News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

A question for my fellow artisans...

Started by Suu, July 23, 2012, 10:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Do you find that you tend to craft better when you are making something with a specific person in mind?

And...

What do you about customers who want to change their orders after you finish it?! :crankey:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I do my best work when I'm just making whatever I feel like making, for no one in particular.

Customers who want to change their orders after I'm done can go fuck themselves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 23, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
I do my best work when I'm just making whatever I feel like making, for no one in particular.

I'm working on a piece right now that allows me to have full creative license. It's for a friend's wife, I've never met her, but the guidelines are loose, and allowing me to really "design", which is something I haven't been able to do these past few orders. I can be myself and relax. I bet that has more to do with it than it just being for my friend, then.

QuoteCustomers who want to change their orders after I'm done can go fuck themselves.

Thank you. I said that in the nicest way possible to the guy that decided he wanted 3/4 length sleeves after I appliqued and machine embroidered the hems of long sleeves. Asswipe.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

If someone is willing to adjust the due-date and the price, then let 'em make changes.

If they aren't, then Nigel should shove her product up their bums.  At temperature.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 10:34:23 PM
If someone is willing to adjust the due-date and the price, then let 'em make changes.

If they aren't, then Nigel should shove her product up their bums.  At temperature.

:lulz:

This will be my new disclaimer:

"All orders are final upon completion. Alterations can be made at cost. If the buyer is unwillingly to pay for alterations resulting from a change of mine or incorrect measurements, they will be sodomized by glowing lampwork glass still on the mandrel by a Nixon-obsessed woman from Portland, Oregon."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2012, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 10:34:23 PM

:lulz:

This will be my new disclaimer:

"All orders are final upon completion. Alterations can be made at cost. If the buyer is unwillingly to pay for alterations resulting from a change of mine or incorrect measurements, they will be sodomized by glowing lampwork glass still on the mandrel by a Nixon-obsessed woman from Portland, Oregon."

And that's not a warning, that's a selling point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

The customers should be banging down my door any minute!