disappear, but I make no promises. I'm a English teacher living abroad, so please don't hold me to any high standards.

I'm probably remembering the wrong guy, but didn't Abbie pretty much go crazy? In a proto-teabagger way?

Ahoy new guy, state personal information, phobias and favourite beverages for the official record please.

That was Jerry Rubin, his partner in crime.  Abbie offed himself.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

That will be the entire content of my suicide note one day, btw:  "If it was good enough for Abbie Hoffman, it's good enough for me."

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on December 02, 2014, 08:33:28 PM
That will be the entire content of my suicide note one day, btw:  "If it was good enough for Abbie Hoffman, it's good enough for me."

:mittens:
Molon Lube

Cain

Coincidentally, that will be in my note explaining why I levitated the Pentagon.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Hoopla on December 02, 2014, 08:31:57 PM
Hi, I'm lavkian.

Ah, thanks. I'll have to have another look at that mob and see what it's devolved into. Again, if I recall remotely correctly it was all turning strangely ugly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2014, 10:15:44 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on December 02, 2014, 08:31:57 PM
Hi, I'm lavkian.

Ah, thanks. I'll have to have another look at that mob and see what it's devolved into. Again, if I recall remotely correctly it was all turning strangely ugly.

Someone (possibly RAW?) once referred to the Yippies as 'Nazis with pot-leaf armbands', or something to that effect.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

May/May not be RAW, but there's something else along the lines of "yippies became yuppies".

Either way, we're just talking about various people that need beating with rakes.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
Coincidentally, that will be in my note explaining why I levitated the Pentagon.

Cain just won another internets.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2014, 10:29:13 PM
May/May not be RAW, but there's something else along the lines of "yippies became yuppies".

Either way, we're just talking about various people that need beating with rakes.

I say we round up everyone that fell short of perfection, and smack them with garden spades until they attain that perfection.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

That would include Doktors who use metaphors casually.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 03, 2014, 01:34:33 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2014, 10:29:13 PM

I say we round up everyone that fell short of perfection, and smack them with garden spades until they attain that perfection.

BRB, investing in garden spades.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."