News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Good news everyone.

GoduckGo still has us as the worst forum on the internet.
Poe's law ;)

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: outoftheloop on December 12, 2014, 06:30:14 AM
It was actually about five or six years ago when I joined. Left early 2013. Damn. I thought that had been longer. Time is weird.

So is this an ego-stroking game in which you try to see whether anyone can remember which former member you are?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2014, 11:18:41 PM
It was actually about five or six years ago when I joined. Left early 2013. Damn. I thought that had been longer. Time is weird.

So is this an ego-stroking game in which you try to see whether anyone can remember which former member you are?

I thought about trying to look back in the archives to figure it out myself - there weren't that many British people around, I don't remember any Brit-teens when I was 19-20... and maybe I'm underestimating the draw of Canterbury's theology department, but it doesn't seem like it'd be a hot destination for foreign students.

Then I realized I just don't care that much. There was the racist asshole who posted rants about how we should shut up because we're so mean (I remember writing a counter-rant calling for people to shout more just because he annoyed me) but... I'm pretty sure he was American, and 20-something.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on December 12, 2014, 11:29:36 PM

I thought about trying to look back in the archives to figure it out myself - there weren't that many British people around, I don't remember any Brit-teens when I was 19-20... and maybe I'm underestimating the draw of Canterbury's theology department, but it doesn't seem like it'd be a hot destination for foreign students.

Then I realized I just don't care that much. There was the racist asshole who posted rants about how we should shut up because we're so mean (I remember writing a counter-rant calling for people to shout more just because he annoyed me) but... I'm pretty sure he was American, and 20-something.

I think I know who it is, but I don't remember his name. Angsty European teen who was taking a bunch of drugs and boning some meth whore his mother didn't like.

Demolition Squid

Cain

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2014, 11:36:03 PM
Quote from: Demolition Squid on December 12, 2014, 11:29:36 PM

I think I know who it is, but I don't remember his name. Angsty European teen who was taking a bunch of drugs and boning some meth whore his mother didn't like.

Dalek?  But he's in some former iron curtain nation.  Alberta or something.
Molon Lube

Demolition Squid

I don't think he'll be a European student. Nigel Farage assured me that they don't actually study, they just come here to get high-paying jobs making sandwiches and drive slowly in the middle lane.

LMNO

I think the fact he wwon't tell is, well... telling.

fuck it.  I'm curious, but not wasting my time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Someone who spent several years with us, but doesn't care to tell us who he is.

outoftheloop

yeah, Dalekk.

Quote from: Demolition Squid on December 13, 2014, 12:02:47 AM
I don't think he'll be a European student. Nigel Farage assured me that they don't actually study, they just come here to get high-paying jobs making sandwiches and drive slowly in the middle lane.

Fucking love Nigel Farage. The amount of jokes he's allowed me to make - once I moved to the UK, Bulgarians already had a semi-mythical status of shape-shifting house-stealing, wife-raping wizards.
innit safe, fam?