News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

The 4AM $10 question

Started by EK WAFFLR, July 31, 2012, 03:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Should I try to sleep or just keep going until tomorrow night?

Points in favor of sleeping: I like to sleep.
                                     I get rest.
Point in favor of not sleeping: I get shit done.
                                         I get shit done.
                                         See above.
                                         Also, I tend to come up with extremely silly stuff I can flood the site with.
Discuss.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Juana

When do you have to get up? If you're going to get less than five or six hours, stay up and take a fifteen minute nap before you have to go. It'll power you through the day, but you're gonna crash when you finally go to sleep later.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Eater of Clowns

You should probably sleep.

Getting shit done is great and all but, you know, it's not a biological function unless you're being very literal about it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on July 31, 2012, 03:31:55 AM
When do you have to get up? If you're going to get less than five or six hours, stay up and take a fifteen minute nap before you have to go. It'll power you through the day, but you're gonna crash when you finally go to sleep later.

I should be up in four and a half hour. I wish I could take fifteen minute naps, but when I fall asleep I fall asleep really hard.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 31, 2012, 03:32:01 AM
You should probably sleep.

Getting shit done is great and all but, you know, it's not a biological function unless you're being very literal about it.

True, true. I'm leaning towards a couple of hours sleep, and a lot of energy drinks and espresso upon awakening.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Johnny

SLEEP IS LIKE COFFEE FOR PEOPLE WITH TOO MUCH TIME.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

Sleep is for people with nothing better to do. I sometimes go several days at a stretch with no sleep when I'm out at sea and LOOK AT ME. I'M FUCKING FINE.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on July 31, 2012, 03:08:41 AM

I get rest.
Point in favor of not sleeping: I get shit done inefficiently, with some staring at the wall involved.
                                         I get shit done poorly, with some minor fuck ups.
                                         See above. Get to be cranky and people have to accept it.
                                         Also, I tend to come up with extremely silly stuff I can flood the site with. Same as posting while drunk.
Discuss.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 31, 2012, 06:01:26 AM

I get rest.
Point in favor of not sleeping: I get shit done inefficiently, with some staring at the wall involved.
                                         Also, I tend to come up with extremely silly stuff I can flood the site with. Same as posting while drunk.
Discuss.

This is based on my own behavior at work under sleep dep conditions.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Salty

I desperately accept whatever sleep is offered to my by the Great Above.

That said, sleep is a shitty way to spend one's time when you can instead yell at people and make bad choices that lead you to pure, unadulterated FUN, which while you may not remember having OTHER people will. Which comes in handy.

Plus, life is the longest thing you'll experience. So don't feel guilty about SLACK, it makes the bullshit grow. Or something.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Luna

I stunned myself by crashing out around 9 last night.

Then I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep.   :argh!:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

EK WAFFLR

I finally crashed one and a half hour before I was supposed to get up. Managed to postpone stuff until tomorrow.
Oh well, so much for that experiment.

[/b]

The Johnny

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 31, 2012, 06:02:46 AM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 31, 2012, 06:01:26 AM

I get rest.
Discuss.

This is based on my own behavior at work under sleep dep conditions.

Doing physical work beyond the 16 hour awake mark seems to be ok (although things like driving, after 24 hours can be dangerous).

But yeah, doing anything that requires concentration, like reading or writing, beyond the 16 hour mark is inefficient, id venture to say beyond the 12 hour mark if its intensive.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

You guys just need higher-capacity adrenal glands.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"