Oh Noez! What about Teh Menz? -Patriarchy isn't a dude's friend EITHER!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 07, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hey! Chill with the chest beating you two... you're gonna get the females all excited!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 16, 2012, 04:19:51 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 04:18:09 AM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 16, 2012, 04:15:57 AM

That just doesn't make sense to me if we're aiming for equality. It does make sense if we're aiming to perpetuate tribalism, Us vs Them. Ya gotta give Them a label.

It helps if you're gonna shoot 'em or dump a trainload of artillery on them, too.

Hey those Charleys/Gooks/Krauts/Sandnags DESERVED IT!

Insurgents
The enemy
collateral damage
crispy critters
etc

We also have nice, sanitary terms for really rotten shit, which also helps.

delivering ordinance
handing them the bill
being a really good infantryman
grazing fire (one of my favorites...and grazing as in cattle eating, not as in just barely hitting)

All of this stuff sounds way better than "we shot into the building, only it was full of the wrong people".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

YES! 50 pages!!!

Roger, but don't we need those labels? After all they call us infidels and use jihad as a label to cover their nasty shit... its the only way to fight them!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 04:20:26 AM

Every time I have said this exact same thing to you, you haven't acknowledged it and continued to operate on information from that disconnect. This is what has caused me to write you off with regards to this thread.The part where I specifically say I am not addressing you directly isn't snark or anything, it's because of this previous misunderstanding.

Well, here's my side of the disconnect:

"Roger, you are doing X or saying Y, which is totally shitty and oppressive, and reminiscent of the way people beat up on Black people.  Only I'm not saying that's what you're doing."

And there's already enough people who think I'm the biggest bastard in the world that MUST BE STOPPED, so don't feel the need to obsess.  Unless you want to, in which case there's always room at TCC.  You and I simply seem to operate 180 degrees out of phase with each other.  Wait, that's not right.  My rage is a sine wave, and you seem to be more of a straight line, so we catch each other mid-spazz, and the one that's spazzing thinks the OTHER guy is spazzing, and wonders what the fuck got up his arse.

If we could synchronize our spazzing, we wouldn't have these difficulties.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 16, 2012, 04:24:35 AM
YES! 50 pages!!!

Roger, but don't we need those labels? After all they call us infidels and use jihad as a label to cover their nasty shit... its the only way to fight them!

I don't want to fight them.  They were the opposing side, not the enemy.

If I'm gonna fight anyone ever again, it's gonna be the enemy.  But I don't see even that as likely, as I've had my fucking fill of that sort of shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 16, 2012, 04:22:42 AM
Hey! Chill with the chest beating you two... you're gonna get the females all excited!!!

The back of my brain says that arguing on the internet is going to increase my chances of attracting a mate.

And who am I going to believe?  You, or the virus-damaged crap stuck to the base of my skull?  Seriously, now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 04:28:49 AM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 04:20:26 AM

Every time I have said this exact same thing to you, you haven't acknowledged it and continued to operate on information from that disconnect. This is what has caused me to write you off with regards to this thread.The part where I specifically say I am not addressing you directly isn't snark or anything, it's because of this previous misunderstanding.

Well, here's my side of the disconnect:

"Roger, you are doing X or saying Y, which is totally shitty and oppressive, and reminiscent of the way people beat up on Black people.  Only I'm not saying that's what you're doing."

And there's already enough people who think I'm the biggest bastard in the world that MUST BE STOPPED, so don't feel the need to obsess.  Unless you want to, in which case there's always room at TCC.  You and I simply seem to operate 180 degrees out of phase with each other.  Wait, that's not right.  My rage is a sine wave, and you seem to be more of a straight line, so we catch each other mid-spazz, and the one that's spazzing thinks the OTHER guy is spazzing, and wonders what the fuck got up his arse.

If we could synchronize our spazzing, we wouldn't have these difficulties.
My phone makes it hard to go back and pull quotes, but I haven't said anything that read to me like accusing you of being oppressive. It wasn't my intention. I feel that I have expressed my discomfort with related attitudes in myself because I am conscious of how they can be intepreted as common antifeminist tropes.

