News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Dark Knight Rises or why I'm glad I don't live in Denver.

Started by Da6s, July 20, 2012, 11:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Well, given that he surrendered without a fight, and was wearing body armor, it's clear that part of his aim was to get attention, and attention that he would be alive to relish in.  Which of course, the news media being what it is, he is going to get in spades. 

Certainly, this is a newsworthy event, but the one thing the news media could do right now is button up, stick to the facts, and keep the armchair-psychology and all other tangents off the goddamned TV.  It's what he wants.  You want to punish the cowardly prick, SHUT UP!.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Fucking hell.

http://gawker.com/5927974

QuoteYou can't have a national tragedy without at least one religious zealot crawling out of the woodwork and spouting off about the downfall of America. And lo, American Family Association news director Fred Jackson is up to the task.

On his horrifying radio show AFA Today, Jackson explained how this country has gone to shit — and why that made James Holmes open fire on a crowded theater.

QuoteIn the community there were community standards that reflected biblical principles, whether people knew it or not, the standard in the community was based on Scripture. In that short period of time, roughly forty years, we have seen such a transformation in values in our communities, whether it's rural or whether it's big city. I have to think that all of this, whether it's the Hollywood movies, whether it's what we see on the internets, whether it's liberal bias in the media, whether it's our politicians changing public policy, I think all of those somehow have fit together — and I have to say also churches who are leaving the authority of Scripture and losing their fear of God — all of those things have seem to have come together to give us these kinds of incidents.

You know a statement is shocking when the unironic use of "internets" is the mildest offense.

It gets worse, naturally.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

So, the immediate news reports kept going on about how he dyed his hair bright red and referred to himself as the Joker.

Those two details were always placed next to each other.  Bright red hair, called himself the Joker.

Bright red hair, the Joker.

...The Joker has always had green hair.  I don't know why that, in the middle of all this death and Fear™, that in particular bothered me, but there you go.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2012, 02:21:45 PM
So, the immediate news reports kept going on about how he dyed his hair bright red and referred to himself as the Joker.

Those two details were always placed next to each other.  Bright red hair, called himself the Joker.

...The Joker has always had green hair.  I don't know why that, in the middle of all this death and Fear™, that in particular bothered me, but there you go.

Because it's not fear, it's loathing.  You are in no immediate danger, after all.

And I can see how you might loathe that sort of inaccuracy just as much.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Yeah, I guess it sort of punctuated my revulsion of the 24-hour news cycle in times like this.  Nothing new happens, but the reporters start cannibalizing each other.

Faust

If that was the case he also chose the wrong film to shoot up, he should have been at the mask of zorro.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2012, 02:33:18 PM
Yeah, I guess it sort of punctuated my revulsion of the 24-hour news cycle in times like this.  Nothing new happens, but the reporters start cannibalizing each other.

They all need to have a nice, hefty glass of SHUT UP!

I was reading in some news article where the Governor of Colorado is making a point to say that he isn't going to use his name in any public or private comments.  Just call him Suspect A or something like that.  Because, of course, nobody is going to know who the fuck he's talking about right?  Fucking dumbass!

The guy went to a high-profile event and created a high-profile event, at which he quickly surrendered without a fight. 

That's right News Media, he did that FOR YOU!  So he could be alive to read and hear you guys talk about him and what he did.  He is still alive because he wants YOU as his accomplice, and there you are, good on you, doing his bidding.

You want to do the right thing?  SHUT UP!  Go cover all of the kids who aren't in school and on the streets starving, in the United States of America.  I guarantee you at least 12 or 14, probably more, are going to die this year.  Go cover that atrocity that is being fueled by your goddamned government. 

I don't care what fucking douche's hair color was.  just SHUT UP!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2012, 02:21:45 PM

It strikes me as a kind of implied transference of blame. It was Hollywood's fault he did what he did.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Facebook scuttlebutt. Everything defaults to Jack Ruby:

QuoteJust waiting for Jack Ruby's doppelganger to seal it up.

QuoteMy dad worked as an expert witness with a member of McVeigh's defense team who said he's never dealt with a client that so actively defeated his own defense. This dude wears more high end body armor than SWAT teams use, shoots some people with indifferent accuracy, and then meekly surrenders to police? Why the body armor, then? SWAT teams generally don't do the lower body and groin armor or helmets. Smells funny from the start and now the judge has sealed the case from public scrutiny?

