News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on April 13, 2015, 03:55:19 AM
Quote from: Zenpatista on April 08, 2015, 01:41:44 AM

I've figured out where a few things go: Holy rants belong in "Or Kill Me", general daily malaise goes in "Open Bar". Any other rules or pointers I should know about?

Wait, so rants don't go in open bar?

Like i know this is a discordianist forum. But could we have a little bit of organization?

We had that once.  Or Kill Me was a ghetto that rants disappeared into while the former admins used Apple Talk (now The Richard Nixon subforum) - the only one in general use - to expound upon the glories of cookies, pie, face-raping bats, stabbity stabbity, and tequila.

So we killed them all and buried their bodies in Nigel's septic tank.  She and her whole family shit on the former regime daily, which is only one of the reasons we love her.  The others have to do with what happened to the sasquatches, and her habit of lighting the beards of hipsters on fire.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Those poor, poor sasquatches. I can still smell the smouldering hair.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

zarathud the junger

New guy here.

I discovered Discordianism a year and a half ago. I'd been interested in Zen, Daoism, Jung, the counter-culture and related stuff since my late teens, and for years I had a hard time trying to reconcile my day to day atheism with an obsession with myth, ritual, the stranger elements of the mind and a niggling feeling that maybe both the gnostic-atheists and religious were equally full of hubristic shit. Whilst reading Bill Drummond's book 'The 17' I found out about RAW, and only a few days after he came up in my recommended listening list on last.fm. Not the most dramatic synchronicity, but it was enough to catch my attention. & It was a real revelation, I instantly felt like someone was finally speaking my language.

The initial ecstasy has finally worn off. Now I feel like it's time to stop just reading old books and go out and 'find the others'. So here I am  :) (oh, and someone already pointed me towards the pool, I thought I might pick up a long stand while i'm there if anyone wants one?)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: zarathud the junger on June 17, 2015, 12:45:31 PM
New guy here.

I discovered Discordianism a year and a half ago. I'd been interested in Zen, Daoism, Jung, the counter-culture and related stuff since my late teens, and for years I had a hard time trying to reconcile my day to day atheism with an obsession with myth, ritual, the stranger elements of the mind and a niggling feeling that maybe both the gnostic-atheists and religious were equally full of hubristic shit. Whilst reading Bill Drummond's book 'The 17' I found out about RAW, and only a few days after he came up in my recommended listening list on last.fm. Not the most dramatic synchronicity, but it was enough to catch my attention. & It was a real revelation, I instantly felt like someone was finally speaking my language.

The initial ecstasy has finally worn off. Now I feel like it's time to stop just reading old books and go out and 'find the others'. So here I am  :) (oh, and someone already pointed me towards the pool, I thought I might pick up a long stand while i'm there if anyone wants one?)

Hey new guy!

If you're looking for new reading materials, the Or Kill Me section is chock full of good stuff. There's a definitions thread here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=28577.0 that I only recently learned about and is very useful for deciphering some of the other posts.

There are also a bunch of slander threads about all the other users which will help you form irrational fears of the lot of us.

LMNO

Rev Thwack

Hey new guy!

Don't believe the rumors about the pool on the roof... We actually hid it in the bottom of Lake Eerie. If you tie these bricks around your neck and jump in, you should make it down to the pool.

Personally, the pool is overrated, just step up to the bar and grab a drink. First round is in me.
My balls itch...

zarathud the junger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 17, 2015, 01:00:41 PM

Hey new guy!

If you're looking for new reading materials, the Or Kill Me section is chock full of good stuff. There's a definitions thread here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=28577.0 that I only recently learned about and is very useful for deciphering some of the other posts.

There are also a bunch of slander threads about all the other users which will help you form irrational fears of the lot of us.

Hey, thanks for the tip! Although by 'finding the others' i particularly mean finding YOU (and everyone else here) - living breathing Discordians  :)

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 17, 2015, 01:29:34 PM
Hi, new guy!

If you like Taoism, you'll love The Chao Te Ching.

Hey! Yeah I've been meaning to for a while, it's def on my reading list now. Cheers.

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 17, 2015, 01:52:57 PM
Hey new guy!

Don't believe the rumors about the pool on the roof... We actually hid it in the bottom of Lake Eerie. If you tie these bricks around your neck and jump in, you should make it down to the pool.

Personally, the pool is overrated, just step up to the bar and grab a drink. First round is in me.

But won't the pool get wet down there? Yeah sounds like a plan. Slàinte!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 17, 2015, 01:00:41 PM

Every fucking word is true, Jimmy.
Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

RainerRilke

Greetings to y'all angry bastards. My name's actually Rainer and I hail from an argentine town whose name you wouldn't even know how to pronounce.

I just finished reading the PD thouh I was already familiar with the movement and similar works (namely the Satyricon whose author I pay homage to in my profile picture, and the magnificent Illuminatus! Trilogy). Anyways, needless to say I came looking for thoughtful discussion, but stayed for the fnord and the angry rants. Now I guess I am to become sickened or traumatized for contemplating your absurdities, but I like that; you're crude but sincere and not afraid of provoking confusion or disgust, and I respect that.

And so with your most sincere permission I proceed to terminate my post. Nice to meet y'all  :p.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Raphaella

Hello again dear old peedee, it's been years, but it looks as if things have been chugging along nicely.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