Basically, until I have a real computer, if you feel like I am directly attacking you, I need a quote of where the breakdown occurred. Or, given my limited ability to go into thread histor, ignore the past and go forward with the understanding that I'm not accusing you of the described behaviours. I would eprime harder but tiny phone keyboard.

i'm sorry for things I said in anger while perceiving you as deliberately ignoring my offers of repairing our communication. You're probably still an asshole, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 04:37:15 AM

My phone makes it hard to go back and pull quotes, but I haven't said anything that read to me like accusing you of being oppressive. It wasn't my intention. I feel that I have expressed my discomfort with related attitudes in myself because I am conscious of how they can be intepreted as common antifeminist tropes.

Oh, okay.  There's the disconnect. 

However, I gotta say, if I have an opinion that's honestly mine, I'm going to go with it until it is proven to me that it is unsupportable without said antifeminist tropes.  Using the word "cunt" with reference to a piece of malfunctioning equipment, for example, was okay by me until the flaw in my logic was demonstrated.  Since then, I've stopped doing it.

On the labeling issue, though, I do seriously believe that it is devisive at a time in which we really can't afford to be any more divided.

Quotei'm sorry for things I said in anger while perceiving you as deliberately ignoring my offers of repairing our communication. You're probably still an asshole, though.

S'ok.  I can see how this happened.

And I just checked the magic 8 ball.  It called me an asshole.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 16, 2012, 04:02:15 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 03:58:50 AM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 03:57:06 AM
"I am just trying to be a better person."

I actually read this as genuine at first. My bad.
And then Roger was a successful troll.

Then Roger didn't take you seriously when you went off the fucking deep end.

Or words to that effect.

Well, I'm off to bed, to dream up more ways to keep a brother down.  Paes, be prepared to be consumed with Holy WrathTM at my outrageous acts of oppression on this very board, come tomorrow.  That way, you won't even notice when the people who are actually oppressing you come down on you like a ten ton sack of pigshit.

Way to go.

In fairness, no one's oppressing Paes. He's a straight white cis guy, bless him.

People say things like this when they buy into the idea of patriarchy, rather than kyriarchy.

It probably helps if you've turned a blind eye to systemic banking corruption throughout the globe, the increasingly punitive prison culture right in your own back yard, and living in a country that has some of the worst inequality in the world.

Those all are things that white cis guys are immune from, see.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Damn, I had no idea the Magic 8 ball and I would ever agree on anything.

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on August 16, 2012, 04:44:18 AM
Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 16, 2012, 04:02:15 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 03:58:50 AM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 03:57:06 AM
"I am just trying to be a better person."

I actually read this as genuine at first. My bad.
And then Roger was a successful troll.

Then Roger didn't take you seriously when you went off the fucking deep end.

Or words to that effect.

Well, I'm off to bed, to dream up more ways to keep a brother down.  Paes, be prepared to be consumed with Holy WrathTM at my outrageous acts of oppression on this very board, come tomorrow.  That way, you won't even notice when the people who are actually oppressing you come down on you like a ten ton sack of pigshit.

Way to go.

In fairness, no one's oppressing Paes. He's a straight white cis guy, bless him.

People say things like this when they buy into the idea of patriarchy, rather than kyriarchy.

It probably helps if you've turned a blind eye to systemic banking corruption throughout the globe, the increasingly punitive prison culture right in your own back yard, and living in a country that has some of the worst inequality in the world.

Those all are things that white cis guys are immune from, see.

QuoteAs a result, for those who commit crime, prison has increasingly become New Zealand's punishment of choice. The only Western country with a higher rate of imprisonment than ours is the United States -- which locks up a massive 748 people per 100,000.

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!
WE'RE NUMBER ONE!
WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

The Good Reverend Roger

Pæs

If I wander too close to antifeminist tropes, Signora turns up the voltage.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 04:56:53 AM
If I wander too close to antifeminist tropes, Signora turns up the voltage.

That's why you gotta keep them wimenz in their place!!! If she was barefoot, pregnant and makin' you a sammich, she wouldn't have time to hook your genitals up to those electrodes.