QuoteI think this is an actor, not the shooter. There were more than one people involved but we all know thats all we will hear about it. Now we'll see drawings of this actor in court and proby another fake execution like Mcvieghs. Timmay didnt fight because it's all theater.

QuoteNo joking about the fact that McVeigh's team said they never had somebody so actively defeat their own defense in decades of law. I'm just waiting for the Jack Ruby...

QuotePolice fired crowd control bags and released a K9 on some people that wanted to confront them on shooting a guy in Cali yesterday. The lady the dog attacked was holding a baby. We are under marshal law now. The shooters in Col may have been cops too for all we know. Sure had the correct gear. I can think of no better reason to build a fire at a crime scene. Maybe they just wanted some smores?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That last one is completely true, and not at all funny. The worst part is that the next night when the cops decided to shoot a cuffed suspect, they just shined lights at the witnesses with cameras so they couldn't film it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Gen. Disregard on July 23, 2012, 03:22:43 PM

I was reading in some news article where the Governor of Colorado is making a point to say that he isn't going to use his name in any public or private comments.  Just call him Suspect A or something like that.  Because, of course, nobody is going to know who the fuck he's talking about right?  Fucking dumbass!

The guy went to a high-profile event and created a high-profile event, at which he quickly surrendered without a fight. 

That's right News Media, he did that FOR YOU!  So he could be alive to read and hear you guys talk about him and what he did.  He is still alive because he wants YOU as his accomplice, and there you are, good on you, doing his bidding.

You want to do the right thing?  SHUT UP!  Go cover all of the kids who aren't in school and on the streets starving, in the United States of America.  I guarantee you at least 12 or 14, probably more, are going to die this year.  Go cover that atrocity that is being fueled by your goddamned government. 

The media loves a mass murder, especially if the mass murderer survives. All of a sudden, they have easy access to front page material for months! LOOK AT HIS COMFY PRISON CELL, FAMOUS CELEBRITY MET THE KILLER ONCE, HE ENJOYED THIS AND THAT, etc.
That way you can do journalism without digging deep into anything other than one universally despised person's private life. Critical, investigative journalism demands sacrifices today's journalists aren't willing to make and resources they don't have.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 23, 2012, 03:51:33 PM
That last one is completely true, and not at all funny. The worst part is that the next night when the cops decided to shoot a cuffed suspect, they just shined lights at the witnesses with cameras so they couldn't film it.

Too much shit like that going on. Can't blame people a bit for being suspicious.

More facebook:

QuotePresto! Instant family and of course no photos. Thanks ABC we knew you could do it. Damage control turned up to 11. It's gonna be an interesting week. It makes me feel a little better knowing most people are beyond this type of psychological warfare.

http://news.yahoo.com/aurora-suspect-james-holmess-familys-painful-emotional-hurdles-223115000--abc-news-health.html
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on July 23, 2012, 04:12:52 PM
Quote from: Gen. Disregard on July 23, 2012, 03:22:43 PM

The media loves a mass murder, especially if the mass murderer survives. All of a sudden, they have easy access to front page material for months! LOOK AT HIS COMFY PRISON CELL, FAMOUS CELEBRITY MET THE KILLER ONCE, HE ENJOYED THIS AND THAT, etc.
That way you can do journalism without digging deep into anything other than one universally despised person's private life. Critical, investigative journalism demands sacrifices today's journalists aren't willing to make and resources they don't have.

Oh yea.

And you'll be able to buy those ribbons at all the upcoming showings of the movie.

You'll get a free one plus a card with all the shooter's "stats" on it with the Limited Edition DVD.

Perfect time to start running non-stop side stories recapping every detail about Columbine that we've heard and read a million times already as well, since they've already started bringing it up. Make a ribbon for that too, since I don't think they were as proliferate at the time.

The fact that tragedy = merchandising (well, just about anything=merchandising, but still) really sickens me. More than the event(s) themselves. Like seeing the "911 anniversary" coins (made with real metal from the buildings, for that extra morbid touch!) and "Hooray we killed Bin Laden" coins (complete with blueprints of his compound, the really really for reallness plan of action, and some other bullshit "memorabilia"). Makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit each time I see them advertised on TV
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel