News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Sex Ed, PD style

Started by Placid Dingo, August 04, 2012, 03:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 05, 2012, 09:06:55 AM
They, in fact, subsist on fish and sand, and reproduce asexually.

Truth. We should just adopt the official Danish Sex-Ed program:

FIRST YOU FIND A STICK, AND USE IT TO PRY OPEN THE ORIFICE OF YOUR DANISH REPRODUCTIVE SAC. THEN POUR IN THE SALT....
etc
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: v3x on August 05, 2012, 09:09:50 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 05, 2012, 09:06:55 AM
They, in fact, subsist on fish and sand, and reproduce asexually.

Truth. We should just adopt the official Danish Sex-Ed program:

FIRST YOU FIND A STICK, AND USE IT TO PRY OPEN THE ORIFICE OF YOUR DANISH REPRODUCTIVE SAC. THEN POUR IN THE SALT....
etc

:fap2:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

Most of the suggestions given so far are pretty good, but the one thing that is missing is the discussion of pregnancy.  I think a curriculum must include that as well as one of the possible outcomes of sexual activity, particularly when unprotected but even the potential failure of birth control.

I think it needs to be a very important consideration for a young person when they are thinking about sex.  Because certainly being pregnant at 15 or 16, is going to dramatically offer the trajectory of one's life.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Gen. Disregard on August 05, 2012, 11:57:23 AM
Most of the suggestions given so far are pretty good, but the one thing that is missing is the discussion of pregnancy.  I think a curriculum must include that as well as one of the possible outcomes of sexual activity, particularly when unprotected but even the potential failure of birth control.

I think it needs to be a very important consideration for a young person when they are thinking about sex.  Because certainly being pregnant at 15 or 16, is going to dramatically offer the trajectory of one's life.
Yep, failure rates of contraceptives is something that is a helpful tool that would enable kids to make the right choices about what is right for them. 

Great points so far, I'd also address that if you have buttsex that YOU NEED CONDOMS LUBE AND PATIENCE!, Ass-to-mouth is very unhygienic, and ass to vagina is a recipe for bacterial vaginosis, that anal tears that can occur increase the risk of STD's. Might not go overly well with the conservative Christian crowd, but yanno, FUCK THOSE GUYS!

Abstinence if you want that kind of thing is ok too, but buttsex doesn't make you abstinent, okay?

ALSO! if it hurts, your doing it wrong.  Dan Savage quoted a study a while back on one of his podcasts that UK kids were having sex that was painful because no one mentioned that it was meant to feel good, not hurt.

Mentioning that some people are gay, some people are bi, and some are asexual would be good too.

SAFER SEX PRACTICES FOR GIRLS WHO DIG GIRLS. Seriously, the lesbian and bi girls get NO information from parents, doctors, or women's magazines. Some of that info would be beneficial to guys too, like CLEAN HANDS AND SHORT NAILS IN THE DELICATE INTERNAL LADYPARTS,! and  GLYCERIN BASED LUBE IS BAD FOR LADYPARTS AND CAN CAUSE THRUSH! Gloves, dental dams, safe use of vibrators/dildos and such. Oh and toxic sex toys and how to spot them. Phylates are nasty things, silicone glass and metal, not those jelly things that smell plasticky (a sure sign of phylates.)

I'd like to see a good couple of sessions on Dating Violence and abusive behaviour red flags, maybe at the beginning of the course. The statistics for that shit is alarming as fuck. and we need to arm kids with these tools before an abusive relationship pattern is formed. Actually, that may be better to do as a separate course with younger kids, as I've seen case studies of 11-13 year olds in abusive relationships.  Some youngun's think that abusive relationships are normal, because they haven't been told otherwise, and that makes me very sad.

I just realised that I'm a conservative parent's worst nightmare hahahahaha! :D

Lenin McCarthy

The only thing I can remember from Sex Ed is
Use condoms!
Rape is fucking terrible, so obtain consent.
Whatever you feel, it's probably not abnormal.
And something about tampons.

In retrospect, I miss something about relationships and maybe some more technical depth.

Possibly, that was indeed covered but I didn't listen well because my main concern with sexuality until quite recently was trying to find a healthy way to repress it so a life of perpetual virginity wouldn't hurt so much.

Cain

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 05, 2012, 08:53:51 AM
Quote from: v3x on August 05, 2012, 08:33:33 AM
I think it works best in repressed societies, although I don't have a non-repressed society to compare it to. Probably a "LOOK SEX! LOL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! OH WELL YOU CAN HAVE A BIG MAC INSTEAD!" kind of thing.

How do they sell stuff in Denmark or wherever the hell people don't get this sex-obsessed frustrated puritan thing pounded into them? Are their hambugers metaphors for pussy?

In Denmark?

They just tell people that a Muslim is going to eat your hamburger if you don't eat it first. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SmogofCogs on August 05, 2012, 08:35:50 AM
one thing i'd want to do is expose a narrative that i see in a lot of american media. the narrative that says guys "get some" and girls "give it up". instead of that 'vagina is a commodity (depreciating value with time and usage btw, unlike the penis which can actually increase in value with time and usage) and men have to somehow maneuver around some bitch so that they can gain access to it and thereby bask in the greatness of the pussy oversoul' bullshit, i'd try to make them think of how great reciprocal sex is. and show them how much of an asshole you are if you are completely ignoring the person you are having sex with, let alone the effects that having sex with them may have on them.

and it'd probably be a good time to drop some lgbtqabbq knowledge on them as well

1.  Howdy, new guy.  I hate you.  Grrrr!

2.  That word I bolded out.  It has to stop growing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Forsooth

Based on context, does that acronym stand for "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans-Gender, Queer, Asexual, and Pig-Fucker"?

People come up with the darndest names for things...

Cain

The full acronym is LGBTQWTFROFLMAOBBQ

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 05, 2012, 06:18:05 PM
The full acronym is LGBTQWTFROFLMAOBBQ

Something about laughing at a BBQ?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Crazy modern kids and their sexual preferences.

Still, at least we can all agree furries are disgusting perverts.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gen. Disregard on August 05, 2012, 11:57:23 AM

Yeah, other than right away on page one, nobody's mentioned birth control at all.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Forsooth on August 05, 2012, 06:12:00 PM
Based on context, does that acronym stand for "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans-Gender, Queer, Asexual, and Pig-Fucker"?

I propose that in order to be inclusive and not leave anyone out, we just refer to the whole spectrum by the shorthand of "sexuality".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

SmogofCogs

Quote from: Forsooth on August 05, 2012, 06:12:00 PM

adding bbq was a huge step for the movement. the pig-fucker community, up until then was excluded and ridiculed, left to get off in dark alleyways and dirty underground nightclubs. police are people too you know.

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 05, 2012, 06:33:06 PM

I propose that in order to be inclusive and not leave anyone out, we just refer to the whole spectrum by the shorthand of "sexuality".

i concur, but i think these divisions can be helpful to the people contained within them because they've been told not to feel at home in the normative definition of sexuality. when a critical mass of people accept the whole spectrum, then maybe they'll feel ok with that? i'm not a huge fan of these divisions as well. the term feminism bothers me sometimes for this reason. i know third-wave is more about equality for everyone and is sex-positive, but it still feels like another boundary to break down. women can't move forward to a different sexual paradigm on their own and need the participation and education of men, however douchey and privileged we can be at times. most men can't get behind the term feminism though and start to lash back when they see women organizing. seems counterproductive. maybe my privilege is showing though?

Freeky

Hot damn, new guy can CONVERSATE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. :eek:  :aaa: :fap: