News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Oh Noez! What about Teh Menz? -Patriarchy isn't a dude's friend EITHER!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 07, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 21, 2012, 08:41:39 PM
Quote from: Alty on August 21, 2012, 08:34:31 PM
So in regard to the, uh, OP...

I just got rejected for a massage that my buddy passed my way. I called the dude and he eventually stammered that they were looking for female therapists. What's troubling about this isn't sexism that prevents me from making sweet sweet money. It's that he could barely talk to me. He sounded like a lost puppy. He sounded like a really sheltered frat boy type who wandered into a lively gay bar by mistake. He was in fact a little terrified to clarify this situation.

I've encountered this before. There is an element of intense fear to be in the wrong place with regard to ones sex. I think this has directly to do with the sharp lines that seeks to divide what is male and what is female. This guys was so frightened to find himself potentially in the wrong side of that line. It causes confusion and lack of empathy and understanding.

That's how patriarchy hurts men. It forces us all to live by a certain standard. Even when it is absurd.
That sucks. It sucks for you, and it sucks more... way more... for him. Patriarchy hurts men every time a man is afraid to give his buddy a hug, every time a man doesn't tell his friends he's hurting because he doesn't want to seem weak, every time a man doesn't get the care he needs because he's worried, even subconsciously, about seeming too "gay". It hurts little boys who want to play with dolls instead of guns, and it hurts little boys who are into sports and "boy stuff" and suppress their feelings instead of being open with them. Every mom who has a son knows that there may very well be a time... hopefully one that will pass... that their little boy will stop being cuddly and stop talking to them about their personal stuff because it's not cool, in this society, for a boy to be close to their mom. "Mama's boy" is an insult, in this society.

This is such a terrifying and depressing prospect, I think. NO YUO CANNOT HAZ FEELINGS

Monkey came home and started chasing the dogs. When they fled, he said "Don't be so wussy!" I died a little inside, and chastised him a bit, but how do you combat something that is so thick on tgw ground it soaks in so early as that?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on August 22, 2012, 06:21:22 AM

I just got rejected for a massage that my buddy passed my way. I called the dude and he eventually stammered that they were looking for female therapists. What's troubling about this isn't sexism that prevents me from making sweet sweet money. It's that he could barely talk to me. He sounded like a lost puppy. He sounded like a really sheltered frat boy type who wandered into a lively gay bar by mistake. He was in fact a little terrified to clarify this situation.

I've encountered this before. There is an element of intense fear to be in the wrong place with regard to ones sex. I think this has directly to do with the sharp lines that seeks to divide what is male and what is female. This guys was so frightened to find himself potentially in the wrong side of that line. It causes confusion and lack of empathy and understanding.

That's how patriarchy hurts men. It forces us all to live by a certain standard. Even when it is absurd.
That sucks. It sucks for you, and it sucks more... way more... for him. Patriarchy hurts men every time a man is afraid to give his buddy a hug, every time a man doesn't tell his friends he's hurting because he doesn't want to seem weak, every time a man doesn't get the care he needs because he's worried, even subconsciously, about seeming too "gay". It hurts little boys who want to play with dolls instead of guns, and it hurts little boys who are into sports and "boy stuff" and suppress their feelings instead of being open with them. Every mom who has a son knows that there may very well be a time... hopefully one that will pass... that their little boy will stop being cuddly and stop talking to them about their personal stuff because it's not cool, in this society, for a boy to be close to their mom. "Mama's boy" is an insult, in this society.

This is such a terrifying and depressing prospect, I think. NO YUO CANNOT HAZ FEELINGS

Monkey came home and started chasing the dogs. When they fled, he said "Don't be so wussy!" I died a little inside, and chastised him a bit, but how do you combat something that is so thick on tgw ground it soaks in so early as that?

Aw.

:(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on August 22, 2012, 04:06:58 AM
I'm pretty sure that test Stella linked to is a troll aimed squarely at people's fear of crossdressers and transsexuals.

:lulz: Gotta be.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Wow this test is actually kind of sexist and assumes that your body tells who you are (brow to hairline measurement? really?)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

QuoteYour Raw Score is: -420, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Quite Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Crossdresser
NOTES:

Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.
    You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Female gender role.

Well gee, just cause i have goth tendencies and sometimes wear makeup cause it looks good on my eyes must mean i have undirected sexuality.

And im not conflicted about my gender, i just do what i think is appropiate in a given situation, not what im "supposed" to just cause i have a dick.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 22, 2012, 12:24:16 PM

Wow this test is actually kind of sexist and assumes that your body tells who you are (brow to hairline measurement? really?)
Aren't those are hormonal indicators, like finger length and so on.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Johnny

Maybe if we could include our cranium measurements it would be more accurate.

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 22, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

Phrenology aside, it isn't a measure of gender but some of these can be a rough indicator of estrogen level?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio

Bu🤠ns

This thread has really shedding some additional light on my research into the mythopoetic men's movement I was doing a little while ago. Robert Bly would actually confront these issues in some of his talks but it seems he only went halfway.  The part of where you talk about the mamma's boy would be rejected, iow.  But he did address how it's somehow wrong to tell another man that he has a beautiful cock (for the most "extreme" example) and other sort of patriarchal oppressive attitudes.

The mama's boy thing is interesting because I'm not sure if there really would BE a mama's boy in an ideal society. It, I think, would be a non-issue perhaps replaced with simple respect and open love for one's mother. The mama's boy, from what I understand, is often characterized by the 'nice-guy syndrome' where there was no clean separation from the boy from his mother.  While this act is ritualized in some indigenous societies, it not ours.  So what happens is that a guy becomes a 'nice guy' who is characterized by his neediness, emotional dependency, projecting the role of mother on his lover, lack of drive, secret manipulative "I do all these things for you and never ask for anything in return, but you never do anything for me", etc, attitudes. This also keeps the man from growing into a healthy adult and keeps him under this weird emotional shelter that also affects his romantic relationship as well as his relationship with his children.

Now I'm not really convinced Bly's formula is the correct one, but it does raise some issues--especially on the 'nice guy syndrome' and how it, as it seems to me, is another way that Patriarchy isn't a dude's friend EITHER!

LMNO

Whoever changed the subforum's name, I love you and you have a beautiful cock.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 22, 2012, 12:24:16 PM

Also, if you don't like math and are afraid of parallel parking, you must be a girl.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on August 22, 2012, 03:53:20 PM

Phrenology aside, it isn't a measure of gender but some of these can be a rough indicator of estrogen level?

Sure... they CAN be. They can also be an indicator of genetic makeup. Native American women, for example, are prone to a low waist to hip ratio and a lower hairline. Considering that the "test" determined that I am androgynous in appearance, highly masculine in behavior, and a strong candidate for FTM surgery, I'm gonna go with "this test is worthless and probably written by college students as part of a first-year class project".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Verbal Mike

It actually has a terrific set of connotations that totally make sense (and I don't mean the "penis" sense of "cock" here).
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Faust

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 22, 2012, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: Faust on August 22, 2012, 03:53:20 PM

Sure... they CAN be. They can also be an indicator of genetic makeup. Native American women, for example, are prone to a low waist to hip ratio and a lower hairline. Considering that the "test" determined that I am androgynous in appearance, highly masculine in behavior, and a strong candidate for FTM surgery, I'm gonna go with "this test is worthless and probably written by college students as part of a first-year class project".
In a rage it told me I was a transvestite when I refused to give it any other information then the fact that I am male.